Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ride differences between DL and MK?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Ride differences between DL and MK?

    Hi all,

    I've been to Disneyland twice in the past year (and going again in 2.5 weeks), and have been to Disney World twice. However, I am not sure of the differences between some of the rides. Can anyone elaborate on what is different in the following rides at Disneyland (apart from their Disney World counterparts)? Thanks!

    1. Jungle Cruise
    I know that MK's version is longer, so what is DL's version lacking?

    2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    I have no idea what the differences are.

    3. Splash Mountain
    Is it just longer on the outside portion? Is there more happening on the inside portions at MK?

    4. Space Mountain
    I know that MK has two tracks, and the queue is very different, and I don't think that MK has the soundtrack that DL has, but is the star effect very similar?

    5. Snow White
    I honestly have no idea what the differences are.

    6. Peter Pan
    Is the section where you fly through the stars at MK? I don't remember it at all!

    7. Buzz Lightyear
    I remember a spinning tunnel at the end of the ride at MK. Are there other major differences?

    Thanks for your help!

  • #2
    Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

    wow.. loaded question!

    Big Thunder is basically the same except a more elaborate queue at MK.

    Splash has more scenes at MK inside then DL.

    Space is basically completely different between the two parks. They are both inside rollercoasters in the dark. That's about where the similarities stop. Queues are completely different, ride vehicles and track are different. DL is MUCH darker and the star effect much better. Really almost completely different rides.

    Snow White has an additional scene at the end.

    Peter Pan at MK has a much better set where you fly over London.

    Buzz has cars that spin with fixed guns at MK and hand-held guns at DL. The targets at MK are static and all the same shape. The targets at DL are light animated and different values.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

      Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
      Big Thunder is basically the same except a more elaborate queue at MK.

      .
      In fact, Big Thunder at WDW is a complete mirror of the DL one! They flipped the plans to fit MK's space! Compare some videos of the two, and they are shockingly similar!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

        MK's big-thunder has the "Trick Track" as well.

        MK's Pooh is much longer and MUCH better.

        The MK's Jungle Cruise has the temple scene that DL's does not.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

          Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

          The MK's Jungle Cruise has the temple scene that DL's does not.
          Hmm.. is that similar to the plans of the Jungle Cruise going through a part of Indiana Jones at DL, but they scrapped it?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

            Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
            Space is basically completely different between the two parks. They are both inside rollercoasters in the dark. That's about where the similarities stop. Queues are completely different, ride vehicles and track are different. DL is MUCH darker and the star effect much better. Really almost completely different rides.
            I thought that the stars seemed better, but I couldn't place it. I know that at MK in 2002 I was able to see a mirror ball, whereas I can see no such thing at DL.

            Snow White has an additional scene at the end.
            What is the addtional scene?

            Peter Pan at MK has a much better set where you fly over London.
            Yes, I remember the moving cars on the city streets (I miss those), but I have no memory of flying through the stars, which is weird. It's weird because I didn't really care for Peter Pan at MK, but when I went on it at DL, I really, really loved it. Bizarre!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

              Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
              In fact, Big Thunder at WDW is a complete mirror of the DL one! They flipped the plans to fit MK's space! Compare some videos of the two, and they are shockingly similar!
              I didn't remember all the intricate cave stuff (stalactites and whatnot) at MK, but I guess I just forgot about them!

              Also, for Pirates, I know there is more, but what all is unique to DL besides the additional drop and starting off in the bayou?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                Originally posted by DojoGrant View Post

                Also, for Pirates, I know there is more, but what all is unique to DL besides the additional drop and starting off in the bayou?
                WDW's POTC has very little of the Grotto scenes the waterfall is after the grotto scene and it drops you right into the battle between the fort and Wicked Wench. It is A LOT shorter.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                  Originally posted by HMF View Post
                  WDW's POTC has very little of the Grotto scenes the waterfall is after the grotto scene and it drops you right into the battle between the fort and Wicked Wench. It is A LOT shorter.
                  Are any of the skeleton scenes at MK?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                    Originally posted by DojoGrant View Post
                    Are any of the skeleton scenes at MK?
                    Dead Man's Cove and Hurricane Lagoon.' That's it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                      You can find ride-throughs of each ride on youtube for direct comparisons. For things like darkrides and the outside rides, that is the easiest way to see the large differences.

                      Very few of the rides are exact copies.. BTMRR is one of the few. The rest have minor differences, with rides like Space and POTC having the largest differences.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                        Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                        MK's big-thunder has the "Trick Track" as well.

                        MK's Pooh is much longer and MUCH better.

                        The MK's Jungle Cruise has the temple scene that DL's does not.
                        Yes but pooh killed THE TOAD!
                        Motor mania!
                        Motor Mania!:yea:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                          6. Peter Pan
                          Is the section where you fly through the stars at MK? I don't remember it at all!
                          There is no star field in thwe MK peter Pan. Soo your right. And i know what you mean about liking the diosneyland one but not havin much care bout thew MK one.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                            Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                            There is no star field in thwe MK peter Pan. Soo your right. And i know what you mean about liking the diosneyland one but not havin much care bout thew MK one.
                            So I'm not crazy after all!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Ride differences between DL and MK?

                              Originally posted by Spacoli View Post
                              Yes but pooh killed THE TOAD!
                              Motor mania!
                              I have to admit that even though I love Mr. Toad at DL, the MK version didn't seem nearly as good (It was changed to take place in the American midwest which makes no sense and wasn't nearly as funny as a result) so I don't count it as much of a loss at MK.
                              Mike_M

                              Disneyland Trips
                              1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                              1990, 1992, 1993
                              2006, 2007, 2009
                              2010, 2011, 2014

                              Walt Disney World
                              2000, 2001

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X