Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Finding Nemo Submarine Water...

I was thinking about this recently, how do they do the television projections underwater on FNSV?? I have heard several different theories, but really don't know how it works. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Re: Finding Nemo Submarine Water...

A brief rundown of it is kind of like this: the actual show scenes within the attraction's warehouse (after the waterfall) are actually dry; they are not submerged in water (unlike the original Submarine Voyage). The sub travels through a kind of long pool, if you will, which there is water on both sides and glass between the water and the actual show scenes. Past the glass everything is dry, and the projection screens are large but you can make out their outlines when riding. Basically, images are projected either glass or sheer fabric (not sure which), and special lighting and wind effects are utilized within the show scenes to make it look like it is all underwater. Hope that made sense!

Comment

its not actually in the water at all the projected fx along with the reef sets are contained in plexiglass boxes and the subs just pull up next to the side

check me out on Flickr
      www.flickr.com/photos/xsorsburn

Comment

Aw man!
        Next thing your gonna tell me is that the fire's not real in Pirates.

Comment

The above posts are correct - and it's indeed a lightweight fabric that they're projected on.

Comment

I heard it was scrim (the fabric they use to make the ceiling look solid on HD when you see your Ghost Host)and the just project onto it.
            "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
            YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
            Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
            (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

I'm not sure it's an actual scrim, but it's some sort of similar fabric, I believe.

Comment

Lol, from the title I thought you were talking about the quality of the actual water in FNSV. I was riding it today, and it seemed really dirty. There was even a water bottle floating in it... The water quality has gotten so bad you can even see the aforementioned sheets of glass and fabric. It sort of ruins the illusion.

--KAN

Comment

Originally posted by KAN View Post
                  Lol, from the title I thought you were talking about the quality of the actual water in FNSV. I was riding it today, and it seemed really dirty. There was even a water bottle floating in it... The water quality has gotten so bad you can even see the aforementioned sheets of glass and fabric. It sort of ruins the illusion.

--KAN
                  I've noticed that as well! It looks really clear from outside, but once you get in the submarine, it doesn't look so clear.
                  We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X