This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] POTC and DLRR

I have often wondered where in POTC does the ride pass under the DLRR. Does anyone klnow? Does anyone have a map or diagram of POTC they could post?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Re: POTC and DLRR

Twice I think.

Comment

Where's Datameister when you need him? I believe the waterfall is used to get the boats under the RR...

Comment

If I am correct, the boats never actually go under the railroad... they go over it. I could be wrong though. I thought they went over in the tunnel that you go through on the DLRR as you pull in to the NOS station, then immediantly went down the first waterfall, then hooked a right, then immediantly down the second waterfall into the skeleton/ seagul scene...
        WELCOME ABOARD
        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
          If I am correct, the boats never actually go under the railroad... they go over it. I could be wrong though. I thought they went over in the tunnel that you go through on the DLRR as you pull in to the NOS station, then immediantly went down the first waterfall, then hooked a right, then immediantly down the second waterfall into the skeleton/ seagul scene...
          They go under it, the first drop is when u go under it first.

Comment

Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
            They go under it, the first drop is when u go under it first.
            Well I can guarantee you only go under it once on the way down at least, not both drops... frankly I still believe that you don't actually go under it. I have a blueprint somewhere... I'll have to go dig it up I guess...
            WELCOME ABOARD
            THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Both drops are inside the "berm" - neither drop takes you under the RR tracks. You pass under the RR tracks in the long dark tunnel with Davy Jones at the end. You are then outside the "berm" for the bulk of the remainder of the ride. You pass back under the RR tracks right after the jail scene, right where all the creaky wood is.

The ride starts at about the same level as the RR tracks, so there is no way you could go over the tracks.

Comment

^That's exactly wat i was thinking. cuz they're completely behind NOS. it makes more sense to go under it.
                "Won't you please be my prisoner, please, please, please!"
                "I do not like the cone of shame"
                "Oh! A ball! Oh boy! Oh boy! a ball!!"
                "Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, "I forgot to store acorns for the winter and now I am dead." Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead."
                "I hid under your porch because I love you."

-Dug=the cutest dog ever!!

sigpic

Comment

You pass under the tracks twice:

• During the Davy Jones projection
                  • Under the burned wreckage.

Comment

Also, all the drops do is take you down into the basement of the first showbuilding (the same one you entered) You simple "flow out of" the first building under the railroad tracks and into the second show building.

Comment

It should be noted that this is a photo of a backstage access tunnel just to the south of the attraction. The attraction tunnels themselves are further to the left (northwest) under the tracks.

Comment

^ Jason Surrell lied to me!

Comment

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1055434423

Comment

Thanks Nautilus for the description and the photo.

Thanks Data for the blueprint... I love lookin' at those things!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                              Both drops are inside the "berm" - neither drop takes you under the RR tracks. You pass under the RR tracks in the long dark tunnel with Davy Jones at the end. You are then outside the "berm" for the bulk of the remainder of the ride. You pass back under the RR tracks right after the jail scene, right where all the creaky wood is.

The ride starts at about the same level as the RR tracks, so there is no way you could go over the tracks.
                              I was going to say it, but y'all beat me to it!

The things I've learned about the layout of this dang park because of Data! I blame him.
                              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X