This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] How fast do they go?

So, I don't know if this has been asked before (sorry, didn't bother to do a search) but here goes....

How fast (in MPH) do the trains of all the coasters in DL go? Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, and Matterhorn, etc. Just wanting some fun facts to tell the kids.

Re: How fast do they go?

Space Mountain: 30.2 MPH
    Big Thunder : 28 MPH
    Matterhorn: 18 MPH
    Gadget's Go Coaster: 22 MPH
    California Screamin': 55 MPH
    Radiator Spring Racers: thirty-something

Comment

I would wish that Space Mountain would go at least 50 mph. Now that's even better. But they would have to make the mountain wider, not taller. Also replace the whole the track for the speed.

http://belfrycomics.net/
      http://furaffinity.net/
      Save

Comment

I just found this out a few months ago myself but California Screamin' has 6072 feet of track, good enough for 8th most of any roller coaster in the world.

Comment

GREAT! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Of course, those are daytime speeds. Everyone knows they turn up the speed on the Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain at night!

Comment

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
              Of course, those are daytime speeds. Everyone knows they turn up the speed on the Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain at night!
              )
              Originally posted by LangenFox View Post
              I would wish that Space Mountain would go at least 50 mph. Now that's even better. But they would have to make the mountain wider, not taller. Also replace the whole the track for the speed.
              That doesn't sound expensive...

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                Space Mountain: 30.2 MPH
                Big Thunder : 28 MPH
                Matterhorn: 18 MPH
                Gadget's Go Coaster: 22 MPH
                California Screamin': 55 MPH
                Gotta include the .2 on space!!!

Funny how all these well besides Screamin, dont go very fast but are very popular and classics! Goes to show that Walt knew what he was doing all along
                "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                  There was a video in the BSC that said RSR is going to go about 11x faster than Autopia. And I'm pretty sure Autopia goes faster than 3 mph.
                  Last edited by dland_lover; 07-13-2009, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Doesn't Splash Mountain top out at 55mph at the bottom of the drop as well?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by scrappydawg View Post
                      My gf is convinced of this.

Comment

Dont they have "fans" inside of space to simulate you going something like 80mph? As well as in IJA its simulated something like 60mph? Maybe im wrong here

Comment

I know for a fact that there are no wind machines in IJA.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                            There was a video in the BSC that said RSR is going to go about 11x faster than Autopia. And I'm pretty sure Autopia goes faster than 3 mph.
                            Well, that seems about right, 30 is an average guess, since it travels at different speeds. It won't go nearly as fast as test track though, since there aren't any straight-aways and you've got to negotiate the steep bank turns around Willy's butte, etc.

Comment

How fast does test track and Journey go?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X