Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Old pics used in nightastic commercial.

In the new commercail for summer nightastic, when they show Paradise pier it has the old Paradise pier sign as well as the old buildings under the loop pre TSMM. The mickey head on California screamin' was taken off by a computer. The Sun Weel has a pic of a Mickey head but it has the old color scheme.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Re: Old pics used in nightastic commercial.

I wouldn't expect them to film new b-roll footage for the Electrical Parade until those lovely walls around the lagoon viewing area are down. Until then, at least they made a (minimal) effort to reflect what the Sun Wheel and Screamin' loop currently look like.

Now what if they had left the Mickey head on the Loop and the Sun face on the Sun Wheel? Wouldn't you be a bit more upset at that? And quite frankly, the average person Disney's trying to sell the promotion to isn't going to notice those minor things in the background of a commercial.

Comment

This is Disney. When it comes to commercials and vacation videos they have the worst quality control. They reuse so much old footage. I mean, there are even vacation videos with Phantom Manor footage for WDW. But other than us fanboys...no one cares.

Comment

I remember seeing a vacation video for disneyland and it had a Peter Pan's Flight shot but the boat had 2 rows! Whats up with that?! lol

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
        For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by junglecskipper View Post
          In the new commercail for summer nightastic, when they show Paradise pier it has the old Paradise pier sign as well as the old buildings under the loop pre TSMM. The mickey head on California screamin' was taken off by a computer. The Sun Weel has a pic of a Mickey head but it has the old color scheme.
          Also, if you notice during the Paradise Pier/EP section when Tink flies onto the screen, the street is Main St, in the lower right hand corner that's Cinema marquee from behind.

EDIT:

I guess since they figured that this bit was going to go by so fast, and it's cheaper to use old footage/pictures that they didn't bother to make it correct. Oh well.

Comment

LAME COMMERCIAL! To be honest, the song isnt all that inspiring after having a close listen

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic

Comment

I agree with MonkeyDishwasher and tloolgb, the average viewer (which more than half of the disney population) is going to notice or care that they are using stock footage. I certainly didn't (and I rewatched it after seeing it for the first time).

Comment

In this case, I can understand using the old footage. The Paradise Pier area is not exactly in a photogenic state right now.

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
                I remember seeing a vacation video for disneyland and it had a Peter Pan's Flight shot but the boat had 2 rows! Whats up with that?! lol
                That would be from Disneyland Paris' amazing attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                  In this case, I can understand using the old footage. The Paradise Pier area is not exactly in a photogenic state right now.

That would be from Disneyland Paris' amazing attraction.
                  No way! I need to google Paris's version now!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic

Comment

I YouTubed it. It's pretty much ours except a little more detailed and lots of lights. I wished they'd done our Peter Pan unit from MSEP like that when they redid it.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

The could have use flim from last summer. The lake was full and TSMM was open.
                      As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

Originally posted by junglecskipper View Post
                        The could have use flim from last summer. The lake was full and TSMM was open.
                        Do you know said footage was taken? Besides, plenty else would not be the same just from then.

Comment

Is this really something to get all worked up about? It seems to be a none issue to me, not to mention this isn't a new practice.

Comment

If you also watch it when Tink brings in the Elect. Parade they have the Blue Fairy still there.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicWDI View Post
                              Is this really something to get all worked up about? It seems to be a none issue to me, not to mention this isn't a new practice.
                              As much as I want to fight this commercial...you're right

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X