X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimmyTimmyTimmy
    Banned User
    • Dec 2008

Video World Of Color, something like this?

This is a watershow from Sentosa island. It is alot like Fantasmic in DL and DHS, and BraviSEAmo! from DisneySEA. Is it something like this that we can expect from the World Of Color show in a year over at DCA and perhaps at DisneySEA?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2frVUo5baU"]YouTube - Song of the Sea Musical Fountain Sentosa Island[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sivXmcs-xvc"]YouTube - Song Of The Sea (Singapore Sentosa)_ Part 4 Ending[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arsWwpnJEAA"]YouTube - ????????????????????[/ame]
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-08-2009, 03:15 AM.
  • KAN
    MC, this is LD
    • Mar 2008

Re: World Of Color, something like this?

Great finds! From what I've heard, WOC should look very similar to this.

--KAN

Comment

• EaglesFreak1
      MiceChatter
      • Jul 2009

I would say the second video is the World of Color, but the first video is more like the Fountains in Vegas.

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
        Banned User
        • Dec 2008

I think that the projections look superb.

Comment

• SaraNoH
          Waiting Since 1992
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by EaglesFreak1 View Post
          I would say the second video is the World of Color, but the first video is more like the Fountains in Vegas.
          I totally agree about the first one and if the second one is how WOC may turn out--wow. Very cool. I , too, love the projections.

Comment

• Ride Warrior
            Iron-Clad Allie
            • Feb 2005

Breathtaking! Brilliant! Hope that World of Color will be as high caliber and vibrant as this show. Thanks for sharing this!
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-08-2009, 10:53 AM.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

• aimster
              Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Ok that is really neat.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                Banned User
                • Dec 2008

Comment

• FI183
                  Banned User
                  • Jul 2005

I can tell you for sure that WoC will be WAY better than this. The images alone are much more brighter and crisper than any of those. And there are much more fountains. Not to mention what they'll project the images on is not just the conventional fan mist screens.

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                    MiceChatter
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                    Breathtaking! Brilliant! Hope that World of Color will be as high caliber and vibrant as this show. Thanks for sharing this!
                    WOC is going to blow those away. Not that the video's don't look cool, but nobody does stuff like this better than Disney.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                      Banned User
                      • Dec 2008

I am sure that Disney will do it better. But still... those projections looked very high def to me. It looked better than the projections in Fantasmic... atleast on video since I have not seen the updated version.

World Of Colors should not only be much better. It should change the way we look at fountains and watershow. If it does anything less than that it has failed.
                      Disney should always be much more than just alot better.

Comment

• Coast21
                        DCA FTW!
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
                        I can tell you for sure that WoC will be WAY better than this. The images alone are much more brighter and crisper than any of those. And there are much more fountains. Not to mention what they'll project the images on is not just the conventional fan mist screens.
                        Ditto on the method for water screens being used, glad they're using the pop streams instead. The fans tend to make for a muddy picture. (case in point fantasmic)
                        Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                        trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

• brenden
                          Banned User
                          • Jun 2007

Wow, those look pretty cool! I'm prepared to be blow away by WOC, I mean, just looking at all the stuff going into the bay gets me all excited.

Comment

• GlendaleMagic!
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Coast21 View Post
                            Ditto on the method for water screens being used, glad they're using the pop streams instead. The fans tend to make for a muddy picture. (case in point fantasmic)
                            Hi Coast21 OR ANY Fellow Member, do you guy have any info about the 'pop stream' jets (or whatever) you call it. I searched Google but could not find anything. I would love to know about this tech. TIA!

Comment

• mycroft16
                              I'm not really here
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by GlendaleMagic! View Post
                              Hi Coast21 OR ANY Fellow Member, do you guy have any info about the 'pop stream' jets (or whatever) you call it. I searched Google but could not find anything. I would love to know about this tech. TIA!
                              Pop jet fountain - Google Patent Search
                              Pop Jets - Pop jets provide an adjustable "sausage" vertical clear stream to a height of 2M. Pop jets can b

This type of fountain is a laminar flow jet. Laminar flow is simply where all the layers in the fluid (water) are flowing parallel to each other (often called streamline flow).

