Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Anyone else hate Autopia?!

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone else hate Autopia?!

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
    If Autopia had a miley cyrus/jonas brothers radio, I'd have to ditch the car in the back nine and run for my life.
    Agreed. But just thinking for the little kids.
    I'm more of an All-american reject/Paramore person.
    But come on, Would disney put paramore on their radios?
    ):lol::blush::bow::yea::sleep::thumbup::captain::clap::geek::im theone::meet::ap::squeeze::smart::angel:dMom

Oh how I love smiles!

Comment

Id rather just listen to the kid infront of me traveling 1 mph grind the rail. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

But Autopia is the one ride in Tomorrowland that takes you to a place you've never been before. In fact, the older, lesser themed version did it even better. As you meandered through that area of the park it felt as though you were a world away from everyone else.
        I thought it was a run like around a big backyard .. of any home in OC. Low bush, some Eucalyptus trees, some other typical trees.

As far as "popular" is concerned .. which is often used in this topic. What about the Midget Autopia and the Jr. Autopia? Or what about the Fantasyland Autopia which always had a line ... till going into it's last years was closed half the time, or more.

There is a thing called Progress. And since when should Disneyland hold on to something that is percieved as "popular" .. when it starts to become yesterday's news?
        MY SIGNATURE:
        Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by SolCross View Post
          I was about to reply with this exact statement, what a coincidence.
          And yet you cannot point out where it would apply.

Yes, you've made your bias against the attraction quite clear. Abundantly clear, in fact.
          It's not bias, it's facts, in fact.
          Your job must be linked to Autopia as you cannot see alternative points of view.

You're joking, right? :lol: On a 60k average day, Autopia can get over 20k on their attendance. A lot of attractions can only dream of reaching that number.
          I doubt it can get 20,000 guests on a 60k day. It loads so painfully slow it just cannot accommodate that many guests.

Why on earth would they be giving Autopia new hybrid cars if it's "supposedly" one foot out the door? Sure, it's not a complete makeover, but it's all we're getting for the time being. Your cynicism is clouding your baseless judgment.
          That's a rumor, not a fact.

Because MiceChat = everyone's opinion, right? Oh wait, no, there's still 20,000 people riding the attraction each day.
          MC is a sample of DL fan opinion and demonstrates there is a good number of people who do not like Autopia in its current form.

First of all, ball pits are highly unsanitary and can be worse for your health than Autopia ever could be. I can pretty much guarantee if you polled the public asking if they would rather have a ball pit or Autopia, they would overwhelmingly choose Autopia.
          There you go again with your straw men. The acorn pit was ONE example of where a couple of CMs could be pulled from Autopia and put to use in other ways throughout the park. 20+ CM positions could be put to much better use if Autopia were closed down. They'd be put to better use at the French Market to speed up that interminably slow line. They could be characters walking around the park. They could be added to security to beef up safety. They could be almost anything in DL that would be better than working on such a poor attraction.

Back to your point, if you put those CMs somewhere else, you're eliminating someone else's job or cutting back someone's hours, which is death in these trying times.
          You don't get it. There are many areas of the park that are under-staffed and even unutilized and they need the CMs that Autopia gloms onto.

You can't just slap CMs wherever you want, which is a ridiculous suggestion anyway, seeing as how all Attractions CMs are land-locked.
          Are you serious? Change the costume and they can change lands. They're people, not planters. You must have something personal at stake with Autopia to "defend" it so vociferously and dishonestly.

Comment

Im going to agree with vfire (for the first time!)
            Wow, I've become Mr. Liver...

Comment

Originally posted by vfire View Post
              It's not bias, it's facts, in fact.
              Your job must be linked to Autopia as you cannot see alternative points of view.
              I am not in love with Autopia by any means, I think it's dated and irrelevant to the theme of Tomorrowland, but what you're trying to suggest is what has me irritated.

I doubt it can get 20,000 guests on a 60k day. It loads so painfully slow it just cannot accommodate that many guests.
              You can doubt it all you want, that doesn't make it any less true. Autopia packs in an average of over a thousand people an hour.

That's a rumor, not a fact.
              Unless you can give me a citation that they're going to get rid of Autopia, it's simply not a fact at all. And if it were true, I'm sure the Tomorrowland managers would love to hear it, that way they can stop sending new hires to the attraction for no reason. And before you even start about Autopia getting more people, I should tell you that almost every department is training new hires at the moment.

MC is a sample of DL fan opinion and demonstrates there is a good number of people who do not like Autopia in its current form.
              MC is a very small sample of the visiting public. According to the stats at the bottom of the page, MC has 30k registered users, which is barely half of one day's attendance. I would also like to add that a lot of these people don't hate the attraction, they just think that it should be improved.

