This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Old Video With Some Neat Footage

This video isn't mine, but I ran across its path on YouTube and it's really cool. It includes most of Disneyland from the late 60's, and shows some footage that I hadn't seen before.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WtfaWld0Pg&feature=rec-HM-r2]YouTube - Very old late 1960s Disneyland 8mm film natures wonderland[/ame]

Apparently this guy bought it off eBay. It was an unofficial DVD of a travel film from that time, so it is a possibility that you may have seen some of this before. Still, take a look. It's worth watching, and it goes nice with the audio the user added. Just thought some of you might be interested.

Re: Old Video With Some Neat Footage

Thanks for posting this.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for posting

Comment

Great stuff ... Several things in there before my time, but also brought back a lot of memories of attractions from my childhood visits that are no longer there.
        sigpic

Comment

Reminds me very much of my second visit to Disneyland at about the same time...thanks for sharing...

Comment

very very cool!

Comment

Very cool vid! Love those big-headed characters.

Comment

So cool. I love peoplemover music.
                As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

Comment

Thanks for sharing that! Sure makes me miss some of the old days at Disneyland.

Comment

Awesome video! This is the first time that I have seen video footage of Disneyland from that era. If I could back in time, I would definitely go back to the 50's or 60's so that I could view that park in its former glory. Unfortunately, I am only 16 years old, so I have only been able to view the park during the 21st Century (But there's nothing wrong with that). Even though the park has undergone many changes over the years, I find it amazing that it still manages to resemble its former self, especially in places such as Main Street U.S.A. and Frontierland. Tomorrowland looks amazing! Now I understand why everyone on MiceChat complains about its current state today. The only thing missing from the video was Adventureland, but oh well.
                    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

sigpic

Comment

I love watching 'old' Disneyland footage. Funny, Chip and Dale look about the same as they do today. Neat
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                        Great stuff ... Several things in there before my time, but also brought back a lot of memories of attractions from my childhood visits that are no longer there.

Wow, exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for posting this footage, it was really neat to see and like OC2Epcot said, it really brought back a lot of memories.

Comment

Here is a video about Tomorrowland that I found on Youtube. It shows how the "new" Tomorrowland looked in 1968. It looks wonderful, and a lot better than the mess that calls itself Tomorrowland today. It upsets me that I was never able to see it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvGI6lhK_E&feature=related"]YouTube - Tomorrowland (1968) - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr7rQIyi_ME&feature=related"]YouTube - Tomorrowland (1968) - Part 2[/ame]
                          4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

sigpic

Comment

Wow, what neat footage - I love some of the aerial shots, esp of the Matterhorn. I also love seeing old character costumes. It's amazing how some of them have changed so drastically, like Winnie the Pooh.

I think this video is from the 70s though, because in the Tomorrowland part it showed Mission to Mars which replaced Flight to the Moon in 1975.
                            www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

Haha, I love how this thread finally gets attention a week later.

Thanks for sharing those, MadHatter45.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X