X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Anyone else hate Autopia?!

Originally posted by Santoanderson View Post
    Yeah, I don't know where to stand on this issue, because the Autopia is a kids ride, and I, unfortunately, am no longer a kid. My nieces and nephews still go nuts for the ride, and there's certainly demand for it. It's a shame that it doesn't necessarily portray a vision of the future, though. It's a highway.
    This is pretty much my feeling. Although I don't see a problem with the fact that it doesn't offer a vision of the future. It never really has, even in it's first incarnations. Unless they make the cars flying ones I don't really know how to make it futuristic (it always has felt weird in Tomorrowland). Anyway, being that I am nearly 30 I haven't ridden the Autopia since they did the last update of it (which was pretty dissapointing), seeing as how I drive a car almost everyday. But kids love it and quite frankly for this particular attraction I think that is what most matters so I'm all for it! For me its a total pass, but for so many kids its a huge hit so I think it's fine as it is.

Comment

something that would be fun to do is extend the track to where it runs all along the perimeter of tomorrowland, fantasyland, toontown, and frontierland, and add theming (is this the correct spelling?) along the track to match the areas that the track goes along.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfan07 View Post
        something that would be fun to do is extend the track to where it runs all along the perimeter of tomorrowland, fantasyland, toontown, and frontierland, and add theming (is this the correct spelling?) along the track to match the areas that the track goes along.
        Driving all the way to Frontierland at Autopia speeds would take FOREVER. Not to mension the cars do not fit in with the theme of Fantasyland and Frontierland.

Comment

well they do fit into Fantasyland.....just not Frontierland

Comment

Gas powered cars as fantasy? lol

Comment

no...the overall Atmosphere...especially if the subs were transferred over there :P

Comment

Lets transfer the subs and autopia to Six Flags

Comment

they are wonderful attractions and make up a bulk of what I call "Scenic Tomorrowland". Even the future can have a touch of "Old World" charm.

Comment

I love autopia, just two things: needs an updated facade and those gas emition cars need to go! They need to change them to some electrical form or battery powered.
                    "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      Personally I've loved the Autopia since childhood. It's even better as an adult -- especially the part where I get to cackle maniacally at the poor saps on the Finding Nemo Underwater DVD.

Haha!! And I thought I was the only one...

Comment

Originally posted by my7dwarves View Post
                        Haha!! And I thought I was the only one...
                        thats funny i never thought of it that way...but your 100 % right..at least autopia isnt rethemed to match it//imagine yellow cars to match the yellow subs...
                        "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Working...
                        X