Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Star Tours II

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadHatter45
    started a topic [Fun] Star Tours II

Star Tours II

So, a Star Tours II has been announced, but not much is known about its current state. So, I thought I would allow everyone to have a little fun, what would you like to see in a Star Tours update?

I would like it to be a little more exciting. The original just doesn't really do it for me. Here are some ideas:

Fly through a dog fight between X-wings, Y-wings, A-wings, etc. against some TIE fighters.

Fly into an astroid and almost get eaten by a giant worm (Episode V style)

View the Millenium Falcon being chased by the Slave I (Boba Fett's Ship)

Fly to the surface of a planet and stumble upon a battle between rebels and imperials.

Take heavy fire from and AT-AT

Ship crash lands

Ship goes into hyper drive

• sunrider
    replied
    Re: Star Tours II

Originally posted by pahool View Post
    Disneyland could really take a tip from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. That was hands-down the best sound-and-motion ride I've ever been on. Far more immersive than Star Tours. I'm not putting Star Tours down, Star Tours was a trailblazer for motion platform rides, but things have gone way beyond. I think a more open cockpit with "windows" (video screens) on the ceiling, walls and rear of the vessel would be a great start. Having some variety in the dialog and possibly the films would be great so that it's not the same ride every time. A variety of droid pilots would be pretty cool as well.
    we are getting 25 beginnings, middles and endings to play randomly.. thats a good start i ve read some where it will be 4d dont know how that will pan out,
    the diffrent pilots would be cool the way the AA tech is now..and who says it has to be droid pilots?.....maybe a few diffrent races.... just speculating on that.....

Leave a comment:

• pahool
    replied

Disneyland could really take a tip from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. That was hands-down the best sound-and-motion ride I've ever been on. Far more immersive than Star Tours. I'm not putting Star Tours down, Star Tours was a trailblazer for motion platform rides, but things have gone way beyond. I think a more open cockpit with "windows" (video screens) on the ceiling, walls and rear of the vessel would be a great start. Having some variety in the dialog and possibly the films would be great so that it's not the same ride every time. A variety of droid pilots would be pretty cool as well.

Leave a comment:

• The Disneylander
    replied

I've read that too...and have a hard time believing it. I'm going to wait for Al's confirmation on this one...

Leave a comment:

• disneyfann121
    replied

For those of you not obsessively focused just on DLR...

Someone (who claims to have insider sources) reported in the WDW forum that ST II will also come to DHS in 2011. And it won't be a watered down version, either, because Lucas vetoed that.

Leave a comment:

• Matterhorn Boy
    replied

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
    since when did a star tours thread become a debate for camera strength?

If you actually took the time to read the actual discussion, the film tech talk has everything to do with the rumored changes in the show's presentation, and their relation to the original ride tech. Since that's basically the only thing to go on at this point, I fail to see how it's off topic.

Leave a comment:

• sunrider
    replied

since when did a star tours thread become a debate for camera strength?

Leave a comment:

• Matterhorn Boy
    replied

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    What about Red's 4k camera. The RED ONE. Being shot on a regular basis now in Hollywood.
    You were talking about a 28k camera, which is entirely different from a 4k camera. Like an order of 7x the difference.

70mm film is shot and projected at the same resolution. I doubt the same will be true of a 28k camera. Until the same is true for these larger digital formats, 70mm is superior.

Leave a comment:

• k_peek_2000
    replied

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
    Until it's actually being projected on a regular basis, and there's a feasible way of storing the massive amount of data that such a format would entail, my original statement still stands.
    What about Red's 4k camera. The RED ONE. Being shot on a regular basis now in Hollywood.

Leave a comment:

• rajbonham
    replied

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Great comparison graphic rajbonham! Where'd you find it? Or did you make it given the screen resolutions?
    Found it on Wikipedia. Just do a search on the Red cameras.

Leave a comment:

• Matterhorn Boy
    replied

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Have you seen RED's new 28K camera. (yes it really is 28k), that dwarfs any 70mm film.
    Until it's actually being projected on a regular basis, and there's a feasible way of storing the massive amount of data that such a format would entail, my original statement still stands.

Also, people were mentioning image stability (and also lens usage) being a major factor in clarity, many times trumping the recorded resolution, which I agree with to an extent. But since Star Tours was a product of motion control cameras and more traditional non-CG effects, most of the movie is effectively a collection of very precise camera movements, bordering on stop-motion photography. It'd be hard to find a better example of something using 70mm more effectively.
    Last edited by Matterhorn Boy; 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sunrider
    replied

well since its official about the redo w lucas and olc..this is going to be big.. real big i think everything we have posted on here.. for the most part will happen, cant wait.. although i will admit its a shameless plug for the new starwars tv show.. between epidsoes 3-4....

Leave a comment:

• k_peek_2000
    replied

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Great comparison graphic rajbonham! Where'd you find it? Or did you make it given the screen resolutions?
    I think it's on RED's website.

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rob™
    replied

Originally posted by sunrider View Post
    hope so..why not have star wars weekends at both parks?
    It does not seem that Star Wars Weekends
    would discontinue in Orlando once and if a similar
    style event was to come to Anaheim.

I do feel a sense of sympathy for the
    Walt Disney World Resort not being part
    of the over-haul. Especially when a massive
    Star Wars fan base event is held there.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X