Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

New user registrations are verified at least once per day. Thank you for your patience.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Is the Silly Symphony Swings a Downgrade from The Orange Stinger?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is the Silly Symphony Swings a Downgrade from The Orange Stinger?

I was reading the recent Yesterland article featuring the Orange Stinger. And I realized, by removing the orange enclosing, and the bee theme, you are basically stripping away what was actually UNIQUE about it and what made it different from all the other versions. Now it will be just another swing ride with prefabbed Disney themed panels. I for one think this is a downgrade from the orange stinger, the ride should just be removed. What do you think?

Re: Is the Silly Symphony Swings a Downgrade from The Orange Stinger?

Hmm, I was thinking about that as I read too. I really haven't decided yet, but think I may have to agree on just removing the ride. I think they are removing the theme that is left from the ride. I think what little theme there was did fit in and made the ride unique from the one I can find at my local fairgrounds. On the other hand though, the new ride will provide some better views of park and it will have a bit of "Disney" theme to it, even if it is minimal. I guess they are attempting to make the best of what they have. The ideal option would have been to seriously rethink even building the ride beforehand.
    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

well perhaps not. The removal of the peel will make the ride a little better because then you would be flying over the lagoon. Thats pretty sweet if you ask me. Also, the concept art implies that it will have the same style as GSS and the little mermaid building.

Comment

Tacky plastic swing set...

victorian styled.. detailed swings...

Ill take door number 2 bob!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Not at all. I would prefer seeing Paradise pier than the inside of an orange when I'm on it. I expect threads like this to pop up upon it's (re-)opening, just like the (Mickey's) (S/F)un Wheel.
          Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
          I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post

victorian styled.. detailed swings...
            Almost every swing ride is Victorian, even the one at Knott's has a Victorian swing.

Comment

Whenever I think about this ride, I think: What are bees doing in an orange? I mean, I guess bees might be attracted to an orange because it's sweet. But would they fly around inside it?

On the other hand, there was a cyclone that picked up the orchestra in The Band Concert - so if done right, it could work. The cartoon and the idea of band concerts in the park do seem to fit with the era Paradise Pier will represent

However, I still have the same problem with it that I have with all Paradise Pier attractions - it will always be a ride themed to an amusement park ride ride themed to The Band Concert, not simply a ride themed to The Band Concert. (Except California Screamin', which is more straightforward by simply being themed to a rwooden coaster instead of a cartoon or film).
              Last edited by animagusurreal; 07-15-2009, 12:27 AM.
              "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
              Disney sequel):
              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
              Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
              Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
              Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

No, I have been waiting forever for that ugly orange to be gone. The view alone is worth it. Also being able to see the lagoon and the whole pier make this a win -win
                FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

It is definitely not a downgrade in my opinion. It needs to be removed and instead of replacing it with another ride that doesn't look very family friendly they should replace it with a dark ride or a tame, but fun ride like Indiana Jones or Space Mountain. I'm am defintely not saying they should put those rides in DCA, but I'm saying that they need more family friendly rides like those
                  sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                  Disney is my life <3
                  Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                  Future Imagineer <3
                  Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Downgrade it is not. The orange was ugly, tacky, and just didn't belong. If it were up to me, then yes, I'd rather that ride be gone.

But if I had to choose between Orange or Silly Symphony, then SILLY SYMPHONY aallllll the way.

Animag said it right. What are bees doing in an orange peel? And when I'm on a swing ride, I want to be out in the open. I want to see the environment around me, not this steel framework of an Orange (it didn't look like an orange from the inside).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

My first instinct was that it's a downgrade, going from an (oddly) themed ride to a more generic one.

However, I agree with the points made that this will be more fun out in the open.

I'm not thrilled with this kind of off-the-shelf ride in a Disney park at all, but you have to have a few of those to create the classic pier motif I suppose. I like it better knowing there's a good ride (Toy Story) nearby, and I can think of it more as atmosphere than an actual attraction.
                      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

The orange scent has been gone for years, the seats were changed to plain seating, and that orange peel blocked the view. Now you will soar out toward the bay instead of a blank wall. It is an off the shelf model but with proper theming it will be an improvement. People watch carousels and do not ride because they are nice to look at. The improvement will give better look to the ride and make it more fun in theory as you aint ever getting me on that bleeping ride again.

Comment

I always felt the giant Orange was just a bit awkward. Had they planned ahead and maybe put it more by Bug's Land, it would've actually fit the theme really well. But by a pier? Umm...

Comment

The retheming puts Disney magic into the area, which has been lacking since the park opened. It's a definite UPgrade.

Comment

It is an update (especially since the Bee Seats are gone) It also fits the NEW theme that side of the park is taking.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X