Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mark VII Monorail Blue's new windows, now the CM's can close them if it rains

Kudos to the folks who came up with the new design. The new windows have a "slidable" panel, in which CM's (due to the need for a Allen Wrench) can close if needed.

Glad to see that both Orange and Blue will be able to run during the "hotter" times this summer, and that the new design is a very good step forward!

Of course, more photos of the window can be found here...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/8807141_ucXrY
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Mark VII Monorail Blue's new windows, now the CM's can close them if it rains

Yay! Window design 3.0 worked! I wish they would close the bottom though
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Re: Mark VII Monorail Blue's new windows, now the CM's can close them if it rains

Awesome! It was about time...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
      HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
      ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
      FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

So... after two years, the window design ended up coming around in a big circle.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
          So... after two years, the window design ended up coming around in a big circle.
          That seems to be the case, except that guests can no longer control the windows.

Comment

Looks good, glad we have a final window design established for them.
            Everybody's got a laughin' place-
            trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Cool now I can ride in the summer.
              As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

The windows still look flush, too, which is what they wanted. Good design. Now let's hope this fleet can run a good long time before the next phase or fleet.

Comment

Wait, so... The bottom part allows the window to be popped "out", opening the window a little bit, while the sliding part is operable, but only by the CMs?

So they're minimizing the ability of the guest to open the window (well, really equal usability to the last time I was there, pre-lastest monorails)...

I love that the windows are flush, though...

Comment

Ok - with the window question resolved will they bring monorail operations back to round trips for the summer or will everyone still be asked to exit at the hotel stop?

Comment

Originally posted by shadylanestudio View Post
                      Ok - with the window question resolved will they bring monorail operations back to round trips for the summer or will everyone still be asked to exit at the hotel stop?
                      All depends on how long the queue is. There are still some loading issues, and large crowds show up regardless of the weather....

So hopefully there will be a lesser need to limit the Monorail to one-way trips, since Blue will know have a slightly larger capacity (about 30 more folks per train).
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

I wonder what the concern is with letting guests operate the windows. If its pinched hands, etc.. just make the panel go UP instead of down.

It looks like the inside panel is the one that goes up here.. wonder how it seals at the joint between the two panes. You would think you would shelter the seam.. not expose it. If the outside window did the movement, the seam would be sheltered.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          All depends on how long the queue is. There are still some loading issues, and large crowds show up regardless of the weather....

So hopefully there will be a lesser need to limit the Monorail to one-way trips, since Blue will know have a slightly larger capacity (about 30 more folks per train).

I guess the good news is that it is no longer the day-to-day standard operating procedure.

Comment

I can't wait to see the new window design this August. More importantly I can't wait to FEEL the difference.
                            Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

Exciting! These monorails are beautiful and really put the WDW monorails (and the Mark V's) to shame. It will be very nice to eventually put all the glitches behind us and have a full fleet of monorails running at maximum capacity!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X