DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daddyb
    Who's your DaddyB?
    • Jan 2005

DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

A nice little photo update from last week. So much has already been reported by Darkbeer and other fine folks who visit more often that I do, but there are a couple good photos here that you might want to download as desktop wallpaper images for your computer.

(click on the pictures above, or: )
    http://www.visionsfantastic.com/dadd..._03_Update.htm
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• almandot
    Shubisha
    • Apr 2005

Re: DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Heavens to murgatroid..a hidden "M"ickey

Comment

• DLandFansAZ
      .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Jul 2005

Re: DaddyB's "Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update" for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Excellent as always. Thank you.
      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

• MissChristine
        Scentsy Minion
        • Apr 2005

good stuff DaddyB!! )
        MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

• thejoshualee
          Not sure about anything
          • Jun 2005

I think I remember hearing that the rabbit and owl statues were placed to hide something from the fireworks show... I don't know what they could be, but...

anyone?
          St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

• daddyb
            Who's your DaddyB?
            • Jan 2005

The columns that the statues are sitting on are to conceal the projectors for the fireworks show... but there was really no reason to stick the statues up there. The columns are bad enough.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Comment

• Disneykat
              For old time sake
              • Apr 2005

I think the animals look alot better on there than them being plain and out of place. Not sure what else they could have done. Perhaps a column that moves from underground?

Great pics Daddyb!!!!! Always a pleasure to see your pictures
              Katie :yea:
              Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
              :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

• scorsese
                Resident DL'er
                • Aug 2005

Best dl photography on the net...another great update.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                  Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Great again daddyb!
                  I'm using the monorail shot (what a neat one!) as my desktop, even though it's not desktop sized. Couldn't resist!
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• Disney Wrassler
                    Get the Iodine!
                    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                    • Jul 2005

I think the animal statues are projectors for special effects in a show or something.

Comment

• MSEPLightningBug
                      Banned User
                      • Jun 2005

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank
                      you for doing these updates week after week...

I'm going thru a really rough time at work... I'm
                      actually being laid off due to our department closing
                      (and I'm not having that great of luck finding another job)
                      and it is so nice to be able to count on these updates
                      every Monday morning to have something worthwhile
                      to come to the office to see... you bring a little life
                      to me each Monday and I want to thank you so much
                      for taking me to my home away from home - although
                      it is short and from a great distance - I appreciated
                      it so much!

Comment

• daddyb
                        Who's your DaddyB?
                        • Jan 2005

Thanks SO much for those really kind words MSEPLightningBug. I've been there myself, and I can only hand out hope for you finding a new job. Sometimes a layoff ends up being the best thing in the world (the last time I got laid off, I ended up making $10,000 more per year in my new job and had NO lapse between jobs) and sometimes it really, really sucks (I was once out of a job for almost 2 years). But someone's always watching out for us, and we get by. "Getting by" sometimes isn't much fun, but well, it's "getting by". Those times do pass, and you end up looking back and realize you found your way through and wonder how you got through it.

You keep watching for my updates. I'll keep you in my prayers.

DaddyB

Comment

• dlfreak
                          Disneyland Freak
                          • Jan 2005

They serve no purpose but to exemplify the Placemaking project spreading around the resort. The animals were a great touch, I thought, and are clearly in the style of Sleeping Beauty to whom the castle belongs which adds even more bonus points for me.

As for a decent shot from that thing... I don't think very many cameras could fit the entire castle in the shot from there without a wide-angeled lense. I certainly can't... I barely get the entire castle with a snippet of water taking the picure from the railings

As for the reason... other than to enchance themeing and because it just looks nicer, they kinda give the otherwise "pointless" looking columns a reason for being there thematically. I heard the main reason for their placement was because people were trying to stand on the columns during the parades.

Oh yea and nice update
                          Joey AKA "dlfreak"
                          www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
                          If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
                          Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

• Tinkerbell
                            Super saucy pixie!
                            • Jan 2005

I look forward to these every week! They're beautiful. So very well done. You make Mondays easier to take!

Comment

• Alchimedes
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

Thanks DaddyB for the photos of the Sub Lagoon, The progress interests me. Also great shot of the Monorail, astounding and magical. Keep it up!!
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

• wolfy
                                Still wants to be a cat!
                                • Jan 2005

WOW....as always, thanks!
                                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• DLCM
                                  Oh, the cleverness of me.
                                  • Jun 2005

You're right about the castle tapestries. They are a lot darker than before. The old ones were bright red and blue. I like the new darker ones better.
                                  <o>

Comment

• disneygirl
                                    far, far away from DL
                                    • Jan 2005

Re: DaddyB's &quot;Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update&quot; for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

As always, great pictures!

Sabrina
                                    sigpic

Comment

• daddyb
                                      Who's your DaddyB?
                                      • Jan 2005

Re: DaddyB's &quot;Disneyland on your Desktop Photo Update&quot; for MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd!!!

Thanks, everyone!

For the record, I know that the columns are there to hide some of the r2d2 looking projectors. I get that. The animals on top are, to me, cheap and annoying and way too cutesy.

As far as trying to keep people off them for the parade, the columns are behind the fence, I find it hard to beleive people would do that for that parade. Now perhaps someone was putting their kid up on the column to take a picture of the kid in front of the castle... but I that's pretty hard to beleive that it happened that often.

I don't honestly believe they put the animals on there to obscure picture taking. I was being smarmy in my photo update. Blame it on lack of sleep. I think they're there simply so something is on the columns to explain to folks (who don't know about the projectors inside) why there are these columns sitting in the middle of rose bushes and ivy for no obvious reason.

But I still think that the animals, especially the rabbit looking up at the sky, are just too cutesy and out of place. I'd rather have seen larger scale Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather bronze or marble statues.
                                      Last edited by daddyb; 10-04-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• MSEPLightningBug
                                        Banned User
                                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by daddyb
                                        You keep watching for my updates. I'll keep you in my prayers.

DaddyB
                                        Thanks DaddyB! Much appreciated!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X