This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News NEW IPhone Disneyland Wait time App

A new IPhone and IPhone 3G app has now appeared on iTunes. It's called Wait Watchers Disneyland Edition. Seems to be really easy to use the only down fall is that use MUST be in the park in order to work. They also have one for Disney's California Adventure, as well of all of the Walt Disney World's Parks.

Check it out!

Walt's love of Trains!

Re: NEW IPhone Disneyland Wait time App

Problem this reminds me of Coaster Q Ill wait till Disneyland makes an official one
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

If I had an IPhone, I would totally go to town with that! That's awesome!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

How does it work?

Comment

Whoever has the app can view and update wait times

also, it's now free.
          -brent
          (the free iPhone app guy)

Comment

really. now i wish i had an iphone

Comment

Originally posted by Wait Watchers View Post
              Whoever has the app can view and update wait times
              what ensures it will be accurate?
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Alright, so I checked out Wait Watchers a while back and it was getting a lot of negative reviews so I eventually settled on the Disneyland Park Walkee app. The app also features a map of Disneyland where you can view information on rides, restaurants, shops, etc. The main feature is the same though, tracking ride wait times. They also just introduced wait times for California Adventure. Basically, it uses the GPS on the iPhone to determine whether you are actually in Disneyland or not. If you are, you can select set numbers to record as the wait time for a ride. You can also time your wait in line and record that. That's pretty much there is to it. Problem is, it is comepletely based on users recording honest wait times and relies on many people using it. If a lot of people aren't recording times they may not be current or accurate.

So far I've noticed the wait time function working most of the time. It really seems to depend on when you check. I've looked at 11:00 in the morning and only one or two rides will be updated. I've also looked at 4 in the afternoon and every single attraction is posted with what appears to be an accurate wait time and is very current.

I'm assuming that the Wait Watchers is about the same right now, considering it also relies on a large user base. I have high hopes for these apps, as when they work they are really neat.
                "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

I just tried to get it for my iPod Touch and after finding it and clicking it, the App Store says "no matches".

Comment

Here's a screen shot taken around 10:00 p.m. Every major ride was updated in Disneyland.

"I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

If only verizon had the iphone!

Comment

Originally posted by EMPM92 View Post
                        If only verizon had the iphone!
                        I second that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rajbonham View Post
                          Alright, so I checked out Wait Watchers a while back and it was getting a lot of negative reviews so I eventually settled on the Disneyland Park Walkee app. The app also features a map of Disneyland where you can view information on rides, restaurants, shops, etc. The main feature is the same though, tracking ride wait times. They also just introduced wait times for California Adventure. Basically, it uses the GPS on the iPhone to determine whether you are actually in Disneyland or not. If you are, you can select set numbers to record as the wait time for a ride. You can also time your wait in line and record that. That's pretty much there is to it. Problem is, it is completely based on users recording honest wait times and relies on many people using it. If a lot of people aren't recording times they may not be current or accurate.

So far I've noticed the wait time function working most of the time. It really seems to depend on when you check. I've looked at 11:00 in the morning and only one or two rides will be updated. I've also looked at 4 in the afternoon and every single attraction is posted with what appears to be an accurate wait time and is very current.

I'm assuming that the Wait Watchers is about the same right now, considering it also relies on a large user base. I have high hopes for these apps, as when they work they are really neat.
                          How accurate is the GPS? If the phone is smart enough to use GPS to tell if you are in the park then I would have recommended a specific record feature that can only be used when you are standing in the line... basically it starts/stops recording based on 2 pre-determined GPS locations. This would work for most traditional queues and could be modified if there is an extension... basically a manual override which would be posted alongside the time.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I have the Wait Watchers app for both Disneyland and California Adventure. I have tried using it, but updates to rides are very few and far in between. I have not yet seen maybe more than 7 rides updated at a time, and, the wait times listed are sometimes even up to 11 hours old. Now, this may be because the app is relatively new. Perhaps not many people have the app and thus there are not many people who can update wait times. I'll give it a while and wait to see if more people use the app for it to work effectively, or, I will just go for the Walkee app which appears to have much more people using it.

Comment

that sounds great. its too bad it won't work outside the parks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X