Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walk time from Fantasyland to Ariel's Grotto?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Walk time from Fantasyland to Ariel's Grotto?

Hi all,

Assuming there are very light crowds, but we are slow walkers with small children in the party, how long would you guess the walk from Fantasyland to Ariel's Grotto should take?

Eyeballing the map I'm guessing 15-20 minutes, but I really don't know.

Re: Walk time from Fantasyland to Ariel's Grotto?

It really depends on the lines to get out of the park, into DCA, and how many people are in the walkways. It'll take longer if a parade or something is going on.

Comment

Say it is around 1:00 in the afternoon, no parade, no exodus of people coming or going?

Comment

i would say less than 20 minutes. on a crowded day once, my friend and i got off Roger Rabbit and headed to Toy Story Mania, we did the end of DL to the end of DCA in 20 minutes.

Comment

It would take me about 10 minutes.

But I power walk.

Comment

utilize the train

Comment

With the load times of the train, it would be much slower.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                With the load times of the train, it would be much slower.
                Agreed.

The train is good for the sole purpose of experiencing a piece of magic in Disneyland.

As far as transportation goes, you're better off walking.

Comment

Actually, the train is great for getting around if your tired of fighting through people, want shade, and/or want to get off your feet. Just not speed. (Unless there is a parade on Mainstreet)

Comment

We always ride the train late at night when our feet are sore and want to get to the front of the park easier. It's nice for that, but when you're in a hurry or don't want to waste time, you're better off walking.

Comment

With small children? 20 minutes assuming no crowds and no entrance lines at DCA.
                      But I wouldn't assume no crowds. Maybe give it an extra 10 minutes in case you have to stop (for bathrooms or lines).

Even though it might not be faster, it might be easier on the kids to take the time to ride the train. If I was little, I'd think that it would be a mighty long walk to Paradise Pier.
                      "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Good point regarding the train, thanks for pointing that out. I guess swinging up to toontown station and then getting off at mainstreet might save a lot of walking for little feet.

I guess we could also walk to the hub and take one of the vehicles to the gate, assuming they run around that time.

Thanks!

Comment

Good point regarding the train, thanks for pointing that out. I guess swinging up to toontown station and then getting off at mainstreet might save a lot of walking for little feet.

I guess we could also walk to the hub and take one of the vehicles to the gate, assuming they run around that time.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyDeuce View Post

Thanks!
                            If you plan to take one of the Main Street Vehicles to the gate, remember that they usually return backstage around 2-2:30PM to prep Main Street for the parade. The Horse Carriages stop around 1-1:30ish.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                            Indy Ride Count: 2211
                            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

If you power walk: 10 mins. Normal walk: 15-20 mins.
                              Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                              www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X