Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Star Tours II

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Tours II

Originally posted by matterhorn boy View Post
    film might have it's drawbacks as a long term format, but a clean 70mm print still outclasses all forms of digital projection.
    here here!

Comment

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
      Also, few people seem to realize that going from 70mm film to "High Definition" DLP resolution is a significant downgrade. Film might have it's drawbacks as a long term format, but a clean 70mm print still outclasses all forms of digital projection.
      Have you seen RED's new 28K camera. (yes it really is 28k), that dwarfs any 70mm film.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
        Have you seen RED's new 28K camera. (yes it really is 28k), that dwarfs any 70mm film.
        Heck yes! Plus, it comes at the budget friendly price of $53,000 for the "brain" itself! That's not including storage, lenses, monitors, etc. I guess if you have the money for stuff like that it's no problem...

And if you're wondering what that looks like, I think this image puts it into perspective:

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

Doubt it.
          It's immensely popular over
          at Walt Disney World.

However, there has been some
          talk about doing some events similar
          to Star Wars Weekends at the
          Disneyland Resort.
          hope so..why not have star wars weekends at both parks?
          "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
            hope so..why not have star wars weekends at both parks?
            It does not seem that Star Wars Weekends
            would discontinue in Orlando once and if a similar
            style event was to come to Anaheim.

I do feel a sense of sympathy for the
            Walt Disney World Resort not being part
            of the over-haul. Especially when a massive
            Star Wars fan base event is held there.

Comment

Great comparison graphic rajbonham! Where'd you find it? Or did you make it given the screen resolutions?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                Great comparison graphic rajbonham! Where'd you find it? Or did you make it given the screen resolutions?
                I think it's on RED's website.

Comment

well since its official about the redo w lucas and olc..this is going to be big.. real big i think everything we have posted on here.. for the most part will happen, cant wait.. although i will admit its a shameless plug for the new starwars tv show.. between epidsoes 3-4....

Comment

Until it's actually being projected on a regular basis, and there's a feasible way of storing the massive amount of data that such a format would entail, my original statement still stands.

Also, people were mentioning image stability (and also lens usage) being a major factor in clarity, many times trumping the recorded resolution, which I agree with to an extent. But since Star Tours was a product of motion control cameras and more traditional non-CG effects, most of the movie is effectively a collection of very precise camera movements, bordering on stop-motion photography. It'd be hard to find a better example of something using 70mm more effectively.
                    Last edited by Matterhorn Boy; 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                      Found it on Wikipedia. Just do a search on the Red cameras.
                      "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
                        Until it's actually being projected on a regular basis, and there's a feasible way of storing the massive amount of data that such a format would entail, my original statement still stands.
                        What about Red's 4k camera. The RED ONE. Being shot on a regular basis now in Hollywood.

Comment

What about Red's 4k camera. The RED ONE. Being shot on a regular basis now in Hollywood.
                          You were talking about a 28k camera, which is entirely different from a 4k camera. Like an order of 7x the difference.

70mm film is shot and projected at the same resolution. I doubt the same will be true of a 28k camera. Until the same is true for these larger digital formats, 70mm is superior.

Comment

since when did a star tours thread become a debate for camera strength?

Comment

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
                              since when did a star tours thread become a debate for camera strength?

If you actually took the time to read the actual discussion, the film tech talk has everything to do with the rumored changes in the show's presentation, and their relation to the original ride tech. Since that's basically the only thing to go on at this point, I fail to see how it's off topic.

Comment

For those of you not obsessively focused just on DLR...

Someone (who claims to have insider sources) reported in the WDW forum that ST II will also come to DHS in 2011. And it won't be a watered down version, either, because Lucas vetoed that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X