Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA Visa Meet and Greet still available?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DCA Visa Meet and Greet still available?

Hi everyone,

With the construction going on at DCA, is the Disney Visa Meet and Greet still going on?

A group of 7-9 of us are going and, if the line isn't very long, it'd be cool to get in just to get a few group pictures and the free 5x7 coupon to get one of them printed for the birthday boy.

I think there's a 6-person limit per card....but figure if I go near the end of it and there's no line and we're all going together and promise no more than 5 minutes of their time....maybe they'll be nice =)

Thanks!

Re: DCA Visa Meet and Greet still available?

Yes, last time I checked they were doing it for a short time in the morning over to the right of Monsters Inc by the taxi cab prop.

Comment

^^^^^

Yep, they were still doing it last month when we were there.

Comment

What is the Visa Meet and Greet?

Comment

^^^^^

It's just one of the many perks for those of us that have the Disney Visa card from Chase.

You can apply online for one if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
            ^^^^^

It's just one of the many perks for those of us that have the Disney Visa card from Chase.

You can apply online for one if you like.
            I have one...but what is the Visa Meet and Greet? what goes on there? edited to add...Oh, I see, it's a picture taking event, right?

And, what other "perks" are available with the Disney Visa card...other than earning points for Disney Vacations (we're not staying in a hotel; we'll be staying with my parents who live close by)?

Comment

Thanks everyone! Glad to see it is still going on.

Is it still set up to be a semi-private session? We're going to be a group of 24-year-olds and would be embarrassed to do more than just get one group picture. =)

Comment

Originally posted by ah6tyfour View Post
                We're going to be a group of 24-year-olds and would be embarrassed to do more than just get one group picture. =)

In a place where grown adults run around wearing Mickey ears, trust me, you'll have nothing to be embarrassed about! :lol:

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Comment

True true....it'll be awesome =)

My other idea was to make everyone buy Mickey Mouse ears and the big white gloves and stand centered along the ROA. I would then shuttle over to the island and snap a picture without zoom.

Then I would have a picture of all of the New Orleans area....and if you look REALLY close, you'll see a group of people lined up with ears and hands.....

The chance everyone would actually agree to this would be about 0.001% though =( But if it did, I'd have it printed to an 11x14 and frame it...hahaha

Comment

It's from 10:30am to 12:00pm. It is private, so they'll ask you to wait outside while the group in front you is getting their picture taken, and you'll likewise have a private meet and greet. The usual characters are Goofy for one shift, Pluto for another shift, and Chip and Dale for a 3rd shift. If you want one of those 3, best to ask the CM and they can probably tell you when a certain character is coming.

It's right over by Monsters, Inc. near the little stage where Drawn to the Magic takes place.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info, Sleepless Knight!

I didn't realize it was only one character per session. In the pictures I've seen of the Meet and Greet, it's always been at least two out of the five (Mickey & Goofy & Pluto....or Mickey & Donald & Goofy).

That's actually the main reason I wanted to do it since it makes for such a better picture when there are multiple characters in the picture.

Oh well...shouldn't be greedy...haha....still going to be awesome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X