This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue

Ok Here is my idea about redoing Monsters Inc.
    I want to do a combo of trackless technology and flashlight tag.
    Ok Mike has found his new calling and opened a department in MI that makes movies that makes people laugh and scream and such, and he directs all of them! However when he and Sully are fliming their new comedy hit, which uses one of the old doors, they leave for lunch and when they come back they find that a child has escaped and while they know children are harmless the rest of the monster world does not believe them and they have to find the child before the CDA does. We will help mike and Sully run through the studio which includes numerous sets (all accesible to each other thats how the computer gets to randomly pick where you go) and use the flashlights to look for the child, and maybe blind CDA agents if they try to stop us. Of course Roz will be at the end cause she told me I have nice hair for a human.:yea:
    Your thoughts?

Re: Monsters Inc. Mike and Sully to the Rescue

They should just replace it with Monsters Inc. Hide and Go Seek. Maybe as part of phase 2?

Comment

Considering the amount of money that was
      invested to the former Superstar Limo attraction
      into the Monsters Inc. overlay, it seems highly
      improbable that the company would re-do the
      infrustructure and ride system.

At most, the only thing that could happen is
      to re-theme the outside of the queue to blend
      in with the 1930's Hollywood retheme that the
      entire land will go through once phase 1 proves
      to be a success.

Comment

it sounds intense. i like how you have the whole background story prepared for your version of the ride hahaha. sounds like a good idea EXCEPT my favorite part of the ride will be gone ):

Comment

I say leave it the way it is.... but enclose the entire queue and get rid of the facade MONSTROSITY
          Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

Originally posted by mandypandy View Post
            it sounds intense. i like how you have the whole background story prepared for your version of the ride hahaha. sounds like a good idea EXCEPT my favorite part of the ride will be gone ):
            haha Duh, why wouldn't I have a backstory!
            Sorry idk how to put that into the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
              They should just replace it with Monsters Inc. Hide and Go Seek. Maybe as part of phase 2?
              You could easily fit 2 or 3 Mike and Sully to the Rescue's in Hide and Go Seeks Show and Queue Building.

Comment

I think that it is too hidden from the rest of the park many people cant even find it
                Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Just gut it and put in something along the lines of The Great Movie Ride. You also have Hollywood and Dine and Millionaire....
                  ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                    I think that it is too hidden from the rest of the park many people cant even find it
                    Yep, they need to move/extend the entrance of the ride to the main street or add some obvious signs pointing towards the ride.
                    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

I wrote a similiar idea some months ago.

Using the end of the film as a springboard (putting on the show), Mike decides to open his own movie studio while Sully remains at Monsters Inc. We are invited to tour Wazowski Pictures and pass through the facade which is made to look like the gates to a movie studio. Inside the building we see props and costumes from various Wazowski films, we also have the TV monitors showing clips and hinting at some of the films they are filming today on the lot.

We board our tram and have Mike appear live on the screen to be our personal guide through the studio. The first few show scenes are classic/well known films but with a monster twist. Our tour is interupted when Sully shows up needing Mike's help. Boo is lost in the studio and the monsters aren't that comfortable with humans yet. So the rest of the ride is a madcap race through the studio where Mike is trying to keep the situation hush hush as Boo terrorizes the film studio.

The idea works for me because people obviously like Monsters Inc and seeing familiar faces in the park, but this new twist makes the ride actually somewhat fit in the park. Also, I tend to dislike dark rides that are a book report of the film and prefer rides which mold a new adventure out of the elements of the film (Roger Rabbit, Indiana Jones).
                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                        The Hide and Go Seek story would not work
                        for a 1930's Hollywood theme that the Backlot
                        is intended to become.

Originally posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
                        Just gut it and put in something along the lines of The Great Movie Ride. You also have Hollywood and Dine and Millionaire....
                        Again, the overlay cost too much of a vast amount
                        of money for the company to take it out. So it will not
                        happen.

As far as the Millionaire building and the Hollywood and
                        Dine food court, when and if the new attractions are
                        given the green light then the imagineers have to
                        work with or around the Monsters Inc. attraction
                        that is already there.

Comment

All I would say is change the facade.

Make it look like an old factory where taxi's get made.

Comment

They need to change the que area. It looks very sterile...very 6 Flags, not Disney. I like the ride the way it is right now, it just needs to be more advanced. They've been making the same kind of dark ride since they built the park. Lets see more special effects. Also the audio-animatronics could be a lot better. They need to try using some of that technology they show us at Innoventions.

Comment

They need to get rid of that hideous facade and queue while enhancing animatronics.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X