Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What's up with Big Thunder today?

Walked by Big Thunder Mtn and they were clearig out the queue and they had one train full of people stopped on the track with lots of cables and lighting equipment being set up oppsite the stopped train. the fast pass machines were shut down as well as all the signage for FP return times and standby wait times. Didn't see a cast member to ask soooo....does anyone know?
    sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Re: What's up with Big Thunder today?

I'm Going tomorrow hopefully we will find out whats going on maybe its just something
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Maybe for a commercial? Or major photo opp for some vip? Or the ride broke down?
      Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
        I'm Going tomorrow hopefully we will find out whats going on maybe its just something
        Um.... Of course it's something.

If its a breakdown, photo-op, just closed, or whatever it will always be something.
        Last edited by TIS17; 06-15-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

This happens a LOT.

Usually some unsuspecting guest who tries to stand up stops the ride for a while. They have to clear the queue, evac the ride, and test it thoroughly before letting people back on.

Maybe a CM could elaborate or correct me if I am mistaken?
          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
            This happens a LOT.

Usually some unsuspecting guest who tries to stand up stops the ride for a while. They have to clear the queue, evac the ride, and test it thoroughly before letting people back on.

Maybe a CM could elaborate or correct me if I am mistaken?
            I could agree with that 100% except that they had all these cables and lights set up like it was for some kind of shoot, but what struck me weird was why would DL let all these people queue up then tell them to leave? wouldn't make sense to have the queue roped off at the entrance and then empty out via the ride, why amke all these people stand there for 30 minutes only to tell them they have to leave because of an event that was already planned?
            sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

The cables and lighting equipment sound strange, but the ride does break down. Last time I was in the park a train stalled on top of the high hill. People evacuated the queue and the ride opened up about twent minutes later.

Comment

There was a film shooting today for some TV show so that might be it. They came to Matterhorn for a scene and tween girls were going crazy and taking pictures of the "celebrities". But to stop a major attraction, on a busy day, for a film shoot is pretty unfair to the other guests.

Comment

I believe it was filming because Disneyland was filming something over at Rivers of America.
                  "You are watching FOX"

Comment

They were filming a promo for Ruby and the Rockits, ABC Family's newest show.

--KAN

Comment

Hello! My dad directed the Ruby and the Rockits promo commercial, so i was there. We did not film on Thunder Mountain because when we walked over there from the Teacups and it was broken down. I don't think they put anything on the train for the commercial. If it wasn't broken down when we got there they still wouldn't have actually but the camera on the train. They would have done what we did on matterhorn which was the put the camera in a spot where the train comes down and they film it coming down the drop or something like that. I hope I helped! If you have any other questions about the Ruby and the Rockits promo commercial ask me!

Comment

What does Ruby and the Rockits have to do with Disneyland? (Maybe I'm going to have to watch it now.)

Comment

The lights were probably just the work lights that come on when something breaks down
                          WELCOME ABOARD
                          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                            What does Ruby and the Rockits have to do with Disneyland? (Maybe I'm going to have to watch it now.)

Ruby and the Rockits is a ABC Family show, a division of ABC, which is owned by Disney, and as you guessed Disneyland is obviously owned by Disney... Disneyland is associated with fun and, you can fill in the blanks...

--KAN

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X