This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Celebration BBQ

I'll be at the park on Sunday for my Birthday... Is the Celebration BBQ worth it for a meal? I'm small but I can eat alot... is the service quick, does it take long for refills?
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Re: Celebration BBQ

^^^^^^^

We've enjoyed the BBQ twice so far and will go at least one more time before they shut it down when the Celebration promo is over with.

We enjoyed it. The show was entertaining. Our service was fine. They kept bringing plenty of food out for us, which of course, included refills. No reason to rush. Enjoy your meal.

Yeah, it's not the BEST BBQ out there, but for a THEME park, it is just fine.

Have a rootin', tootin' time! :thumbup:

Comment

^thanks I usually get my moneys worth at any buffet

Comment

It really depends on how much money you want to spend. The general consensus on the boards is that the BBQ is way overpriced for what it is. Also, keep track of the temperature. If it is hot outside, skip the BBQ as it is outdoor dining.

But if you've got the bucks burning a hole in your pocket and enjoy cheesy country & western music, this may just be the right venue for you. I understand that the show is entertaining.

Enjoy your trip!!!

-Dusty
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

One visit is worth it to try it out....more than one, not so much. Better dining options in the Resort Area for the money, IMHO.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I have eaten there 22 times since it opened April 2. I like the food a lot, and I really like the entertainment. To qualify that, I have played 5-string Banjo and guitar since high school, and they have some fabulous musicians performing. If the entertainment is not to your taste, you might find it expensive, but if you pay attention to the entertainers I think you'll get your money's worth.

Comment

For me, it wasn't worth it, but my husband and son loved it. I think my husband was the only one who got his money's worth.

We went a couple of weeks ago on a Monday at 5:50 pm (we called Disney Dining for reservations) & had a very short wait before being sat. It was a chilly evening, so our food tended to get cold, but the refills came quickly and our server was very nice.

It's probably worth it to try once, but I doubt I would go there again.
              <o>

Comment

well at least it sounds like I will get my fiil of food for the price

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                  The general consensus on the boards is that the BBQ is way overpriced for what it is. -Dusty

Well, that is also what this boards' general consensus is about the rates at the DLH, so no surprise there.

Not everyone wants to (or has to) spend their leisure time on the cheap...

Some folks want to enjoy their time at the Park and experience what it has to offer. They save up for their trip and set money aside for a special meal or two (or even three!).

If someone likes the idea of an outdoor BBQ with a little entertainment thrown in, they shouldn't be discouraged from enjoying it just because some folks take offense at the current offerings or the price (or are mad because the "old" menu isn't being offered as of yet).

That bias shined through like the grin on the Cheshire Cat in the other (much longer) Celebration BBQ thread.

I hope the OP enjoys his Birthday at the Park this Sunday! :yea:

Comment

I liked it enough to go a second time. Go when you are hungry. When you compare what you are getting for the price, with what you get for the price at one of the burger stands in the park, it's actually a good value. If you have the cabbage to burn, it's enjoyable. Service is solid. Refills are generously served with a smile. Save a little room for dessert. It's tasty.
                    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

So, what is the adult cost? Is there a senior rate? Thanks!

Comment

I didn't know it was all you can eat. We could have eaten there plenty of times already.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X