If we were talking light instead of water, a laminar flow device would be like a laser instead of a regular lightbulb (turbulent flow).

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Coast21
                                DCA FTW!
                                • Apr 2008

Sorry "Pop jets" isn't the exact technical term, but from what I've heard (which isn't a fact so far) they're projecting on to pressurized streams of water *which make a pop noise when launched* to create the screen instead of the fans which we've seen in Fantasmic. I think the latest concept art on the pier and in the blue sky cellar show the streams instead of the fans too.

I'm not 100% certain that the jets is the route their taking but the lack of peacock tails (fans) installations in the bay tells me otherwise.
                                Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                                trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
                                  Mountain Dew User
                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Coast21 View Post
                                  Sorry "Pop jets" isn't the exact technical term, but from what I've heard (which isn't a fact so far) they're projecting on to pressurized streams of water *which make a pop noise when launched* to create the screen instead of the fans which we've seen in Fantasmic. I think the latest concept art on the pier and in the blue sky cellar show the streams instead of the fans too.
                                  The fountains that operate under air pressure and make a pop noise could be one of the following:

NanoShooter, MicroShooter, MiniShooter, SuperShooter, or ExtremeShooter.

These are all products of WET Design inc. In the lagoon at DCA all I can see so far is just a ton of MicroShooters. However, under the white taprs in the circle, it looks like there could be 8 or 12 SuperShooters or ExtremeShooters.

So far, no moving jets or 'fan' jets have been installed, although they are in the concept art. However, a lot of stuff for World of Color has been cut, so we'll see.

Comment

• Aladdin
                                    Prince Ali
                                    • Jan 2005

blehhhhh. . . .

not terribly impressed with either video in the first post, and the soundtack was awful . . .

Fortunately Disney has some great music to choose from for the show.

I'm a fan of water fountain shows, and I liked the one Sea World used to have inside a building, eons ago. And I do like the idea of waterworks and fire appearing together. BUT, I'm beginning to have some reasonable concerns about this new water (and fire) show in DCA, With just some projections and an elaborate water fountain system, the idea of a water fountain show already seems pretty tame to me. Perhaps even boring??!?!? Of course I'm withholding judgement about the show (and even down playing it a little, in hopes of not being disappointed, and hopefully surprised by some unexpected features, that we have heard about.)

BUT while watching Fantasmic!, the most boring parts of the show are when only the water screens are appearing. Namely the pinnochio underwater scene, and even the Chernoabog scene, and prior to the additions, Ursuala's segment. Those were really big "yawners" for me.

Now, going over to DCA, they will have all those fountains, and projections, and even a little fire. BUT what is going to make this something I will want to a 2nd time, over Fantasmic??? What is going to be the big draw of this for people spending only one evening at the Disneyland resort?

I'm glad they are Finally attemping 2nd major show in the fake lake, which has been the biggest waste of space at the DL resort for it's first 8 years. But can this show really be any good, with out a Mark Twain, without any live characters, without a fire breathing dragon, without the Jungle Monkeys, without the princes and princesses floating by. . . . . without anything real popping from the water screens into reality, like the Columbia does.

I'm just wondering what Disney is going to do, to make this more than what's been done already. . . . . . like I said, I hope they have a few surprises to pull out of their ceeeement pond, And I do want it to be another great milestone for DLR, and not just another millstone tied around DCA's neck.
                                    Last edited by Aladdin; 07-09-2009, 10:41 PM.
                                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• FI183
                                      Banned User
                                      • Jul 2005

I can tell you, what they have planned will blow you away and no one will expect. Not going to ruin the surprise tho, but I can't wait to hear ppls reactions when it premiers. and they will use fans btw. They will use a combination of fans and popjets.

Comment

• FantasyWatersDude
                                        Mountain Dew User
                                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
                                        I can tell you, what they have planned will blow you away and no one will expect. Not going to ruin the surprise tho, but I can't wait to hear ppls reactions when it premiers. and they will use fans btw. They will use a combination of fans and popjets.

You do know when it's premiere is supposed to be right?

I'm sure word will spread out in advance of when it's really going to premiere... If they end up finishing in time like they hope to.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X