Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I Saw John Lasseter and Ed Grier!

This past Wednesday, I was in DCA by Grizzly River Run, and as I was walking I saw a man wearing a Cars hawaiian shirt. I thought to myself, "Wow, only people like John Lasseter get to wear shirts like that-wait a minute!" I snapped my head back to look at the man in question, and it was indeed Mr. Lasseter, talking excitedly but seriously with Ed Grier. I didn't run up to say hi or anything, I just stood there in surprise.

Just thought I should share ^_^

Re: I Saw John Lasseter and Ed Grier!

Hopefully he was saying this to the invisible Mr. Grier:
    "Your first time out in the Park? Really? Oh, man, you are so fired!"

Very cool that you saw JL. You should have said "hi." He is quite approachable and an even bigger Disney geek than many of us.
    Last edited by BigThunder; 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

John Lasseter is an amazing creative force, I'm jealous you saw him! I wonder if many people recognize him walking around in the parks? I would think even a casual fan could spot him.

Comment

Man, you are so lucky!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
        HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
        ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
        FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

The few times I've seen him in the park I've noticed people just pointing him out to whomever they're with or they wave to him. Usually the latter of the two as he's typically with his wife and kids or with a individual or group obviously involved with the business at hand.
          "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Lucky! As someone who wants a career in film and is a fan of him, I wouldn't be able to resist saying hi!
            "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
            - Walt Disney on Disneyland

[IMG]http://micechat.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=http://img825.imageshack.us/i/capsalute.jpg/%20target=_blank%3E

Comment

Wonder what he was doing checking out Grizzly Peak Recreation Area?!!? Hmm. . .

Comment

You saw Ed Grier in the park? Wow! No one ever sees Ed in the parks. Did you snap a picture?

Comment

That was very cool you ran into him.

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Haha I herd a story about him from one of my coworkers. She was working screamcam and he and his son got off. They told her their number and she didn't hear it. So Lassater treated her like she was a child and said the number very slowly like he was talking to a forigner. Well as she was getting their order she asked them if they rode TSM(she had no idea who it was till later) and his son said "Yea we did, but this ride is WAY better!!" And the look JL gave his son was hilarious(according to my coworker).

Comment

Originally posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
                      Wonder what he was doing checking out Grizzly Peak Recreation Area?!!? Hmm. . .
                      Adventure is out there!

Comment

That's pretty cool. No pictures?

Comment

can someone please explain to me who Ed Grier is? ive heard stories about him, but have no idea who he is

Comment

Originally posted by jeaannguyen View Post
                            can someone please explain to me who Ed Grier is? ive heard stories about him, but have no idea who he is
                            President of the DLR

Comment

My memories of John involve him doing everything possible to converse with attraction CM's and avoid Disneyland managers/executives.

My memories of Ed involve rapid camera flashes and an exit Houdini would be proud of.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X