X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Question about annual passes

I'm sure somebody here must know the answer to this question:

I've heard, on more than one occasion, but not necessarily from well informed sources, that if you go to DLR and purchase an annual passport on a blockout day, you can still use the passport to get into the park on that day.

Is this true, or just yet another myth?
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Re: Question about annual passes

I'm not sure about the purchasing process at the park, but my Dad bought mine at Vons and basically the card gave permission for any-day admition to Disneyland in order to activate the AP.

I'm not sure about leaving and re-entering with your activated AP on that specific blocked day, however. That sounds pretty risky and I wouldn't suggest doing that.

Still, Disney is very flexible with when their customers choose to activate their AP, as entering the park itself is necessary.

(in short, this "myth" is likely true and proven for AP's bought at other participating locations)

Comment

Yes, if you purchase an AP that has blockout days on a blockout day, you can enjoy both Parks as if it wasn't a blockout day.

We did just that last month for one of my kids.

No "risk" involved...

Comment

You can easily buy a Parkhopper (of any number of days), use it on what will become your blockout days, and then upgrade your ticket to an AP. Say this year you wanted a Deluxe AP but wanted to stay at the resort for the whole 4th of July weekend. You buy a 3 day Parkhopper and use it on the 3rd through the 5th, and on the 5th you upgrade that to a Deluxe AP.
        "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

The first day of use on a new annual pass is never blocked out. We bought a couple AP certificates (the kind you exchange for an AP in the park) by mail, and had no problem activating them and getting in on a blockout day. We've also done the parkhopper upgrade.
          Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
          2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
          2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, you can go into DL & DCA.

Comment

We got our APs just a couple weeks ago on a blockout day, and had zero issues exiting and re-entering both DCA and Disneyland. The turnstile CMs did a bit of a double-take each time - like "oh, this is blocked... OH WAIT you just bought it today, then no problem!" So don't worry. You're good. It's official Disneyland law.
              carrying bottled skies around
              twitter.com/equustel

Comment

We bought So Cal passes on a blockout day last October, no problems at all.
                sigpic

Comment

My sincere thanks to all who replied. :bow:

I think that the evidence presented here proves this 'myth' to be confirmed. :thumbup:
                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X