Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Review] Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

    Last night I went to Disneyland and I watched the Fantasmic Show for the VERY FIRST time. I have to be honest, I was expecting more. After hearing about the new "Dragon" and hearing about how great the entire show was, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. I had really good seats, however there was way too much fog, and the whole pictures from projector aren't very clear. I know, perhaps I was expecting too much, but I was really dissappointed. I know all the CM's put a lot of time and effort into it thats great, but I personally wouldn't sit through it again.

    Does anyone know if they're working on repairing the dragon?

    I have yet to see the firework show. I hear that isn't too great either! HOWEVER!!!! I love Disney's Fireworks, and I am looking forward to finally seeing Dumbo fly!!!! I am determine to go eventually, so Im hoping one of my friends is avail really soon!!! I have an AP so Im dying to go see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • #2
    Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

    Magical is not a bad show.

    Maybe you saw it on a bad night Fantasmic is really a good show ad will be even better when the Dragon is fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

      If you can't find anything on this site about repairing the dragon - you're not looking.
      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
      :monkey: :monkey:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

        If you don't like Fantasmic! the way it is now, a dragon is probably not going to do much for you.

        Some people like it, some people don't. I hope you enjoy the fireworks!
        Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

        ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

          Originally posted by WDW FAN 88 View Post
          Magical is not a bad show.

          Maybe you saw it on a bad night Fantasmic is really a good show ad will be even better when the Dragon is fixed.
          Perhaps I did, I don't know...

          I think I just expected more. I am assuming the dragon is going to make a bigger difference! My friend thought it was great, again I know they put a lot of hard work into it, but it just wasn't the greatest show of the summer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

            Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
            If you can't find anything on this site about repairing the dragon - you're not looking.
            I'm sorry, I don't read all the threads on Micechat before I make a visit to Disneyland.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

              Magical is an awesome CUTE show that is really nice it is different than remember
              Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

              "hope for the best plan for the worst"


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
                Magical is an awesome CUTE show that is really nice it is different than remember
                That's a good way of putting it. Even though it's not as grandiose as RDCT it's still a good show.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                  A few years back I toke a couple of my friends that had up until then never seen Fantasmic to Disneyland. We watched it right after Remember so not only were they unimpressed, the were comparing it to Remember which they liked much more.

                  I guess it just goes to show that people have different tastes as well as likes and dislikes. I do wish they could understand how AWESOME the show is but eh.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                    Fantasmic for me, whether it be at WDW or DL is first the soundtrack, second the visuals. I enjoy both shows for different reasons yet have no issues with either show.

                    My first time seeing DL's fantasmic was on the balcony where the Dream Suite is now. I loved watching it and taking part in the show, had a front seat in the seating order line up but completely regret not filming the experience with my camera. Still always a good Fantasmic memory for me.

                    My advice, check out Fantasmic again, with or without the new dragon. Find the moments that you like and look forward to them each and every time you see the show. I just can't imagine Fantasmic being that bad to simply avoid it. Hope you give it a 2nd chance and a 3rd one and possibly a 4th one and a 5th one on top of a 6th chance....

                    As for Magical, great show, LOVE LOVE completely simply just MAD for the soundtrack. The Dumbo part, watery eye moment!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                      Expectations always play a factor and it's too bad you went to see it when it wasn't even operating the way it was meant to be seen. I mean.. it's the DRAGON. it's the CLIMAX.

                      The mist screens never work THAT great but the show is meant to be enjoyed for the music and seeing the characters do their thing. I think it's a very entertaining 22 minute show.

                      hopefully you give it another go when the dragon is up and running.





                      But how much more would you like it? Maybe not a lot. I almost forgot that you also hated the hilarious comedy AIRPLANE!


                      Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                      Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                        You and Swabbie should get along just fine!!

                        Now, where's Swabbie? Anyone know?? Where he be?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                          It's interesting you disliked this show for the one thing it has going for it, which is its technical wizardry. Other than that I find this show to be extremely slow and boring, wishing I could hit the fast forward button just so I could see the Peter Pan scene and the dragon scene. And even those scenes are a thematic mess considering the show takes place on the Rivers of America.

                          On the other hand, you really should give Magical another chance. In my opinion, and I know I'm in the minority here, it is a much better show than Remember. The relative simplicity of Magical is a breath of fresh air, and this really doesn't matter because it is the overall setting with the castle in the foreground that makes any Disneyland fireworks show a spectacle to be seen. Also, Magical is much more approachable by many more people as it takes its themes from Disney films rather than Disneyland attractions. Remember, while a very good show, was too inclusive for my taste. If you were a first time visitor and didn't get to go on a certain attraction earlier in the day that was being portrayed in Remember, would it really make sense to that person? Also, the references to past Disney attractions were lost to anyone but old-timers or extreme Disney fans.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                            Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                            Perhaps I did, I don't know...

                            I think I just expected more. I am assuming the dragon is going to make a bigger difference! My friend thought it was great, again I know they put a lot of hard work into it, but it just wasn't the greatest show of the summer.
                            I've never cared for fantastic. I have never sat through the whole show either. I doubt a dragon and jet skid would make much of a difference. I must admit the last dragon was pretty bad. That was the point I walked away last time. It looked like a crane with hefty garbage bags over it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Two Thumbs Down-Fantasmic Show!

                              Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
                              Last night I went to Disneyland and I watched the Fantasmic Show for the VERY FIRST time. I have to be honest, I was expecting more. After hearing about the new "Dragon" and hearing about how great the entire show was, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. I had really good seats, however there was way too much fog, and the whole pictures from projector aren't very clear. I know, perhaps I was expecting too much, but I was really dissappointed. I know all the CM's put a lot of time and effort into it thats great, but I personally wouldn't sit through it again.

                              Does anyone know if they're working on repairing the dragon?

                              I have yet to see the firework show. I hear that isn't too great either! HOWEVER!!!! I love Disney's Fireworks, and I am looking forward to finally seeing Dumbo fly!!!! I am determine to go eventually, so Im hoping one of my friends is avail really soon!!! I have an AP so Im dying to go see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              The reason you were expecting more is because the music leaves you expecting more. About a year ago they decided to ruin the finale and take away about 70% of the pyro being shot off simply so you could see mickey a little clearer. I guarantee if you saw this show prior to the change you would have liked it better. Before Mickey felt extremely powerful and made me get goosebumps, now it feels empty.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X