This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] fantasmic guest control question

do fantasmic guest control cms no longer go to the island and take down the fences and things? it seems it is now the techs who do this. Anyone know?

Re: fantasmic guest control question

Guest Control no longer takes down and then sets up the island. Entertainment Show Support took over doing this about two years ago.

Comment

Aaaahhhh...... I remember taking down and putting the island back up!! Fun times, fun times!! I miss those longer shifts.

Comment

I never knew about that. I totally wish they still did this, I think it would make the shifts a bit more magical. And who wouldn't mind the extra time on the clock?
        Piano performances: Bohemain Rhapsody, To Zanarkand
        Theatre organ performances: Singin' in the Rain, Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite, My Foolish Heart

Comment

No extra, your shift just starts later.

Comment

I remember loving the almost 8 hr Fan! shifts of take down and putting the island back up. In fact I miss Fan! shifts in general.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Ha! I don't miss it. Fan! was fun and all, but after an entire summer of shifts there, I don't think I could do it again. x_x And I don't mean the show, I never got tired of that, but the guests were scary. Although the idea of extra hours isn't too bad.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

"Dlcastmember"'s video doesn't work and I wanted to find out what it was so here:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ]YouTube - "What Will You Celebrate?" Commercial[/ame]
                Disneyland's closed for all of 2011. See you in 2012. Snow White is now a water ride, Matterhorn has a fullsize basketball court where the Clippers have relocated to, and King Arthur's Carousel is suspended 250ft. in the air.
                Enjoy it while it lasts! LOL!

Proud Premium Passholder

What happened to the old Disney movie opening? The new ones just too long and not classic.

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                  Ha! I don't miss it. Fan! was fun and all, but after an entire summer of shifts there, I don't think I could do it again. x_x And I don't mean the show, I never got tired of that, but the guests were scary. Although the idea of extra hours isn't too bad.
                  I miss it greatly!! We had a whole crew who knew what to do and we ROCK AT IT!!! We often would teach the newbies to Fantasmic! I miss the 7 hours Fantasmic! shift and occasionally get leftover deserts from the desert buffet. Those were fun times!!

Comment

I wish i can work there..... Is Fan! part of the attrations cast member?

Comment

Originally posted by andyjean View Post
                      I wish i can work there..... Is Fan! part of the attrations cast member?
                      Guest control is part of the job description for any attractions cast member as far as I know, although Fan is generally operated by the NOCC cast. It's not unusual, however, for cast members from other areas of the park to get pulled to work Fan. I've even seen cm's from DCA in the yellow jackets.
                      Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
                      Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                        Guest control is part of the job description for any attractions cast member as far as I know, although Fan is generally operated by the NOCC cast. It's not unusual, however, for cast members from other areas of the park to get pulled to work Fan. I've even seen cm's from DCA in the yellow jackets.
                        Long, long, loooooooooong time ago, fantasmic! shifts could be picked up by ANYONE!!! One of the reasons I loved it was because you get to work with different people from different areas of the park.

Comment

so is a fantasmic shift a full time shift or part time? or is it both?

Comment

I believe it's just a four hour shift.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                              Long, long, loooooooooong time ago, fantasmic! shifts could be picked up by ANYONE!!! One of the reasons I loved it was because you get to work with different people from different areas of the park.
                              Back in 99 - 2000 only the Westside attractions CMs were allowed to work Fantasmic. 2000 was my favorite year because that's when we had the river house supervisors staffed as the shift leads and all of the CMs that worked RoA in the daytime including myself would work OT at Fantasmic. Those were the days when we'd goof off on the island before/after setting up and a few times some of us would be able to hang out in the treehouse during the show. I almost want to confirm that it was because of the horsing around that we did that year and the amount of OT we were racking up that led to the Fantasmic shifts becoming more of an 'open enrollment' in the following years.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X