Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] frontierland and dca grizzly river run retheming hypothetical question

hypothetical question: if big thunder mountain railroad were removed from frontierland and grizzly river run were put in its place, would it(thunder mountain railroad) work with the theming of the area in which the grizzly river run currently stands?

also, if the attraction(btmrr) were considered for the chopping block so to speak, to keep it from going to yesterland, is there enough room in frontierland to like the Disneyland Railroad encircling Disneyland, have it(btmrr) encircle fronteirland?
    pro of this hypothesis: it would make the ride more exciting and thrilling
    con---the safety factor: the ride would have to be either enclosed in a plexiglas enclosure, or placed on a berm above frontierland proper(actually both to prevent the cars from derailing and or falling off track

what do you all think?

Re: frontierland and dca grizzly river run retheming hypothetical question

????
    Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

I only have a comment for your first question; yeah, I suppose it'd fit in theme wise.
      "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
      - Walt Disney on Disneyland

[IMG]http://micechat.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=http://img825.imageshack.us/i/capsalute.jpg/%20target=_blank%3E

Comment

Sure it would fit theme wise.

Comment

I have no idea what u just posted, it's confusing!

Comment

I admit the post is confusing>

what I meant was: if thunder mountain railroad were taken out of frontierland and moved over to dca where grizzly river run is now and grizzly river run moved to frontierland would it work?

talking into consideration Walt said that Disneyland would never be complete that as long as imagination still exists that it(disneyland) is something that can grow and change, adding new and exciting things and removing things that dont work or if possible change them to become attractions that can attract guests to experience them again.

I just thought that perhaps a little reimagineering of both parks on top of the plans already in progress would draw more attention to the resort and entice more guests to come and visit the resort.
            Last edited by disneyfan07; 07-13-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

true

false

maybe

all of the above

Comment

I think there is something missing from this post

Comment

I wouldn't want BTMRR in DCA. The rocks are too red, to desert-ish. But GRR would work well in Frontierland.

Comment

Ummm i think GRR would work but I feel it would be to close to Splash and since its bears i fell that it would make Frontierland become more of a Critter country. Would it work??? Only if you had a wild west theme. However BTMRR would not work in my case at DCA because it IMHO has no real relevance to California that point of the park.
                    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
                      Ummm i think GRR would work but I feel it would be to close to Splash and since its bears i fell that it would make Frontierland become more of a Critter country. Would it work??? Only if you had a wild west theme. However BTMRR would not work in my case at DCA because it IMHO has no real relevance to California that point of the park.

good point. my idea is a good one, but its missing something.

Comment

I would actually say that GRR would need to be modified to work in Frontierland, and BTM would need to be modified to work in DCA. The main difference is mining in the desert vs logging in the forrest. It could be done... but both would need to be modified. Additionally GRR would need to ditch the modern references on the rafts.
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

if the switch was made there would be too many water thrill rides near each other...

if anything I would like to see BTMRR redone so that another attraction could interweave thru it and maybe reuse the tunnles along ROA.
                          Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Alpoe001 View Post

if anything I would like to see BTMRR redone so that another attraction could interweave thru it and maybe reuse the tunnels along ROA.

this idea? I likie!!!!!!!!!!! not only that, but reopen the mine train ride

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X