This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone else hate Autopia?!

as an adult i tried rideing it recently. deffinetly not a adult friendly ride, i felt like a monkey sitting on a badeball.... but in the menetime it packs the line for at least a 45 min wait.. the hybrid car i dea is cool a little greener but what about the look.? hybrids exist today..so wouldnt that be defeating the purpose of Tommorowland?
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

I havent been on this ride in a long time

Comment

Whatever vehicle design they choose they need to make it easily accessible for the over 6ft crowd.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
          Whatever vehicle design they choose they need to make it easily accessible for the over 6ft crowd.
          amen to that.. would the rocket rods work there i wonder? or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by Tool View Post
            Autopia is an absolute waste of valuable space.
            Actually, it is one of the few attractions in the park that can make the opposite claim(how many other attractions operate on top of a different attractions show building?)
            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              I will so 3rd that!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

It kicks the butt of it's siblings in Tokyo and Orlando. Although Paris and Hong Kong have better cars, the track can't be beat in Anaheim. I'm not opposed to updating the vehicles, but leave the track alone.

Comment

I will chime in for the tall crowd. It's pretty uncomfortable, especially if you are letting the child steer and you have to press on the gas pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    I will chime in for the tall crowd. It's pretty uncomfortable, especially if you are letting the child steer and you have to press on the gas pedal.
                    The gas pedal is easy, that thing gets wedged down... stopping is the "fun" part!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                      Ride it at night and just absorb your surroundings. Drive alongside the lagoon and gaze at the matterhorn seemingly closer than in actuality.

It's a wonderful, magical experience if you know how and when to do it.

During the day, I can care less.
                      I agree! At night it's more quiet and fun, and a little creepy in some parts...

regardless, Autopia is never going to leave & if the attraction we're to ever see a "re-design" then it would be minor...

I could see - New engines in the cars, new paint on the attraction (by the way, what's up with that pink elevator they have?) of course change all the chevron advertisements with an update to the giant LCD(if you can call it that) -HDTV, blue ray PLEASE?.
                      Last edited by Zeus; 07-21-2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                        Actually, it is one of the few attractions in the park that can make the opposite claim(how many other attractions operate on top of a different attractions show building?)
                        Alice in Wonderland operates above much of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Using the area for anything besides Autopia would be rather difficult. The ride is effectively sandwiched between the Submarine Voyage below and the Monorail and People Mover tracks above. There are several places where the tracks above come down within five or six feet of the ground. Any other attraction occupying the same area would need to fit into this narrow space.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
                          Alice in Wonderland operates above much of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Using the area for anything besides Autopia would be rather difficult. The ride is effectively sandwiched between the Submarine Voyage below and the Monorail and People Mover tracks above. There are several places where the tracks above come down within five or six feet of the ground. Any other attraction occupying the same area would need to fit into this narrow space.
                          Quite true!

Comment

maybe there would be a cool place for incredipods....you got the FNSV and then the incredipods..its two pixar attractions climbing over each other

Comment

the scenery along the ride itself is quite nice.. but I wish they could make portions of the ride indoors. is there room to build small indoor scenes? kind of like a small dark ride you can drive through.
                              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
                                the scenery along the ride itself is quite nice.. but I wish they could make portions of the ride indoors. is there room to build small indoor scenes? kind of like a small dark ride you can drive through.
                                NO!

I appreciate what you are proposing and in and of itself that probably would be really nice......but tomorrowland already has suffered waaaay too many blows to its' kinetic energy.....leave Autopia outside.

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                                  It stinks. Literally.
                                  [...]
                                  Although one of the best bathrooms is right there...

Didn't think we'd put two and two together, did you!

Originally posted by Matterhorn Boy View Post
                                  To avoid collisions, just have them operate on a computer controlled system that slows the cars down automatically when they get too close. I'm sure such a system could be devised.
                                  Tokyo's Autopia uses a system like this.

Truthfully, we haven't made much progress in exploring the solar system since Walt's time, and most of the original concepts for Tomorrowland are sadly still pretty futuristic.
                                  It's supposed to be futuristic. It's not literally Tomorrow-land.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
                                    NO!

I appreciate what you are proposing and in and of itself that probably would be really nice......but tomorrowland already has suffered waaaay too many blows to its' kinetic energy.....leave Autopia outside.
                                    I would say a mountainous terrain complete with caves would be an option. Again this is assuming the Planetary Reserve theme with alien flora and fauna. This leaves plenty "out in the sun" but also plenty hidden that you can only see on the attraction itself.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoogaFrito View Post
                                      It's supposed to be futuristic. It's not literally Tomorrow-land.
                                      Just using the term "futuristic" loosely is what has muddied the theme of Tomorrowland so much in recent years. Buzz Lightyear is a futuristic space toy, so why doesn't he belong there, right?

Tomorrowland was originally designed to be a place based on science-fact, not science-fiction. I'd much rather everything move back to what life will be like in the future on earth.

Comment

I don't "Hate" Autopia, but it has an agonizingly long switchback queue. The cars belch toxic fumes. It is somewhat boring both in the queue and on the ride. And it doesn't really fit the Tomorrowland theme.

They almost fixed many of these issues with the last big refurb with the new body styles and jumbotron. But the theme on the ride itself falls short and it is still an environmental nightmare.

They should update it with electric cars and put more funny gags throughout the track. The car park was so cute, why couldn't they have done more of that sort of thing and created an entire car city. To help it fit better in Tomorrowland, make it a futuristic city (Perhaps even an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow), give the cars new bodies with a retro-future look to them and perhaps put some hover lights under them so they look like they are nuclear powered or hovering.

Kids LOVE this ride (many adults too), it is a classic Disneyland attraction. But SO much more could be done to make it more entertaining and fit better into Tomorrowland.
                                        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                        Save

Comment

• Re: Anyone else hate Autopia?!

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                                          I don't "Hate" Autopia, but it has an agonizingly long switchback queue. The cars belch toxic fumes. It is somewhat boring both in the queue and on the ride. And it doesn't really fit the Tomorrowland theme.

They almost fixed many of these issues with the last big refurb with the new body styles and jumbotron. But the theme on the ride itself falls short and it is still an environmental nightmare.

They should update it with electric cars and put more funny gags throughout the track. The car park was so cute, why couldn't they have done more of that sort of thing and created an entire car city. To help it fit better in Tomorrowland, make it a futuristic city (Perhaps even an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow), give the cars new bodies with a retro-future look to them and perhaps put some hover lights under them so they look like they are nuclear powered or hovering.

Kids LOVE this ride (many adults too), it is a classic Disneyland attraction. But SO much more could be done to make it more entertaining and fit better into Tomorrowland.
                                          wonderful post !! make it a town of tomorrow !!
                                          -------------------------------------------
                                          I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Working...
                                          X