Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Old or New?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Old or New?

Tower of Terror seems themed mainly after the older episodes of the Twilight Zone, the ones in black and white with Rod Serling. If you could pick, which would you theme Tower of Terror after-the older episodes or the new ones?
    I myself like both of them, but I think the older episodes are more genuinely scary, plus I think Rod Serling is a better host, and the music's way bettter. The new episodes are still good, though, but I'm glad they use a Rod Serling video, and props and stuff from the older episodes.

Re: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror: Old or New?

Call me insane...the change in the theme music did it for me. I hated the new stuff.

Comment

If it's based in Hollywood 1939, you have to do the black and white TZ's. It's an easy choice.

Comment

They definitely themed it correctly for the era it is suppose to depict.

Comment

No doubt...old. The new "Twilight Zone" is an ok series, but it's not "The Twilight Zone". I don't even know that many people that have watched the newer one, but most people I know have seen at least one episode of the original. ...and like the earlier post...the original theme music cannot be beat!

Comment

There is a "Twilight Zone- Tower of Terror" movie. I'm guessing it's based off of that.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

After just watching a good deal of the new and old, during the 4th of July marathon, I'm definitely going to vote with the old black and white.
              I want my cake back!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
                There is a "Twilight Zone- Tower of Terror" movie. I'm guessing it's based off of that.

Actually I believe the movie is based off the ride. And to me, there is no other 'Twilight Zone' than the Rod Serling series. The newer ones don't even exist to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastian View Post
                  And to me, there is no other 'Twilight Zone' than the Rod Serling series. The newer ones don't even exist to me.
                  Amen, and amen, and AMEN. Otherwise, I wholeheartedly concur.
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by JFSebastian View Post
                    Actually I believe the movie is based off the ride. And to me, there is no other 'Twilight Zone' than the Rod Serling series. The newer ones don't even exist to me.
                    100% correct!

Similar to Sean Connery IS James Bond.

Comment

The new twilight zone sucks compared to the old twilight zone

I will be at DisneyWorld on April 29, 2011-May 4, 2011. If You Are Going The Same Time Message Me

Comment

The older episodes definitely.
                        My adventures in Wonderland began when I followed the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole. All of the sudden--I fell! Down... down... down...

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
                          Yes, there is, but the movie was actually based on the ride. The rooms are similar, but the props and actual ride are mainly based on the black and white original series.

Comment

Oh, and I agree, I definitely think the old series is better. I hate the music in the new one, and the episodes are okay if your really bored, but they just arent genuinely unique or scary.

Comment

Does it bug anyone else that the CGI-looking effects in "episode" you watch in the library are period-inappropriate for the original Twilight Zone? The exterior shots with lightening, the glow coming from the doors, etc. Since they did it black and white and cleverly used footage of the real Serling, to me it would feel a lot more authentic if they used period effects.

I only saw a couple episodes of the new series, and I don't really remember what they did with the music. However, I remember how the narration in "Twilight Zone: The Movie" was done in a "creepy" voice, and completely inferior to Rod Serling's chillingly cool narration from the original.
                              "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                              Disney sequel):
                              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                              Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X