Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about old Indiana Jones Concept Art?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question about old Indiana Jones Concept Art?

Hey guys I was just reading the new interview on the Disney & more blog and when they started discussing this concept art piece: http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/z...g?t=1247442900

They said it shows 5 attractions in one building. However I only see 4:

-Main Indy Ride (jeeps)
    -Indy minecart coaster
    -Disneyland Railroad
    -Jungle Cruise

Where is the 5th. attraction?? I remember along time ago reading about a maze walkthrough that was going to be in the attraction (ended up becoming the queue) but I don't see it in this artwork.

Re: Question about old Indiana Jones Concept Art?

I can't see the 5th either. And I love that art by Bryan Jowers. I have that print at home somewhere.. I need to frame it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Hmm. I've never heard about a 5th before. I just always assumed there were only the 4 shown in the art. If there is a 5th in there, it is well hidden.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

A walkthrough section perhaps?

I see walkable trail in there and obviously people working...

Comment

Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
          A walkthrough section perhaps?

I see walkable trail in there and obviously people working...
          Thats the only other thing I can think of. But then why depict guests as slave workers? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
            Thats the only other thing I can think of. But then why depict guests as slave workers? lol

CMs?
            Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

It's hard to tell at first but there are two people in this gondola lift.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post

It's hard to tell at first but there are two people in this gondola lift.
                hmm im pretty sure thats just a prop. Good eye though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                  hmm im pretty sure thats just a prop. Good eye though.
                  Given that the whole theme in the concept sketch looks skewed in respect to the realism of the attractions (i.e. the train passing over a rickety bridge, Indy Jeeps driving through lava, jungle cruise on some perilous rapids) this skyway-ish looking ride seems to parallel this imaginative view of the concept art, hence why this could very well be the 5th attraction. Other than that I can't find any other hint of another attraction in there. The paths that are referred to also seem to be for the free roaming Jeeps depicted in the artwork.

Comment

An Indy mine cart ride would be so fun. Ever since I saw Temple of Doom I said that'd make a great ride.
                    "It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement - I knew when I was kid."
                    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

[IMG]http://micechat.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=http://img825.imageshack.us/i/capsalute.jpg/%20target=_blank%3E

Comment

That's interesting. This concept-to-reality instance reminds me of how Discovery Mountain ended up.

Comment

Wow, that gondola is really hard to see! Good eyes!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I'm actually glad that they didnt do the "Indy Complex" concept... with so many things interweaving if either of the Indy attractions broke down then all the attractions would have to go down.
                          Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

Comment

I've always enjoyed this piece of art. Could you imagine the chaos that you would be experiencing for a few seconds while riding through on either the train or JC?

It's calm and fairly quiet while on the JC, you enter the temple ruins, things get dark and BAM! People are screaming, jeeps are flying through madness, mine carts are flying past! Then back outside and it's quite and pretty again.???? What that hell just happened to me?

I was always curious how you could follow a story Beginning, Middle, and End while riding in your jeep, GET OFF, and get on a mine cart and play the same story (from a different perspective) Beginning, Middle, and End that is some difficult story telling to accomplish.
                            DJ JARVICIOUS
                            Salt Lake City, UT
                            Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                            www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                            www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                            Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

Good lord, man! I've never seen that artwork before....you can officially consider my mind blown.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X