There you go again with your straw men. The acorn pit was ONE example of where a couple of CMs could be pulled from Autopia and put to use in other ways throughout the park. 20+ CM positions could be put to much better use if Autopia were closed down. They'd be put to better use at the French Market to speed up that interminably slow line. They could be characters walking around the park. They could be added to security to beef up safety. They could be almost anything in DL that would be better than working on such a poor attraction.
              Um, you can't just throw more CMs somewhere and expect lines to go away. :croll: That's not how it works at all. And a lot of your examples require auditions and/or prior experience. We already have enough character performers anyway.

And I keep mentioning this, but you clearly could care less, but if Autopia were ever to shut down (which it definitely will not anytime soon, I can tell you that much for sure), that's a lot of jobs and hours lost.

You don't get it. There are many areas of the park that are under-staffed and even unutilized and they need the CMs that Autopia gloms onto.
              You can say that sentence with almost any attraction, really. If you're willing to give me some examples of some of these so-called areas that are so apparently desperate for more people, I'd love to hear it so I can take what you're saying more seriously.

Are you serious? Change the costume and they can change lands. They're people, not planters. You must have something personal at stake with Autopia to "defend" it so vociferously and dishonestly.
              You clearly don't understand how the Attractions department works. It's land-locked to keep everything in order, and it also makes scheduling easier because you have a set group of people to work each land. The only time you will ever, ever work in another land is if you're working parades or Fantasmic.

Comment

But if they tear out Autopia, its just a one time reasignment of cast members to diffrent rides and attractions, not some sort of shared schedule. They can go get "landlocked" in another land.

Comment

But if they tear out Autopia, its just a one time reasignment of cast members to diffrent rides and attractions, not some sort of shared schedule. They can go get "landlocked" in another land.
                  No, because a lot of the CMs know a second attraction in Tomorrowland, and then all of the sudden the handful of attractions in TL are then flooded with additional CMs, cutting everyone's hours. And for those that don't have a second ride, you can't be forced into another "land". All they'll do is train you at another attraction or make you work parades until you learn another attraction.

Comment

If Autopia goes, it will be replaced, meaning your extra staff can go there. I don't get the arguing though. Disney has closed rides before and the staff have been delt with. No one said it was going to be an all around good thing but many of us think it needs to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by vfire View Post

:bang:

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
                        :bang:
                        Can you elaborate why that is frustrating?

Comment

It's not really that that's getting me, it's the insinuation that the CMs are wasting time on a useless attraction. And of course Autopia will get another upgrade eventually, but it's not going to happen overnight, and the incoming flow into the department won't be as much at all.

There was a period of time last year where it was going to go down for a new paint job, and they stopped bringing in new hires so they could cross-train the current staff. Obviously they never ended up going down, but still.

It's the same thing that's happening with Star Tours right now, since it's going down next year. Though Star Tours has significantly less CMs needed on a daily average, so it's not going to be on the same scale.

Comment

Can you elaborate why that is frustrating?
                            Please imagine the following in all caps....it gets my point across better

SolCross obviously knows what he's talking about, and what he's saying is being passed off like he's some little fan that just likes the ride and doesn't want to see it go.

Autopia really doesn't load that slow! Like I said earlier, I've watched it load for long periods of time (outside of the queue) and it goes quickly. It doesn't have a long wait because of the loading, it has a long wait because it's popular!

Obviously, vfire, you don't get it. Putting all of the cast members that work Autopia on "understaffed" rides WILL take away hours from everyone working those rides.

You are landlocked in Attractions. If you work in Fantasyland you work in Fantasyland. You don't work classics one day, then go over to Space Mountain the next.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Both sides of this argument are getting the same treatment from the other. vFire doesnt like Autopia and thinks it should be removed and that the staff would then be reassigned throughout the park. Judging from what many people on here have said in the Autopia posts, it's in dire need of refurb/replacement and takes up a very large space many see could be put to better use. Also we understand that cm's dont jump from land to land, but I think after Disney closes a ride, it could reasign cast members to other lands in a one time transfer. Thats diffrent from going against "landlocking" and we understand that.

Comment

Again, you can't just do that. Once a CM is assigned to a land, they have the option of of moving after a certain amount of time, but other than that they can't be moved. There's no such thing as a "one-time transfer" and there most likely never will be.

When you transfer to another land, you automatically lose seniority, and that's a pretty big deal. By forcing someone into another land, even if you let them keep their seniority as part of a "one-time" deal, it still messes with the system.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X