Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Greatest Jungle Cruise Skipper Ever!!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Jungle Cruise Skipper Ever!!!!

And his name is Mikey :bow:

The man is funny beyond all reason. I started laughing before I even got in the boat. The man talks with a fake British accent and he completely add-libs the whole trip. I mean he has a pipe and wears a monocle for god's sake! I think the pinnacle of this man's comedic genius is when he turned the lights off (it was at night) and started singing the song from Willy Wonka, "...Is it raining, is it pouring...". The entire boat died laughing. If you ever have a chance to see this guy make it a priority.

Re: The Greatest Jungle Cruise Skipper Ever!!!!

Yeah, here in WDW a skipper also did the Wonka thing.

The monacle sounds awesome though!

Comment

Excellent job! Getting the whole boat to laugh is a great accomplishment. I've been on several Jungle Cruise rides where I swear I was almost the only one laughing at half the jokes. May people seated around me often have a confused look on their face. It's hard to believe that after 50 years some people think the Skipper is trying to be 100% factual.
      ------------------
      DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
      http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

But, but, he's not sticking to the official script!!! Waaaaah! I'm going to cry to City Hall! Waaaah! It's supposed to be serious!! Waaaaaaaaaaah!!

On my last trip, the skipper spoke complete gibberish and pantomiming the whole way, except for the standard "Back side of water!!" If you had been on the attraction before, you pretty much knew what he was supposed to be saying. Regardless, my youngest one was laughing the whole way, although he does have a weird sense of humor. No idea where he gets it.

Comment

For the backside of water thing he set it up like he was going to say "the back side of water" but instead he flipped to the other side of the boat and said "The front side of a rock! I shall call it Matterhorn!"

He was so freaking funny. I can't even express how funny this guy really was. He kept referring to all the adults as "Little boy" or "Little girl". At one section he asked my friend what his name was and when he told him he said, "I shall call you Mooky".

Comment

Did you fill out a compliment form for him?
            Good morning, son
            In twenty years from now
            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
            And I can tell you 'bout today
            And how I picked you up and everything changed
            It was pain
            Sunny days and rain
            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

He sounds quite fun!

I had a lady, Sarah this past saturday, and she was EXCELLENT!!!!!! I was cracking up the entire time! As I stated in another post too, she's GORGEOUS to boot!

Comment

He is SO AWESOME~!!! We've had him twice, I would totally wait to get his boat, he is defintely the best. I've emailed a compliment for him and stopped and city hall to compliment him!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

down at WDW's Jungle Cruise I died in laughter...pointing out his favorite plant life, his drinking problem, and he made a joke only Disney enthusiasts would get (I got it, no one else on my boat did)...the bigger elephant AA was broken, so he says..."This is brokenus animatronicus which presidentus de parkus rarely has time to fixus...behind brokenus animatronicus is maintinence lazius..." My skipper almost went on a rant which I know could have gotten him the boot if I mentioned his name, but he's so right. WDW is so busy hotel after hotel, half-@$$ attractions (STITCH) and half-@$$ half-day parks (MGM, EPCOT, AK) that the neglect updating classics and keeping attractions like new...WDW's game plan is if it's broke don't fix it, let it rot, gut it, replace it. It's the Circle of Life @ WDW...

Comment

How old is this Mikey?
                    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I've had Mikey before, and he rocked! When you mentioned the "little boy" and "little girl" part, that totally made me remember him! Plus, whenever he told a joke and someone on the boat got it or something, he would always say "very good, you get a cookie!" He's great!!!!!! I only wish we had him today.......
                      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I hope i get a good skipper for WDW... these 2 (DL & WDW's) sounded like fun. I would love their boat...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton
                          And his name is Mikey :bow:

The man is funny beyond all reason. I started laughing before I even got in the boat. The man talks with a fake British accent and he completely add-libs the whole trip. I mean he has a pipe and wears a monocle for god's sake! I think the pinnacle of this man's comedic genius is when he turned the lights off (it was at night) and started singing the song from Willy Wonka, "...Is it raining, is it pouring...". The entire boat died laughing. If you ever have a chance to see this guy make it a priority.
                          mikey is hysterical. to a guest..."you should see her dole whip"

Comment

dang...anyone know if therez any way i kan REQUEST this wonderful mikey i keep hearing about? haha
                            Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                            [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

Mikey is the best JC skipper EVER. We got him as a skipper twice in a row. The second time it was just us, him and two other people (last ride of the night). We filled out a compliment form down at city hall later that night.

"Look at all those rocks!!"
                              Last edited by Emelius_Browne; 10-04-2005, 02:05 AM.
                              Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
                              I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
                              ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X