Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland 4th of July fireworks - For 4 nights this year!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland 4th of July fireworks - For 4 nights this year!

We've just received word that Disneyland's 4th of July fireworks will be shown for four nights beginning July 2nd. The specially created show will replace "Magical" on those nights.

Here's the note that Al posted just a few moments ago on MiceAge:

Editor's Note 6/21: After it was cancelled last year on July 4th due to high winds, Disneyland has scheduled their specially created 4th of July fireworks show four separate nights in place of Magical this year, beginning July 2nd. Disneyland is taking a tip from WDW on this one, as WDW routinely plays their 4th show on multiple nights. Sometimes the Floridians do have a good idea! - Al Lutz
    Sounds like a great idea and an opportunity for the maximum number of people to see the show.

-Dusty-
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Disneyland 4th of July fireworks - For 4 nights this year!

This is cool news. Do they use the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show on the Fourth? I've never seen it, so that would be cool for me if they do. We're planning on going for the Fourth. Are the parks usually busy on that day or are they pretty average for a summer day (summer weekend in this case).

Comment

Sounds like it is going to be a new show. So smart of them to run the show on multiple nights. If they are going to spend the time and money to build a special show, they might as well use it for more than one night.

And in the event of the show being canceled for high winds, there is a better chance that the show will run at least once during those 4 nights.
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

WDW always seems to have the best ideas!! Good jobs to Upper Management for picking up on this!!

Comment

Another plus, that first performance (July 2) isn't a blockout date for Deluxe passholders.
          Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
            This is cool news. Do they use the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show on the Fourth? I've never seen it, so that would be cool for me if they do. We're planning on going for the Fourth. Are the parks usually busy on that day or are they pretty average for a summer day (summer weekend in this case).
            Glad to hear this! This is an all-new show they created last year. WDW and Disneyland used the same music. Only Disneyland had the show on July 4th only and it was stopped in the middle due to winds. So no one knows how Disneyland's version ends. So this year they are actually being smart.
            Last edited by AaronInCal; 06-21-2009, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!!!

Comment

4 Nights of 4th of July fireworks? Now that's magical! Good work Disney :thumbup:
                "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

That is awesome! It also may help to relieve some of the crowds on the actual 4th of July. But I'm sure that's wishful thinking
                  Jeff Wayne

Comment

What a great idea, so dusty will you be at all 4 showings?

"To All Who Come To This Happy Place Your Welcome!"

Comment

It is official check the calendar I will be there on Thursday July 2nd YAY!!!!
                      Calendar
                      Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Sounds cool...

It also means that for 4 nights Harbor will be a parking lot... and a lot of people will "break down" on the 5. But that said I am all for 4 nights of fireworks.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

This is great news. Last year was a disaster.

Comment

I have mixed fellings about trying to go on the 3rd. I think I'm a fireworks jinx and I hate risking it for others. I went Friday night and they stopped the show before Dumbo or Tink flew.

Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X