• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdvFroGuy
    New MiceChatter
    • Jan 2009

Re: Halloween Fireworks perception

Remember has Tink, Magical has Dumbo, and Halloween will have Zero, trust me!

Comment

• SnorkletsMom
      I see mouse people
      • Mar 2008

Maybe they can resurrect the zombie Murphy dragon by then.

Comment

• techskip
        I Break Things
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by AdvFroGuy View Post
        Remember has Tink, Magical has Dumbo, and Halloween will have Zero, trust me!
        I realize they will likely do it... but in order to "see" him he will have to be pretty big. The increased size will likely look "off" to say the least.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• KAN
          MC, this is LD
          • Mar 2008

I think that would be cool if the tech dept. got some new fixtures for the castle, like projectors to show moving video, or even the best of both worlds, a projector on a moving head, such as Robe Lighting's DigitalSpot 7000 DT. These fixtures could project video such as the dancing skeletons animated cartoon. The addition of these fixtures could also change/add/replace some of the gobos currently being thrown onto the castle for RDCT, when it returns. IIRC, currently DL is using 4 (or is it 6) (Martin) Mac 2000 Performances. You can have custom gobos made for these (or most other moving head fixtures), but they can not move. Yes, if you are nerdy enough (like me) to look up the specs for that light, you will see it has an animation wheel, but that only is for making fire, clouds, and water appear as if it moving. It is simple repetitive movements. Nothing like making the bones of skeletons move.

--KAN

Comment

• Dlandclub33
            MiceChatter
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by techskip View Post
            I realize they will likely do it... but in order to "see" him he will have to be pretty big. The increased size will likely look "off" to say the least.
            I think they can pull it off. If they can pull off a human size fairy flyin thru the sky they can pull off zero. My guess is if there going to make zero he won't be any bigger then dumbo. I wouldn't think they'd have a giant zero if there gona have it

Comment

• DisneyLD
              Let there be light!
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Goover View Post
              I think it will be a completely new show with no reused segments from previous firework displays.

Jack Skellington narrating sounds amazing.
              I highly doubt it will be completely new.

I'm positive they will reuse the Isopar flames from Indy in Remember.

And I'm 100% positive they will reuse the ghost gobos/projections used during the HM scene in Remember.

Originally posted by KAN View Post
              I think that would be cool if the tech dept. got some new fixtures for the castle, like projectors to show moving video, or even the best of both worlds, a projector on a moving head, such as Robe Lighting's DigitalSpot 7000 DT. These fixtures could project video such as the dancing skeletons animated cartoon. The addition of these fixtures could also change/add/replace some of the gobos currently being thrown onto the castle for RDCT, when it returns. IIRC, currently DL is using 4 (or is it 6) (Martin) Mac 2000 Performances. You can have custom gobos made for these (or most other moving head fixtures), but they can not move. Yes, if you are nerdy enough (like me) to look up the specs for that light, you will see it has an animation wheel, but that only is for making fire, clouds, and water appear as if it moving. It is simple repetitive movements. Nothing like making the bones of skeletons move.

--KAN
              I believe they replaced the 4 Mac 2000's with Vari-Lite 3000's now. They did this because of the wide zoom degrees Vari-Lites have. But! The moving lights that project gobos on the Matterhorn are still Mac 2000's.

Anywhom, Digital lighting, like Robes DigitalSpot 7000 or High End Systems DL3 (Digital Lighting - Products - High End Systems) would be great for the castle, but these lights/projectors are larger than normal moving lights and wouldn't fit in the Temptest Tornado 2300 weather-proof enclosures already installed by the castle. They would have to upgrade to 2400 enclosures, which aren't cheap. These Digital Lights themselves aren't cheap either, they run about 25-40 thousand each.

For those of you that have no idea what KAN and I are blabbing about, these lights are used in Space Mountain to project the moving comets and those Dancing Space Stages during Rockin' Space. It's basically a normal LCD project that's able to pan and tilt instead of just being stationary.

As for a flying Zero, that'd be awesome! But like Techskip said, it'd have to be huge even with the use of the UV Spotlights. Think Dumbo for example, the puppet looks only 3 feet tall from a guests perspective down by the hub, but in reality the puppet is around 10-12 feet tall. For a character smaller than Dumbo, Zero, the perspective would be off. If they build a small puppet/animatronic, it would be too small to view. If they make it large like Dumbo, it would be too big and out of proportion for the actual size of the character.

Comment

• DisneyPro
                Addicted to MC since '08
                • Apr 2008

At the D23 event "Disneyland U.S.A.", the guy (I think he was in charge of the fireworks or something) gave us a bunch of facts about the firework shows they do at Disneyland and then answered a few questions. Hallowishes came up and he told us it would be pretty much the same as the Florida soundtrack just with different effects.

Comment

• grvtydefy
                  Minion
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DisneyLD View Post
                  As for a flying Zero, that'd be awesome! But like Techskip said, it'd have to be huge even with the use of the UV Spotlights. Think Dumbo for example, the puppet looks only 3 feet tall from a guests perspective down by the hub, but in reality the puppet is around 10-12 feet tall. For a character smaller than Dumbo, Zero, the perspective would be off. If they build a small puppet/animatronic, it would be too small to view. If they make it large like Dumbo, it would be too big and out of proportion for the actual size of the character.
                  Tinkerbell is definitely supposed to be inches tall, but nobody ever complains about her. I think they'd be able to make it work if they wanted to.

Comment

• AlohaStitch
                    "Always On The Move..."
                    • Jun 2005

Just waiting to see the show.
                    Originally posted by migo
                    I poop with joy!
                    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

• Goover
                      I eat TR's for breakfast!
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by DisneyLD View Post
                      I highly doubt it will be completely new.

I'm positive they will reuse the Isopar flames from Indy in Remember.

And I'm 100% positive they will reuse the ghost gobos/projections used during the HM scene in Remember.

What I meant was that I don't think they will copy a specific segment of piro from past fireworks shows (a segment being a few minutes of replicated show from the past).

For instance, I don't think they will just toss HM from RDCT into this show. It's a possibility but Disney likes to emphasize fresh, new things.

Of course i think the fire and projections will be used. It wouldn't be a Halloween show without them .

Comment

• flynnibus
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jun 2006

No one will care if certain shells or segments are 'reused' - just like no one cared about that in the 4th show.. the issue there was the lying about which show was being shown and getting a 'cheaped out' version when they were promised the full show.

Now if the show is weak and is just a mashup of previous efforts, then yeah, people may be disappointed - because the show is weak, not because of where the elements came from. If the show is good, people will not care.

Getting something different in the program seems to make DL locals happy - so as long as the show isn't a turd, I'm sure it will be a success.
                        Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                        Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                        Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

• techskip
                          I Break Things
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                          No one will care if certain shells or segments are 'reused' - just like no one cared about that in the 4th show.. the issue there was the lying about which show was being shown and getting a 'cheaped out' version when they were promised the full show.
                          false advertising was specifically my complaint... but there were numerous complaints on here about "old Remember shells". Oddly no one was able to specifically define what constitutes an "old Remember shells".
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

• flynnibus
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            false advertising was specifically my complaint... but there were numerous complaints on here about "old Remember shells". Oddly no one was able to specifically define what constitutes an "old Remember shells".
                            That was a groupthink issue. Feed by Al's comments about how they cheaped out on the show. The defenders picked that point to talk about and they talked about it more then people who actually complained. In short - it was more noise then actual issue.
                            Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                            Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                            Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X