This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] World of Color Music?

So since all of these new videos were released and a presentation for World of Color was made to the media what do you guys think of the new Theme Song that was redone for the show? I Did hear Mark Hammond (who is a producer for Disney) mixed the new song and heard they they will use the opening track from the original 1960's TV show ,then will blend it to the newer contemporary pop version that was recorded recently. I made a slide show with concept art and the new song playing in the backround. Take a look and share your thoughts?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjGDqRRv3PU]YouTube - Disney's World of Color Theme Song[/ame]

Re: World of Color Music?

Something that should be kept in mind is that this song wont be in the show. I am almost positive this song is the exit music for the show.

Comment

I think the song could open and close the show, but the majority of the music I think would be directly tied to the scenes that are shown.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm almost 90% positive that's not going to be in the actual show. Exit music seems much more appropriate. It sounds like a complete song from beginning to end, no transitions that would make you think it's an integral part of the actual score.

Now, if you REALLY want to talk about actual music used during the show, go to about 3:50 in the video below:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyLqLms0YcY"]YouTube - Disney's World of Color Preview - Steven Davison - Part 3[/ame]

Now that is what I call show-worthy music.
        "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

^ An excellent presentation, as always. I couldn't be more excited for this show.

Comment

I really like the poppy version of World of Color... it's got a very DisneyMania (in a good way) feel to it... and it'll probably make a great exit song.

Comment

^I agree. It's an excellent exit song, but I still don't want to see it in the show. I think Disney knows better than that.

And as for the presentation... WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                ^I agree. It's an excellent exit song, but I still don't want to see it in the show. I think Disney knows better than that.

And as for the presentation... WOW.
                Yeah, I definitely think they know better... I think that using the pop version would be rather jarring in the middle of all of the traditional Disney music.

But I have faith in Steve and John.

Comment

If I heard this song at the opening of the show, I would walk away. I really hope it's just exit music.

Comment

Makes me think of the first years of DCA. In short, bad. I really hope that this version isn't in any part of the show, not even as exit music.

To quote Matt Lucas: "I don't like it."
                    Last edited by simmer; 07-18-2009, 08:24 PM.
                    Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
                    I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                      Now, if you REALLY want to talk about actual music used during the show, go to about 3:50 in the video below:

Now that is what I call show-worthy music.
                      I had not watched this part of the presentation ... I've seen all of the first part. Alan Menken's "Colors of the Wind" music is one of my favorite pieces from any of the Disney animated films. Just thinking of the great visuals to that music really makes me even more excited about this show.
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't mind the music, but, like a lot of you have already stated, it should be the exit music ONLY.

It has that kind of vibe to it.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
                        FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
                        Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

Comment

It's been stated a million times that they are using the ORIGINAL recording of that song as the opening, it's even in Steven's presentation! Not only that, the song you guys herd is a demo and not the final product!

Comment

where can i see the outlay of the water show?

Comment

Originally posted by EMPM92 View Post
                              where can i see the outlay of the water show?
                              The video above is one of 3 that outline the entire show, presented by one of the show's designers.
                              I want to be an Imagineer....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X