This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

I am pretty much a non-believer of ghosts, but will admit I once felt something that has become quite common on the interwebs. One of the many stories I have read about DL ghosts is about some malicious cold air that stirs up in the middle of Tomorrowland. I have felt that random freezing air, but I didn't feel anything malicious from it. Like I said, I do not believe in ghosts, but I just thought it was cool (and coinceidental) that I so happen to have felt that. BTW, does anyone know why that feezing air is at Tomorrowland. I don't know if anyone else has felt it, or even knows what I am talking about since many of the other sites that have DL ghost stories never specifies where exactly at Tomorrowland this occurs, but for me it happened in between Star Tours and Astro Blasters under the People Mover track.
    "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

I always felt that if there were restless ghosts in Tomorrowland, it might be because of the old Disneyland Heliport that closed when the helicopter crashed carrying 15 people or whatever, way back when.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
        It's not that crazy. It's expensive, yes, and it annoys them, but it's what makes Disney so great,
        No, they don't have a special vacuum to vacuum up the ashes of cremated guests. That's quite the urban legend.

They have regular industrial vacuums/cleaning machines which are used on a regular basis (no more/no less than, say, Indiana Jones Adventure).

If it is suspected if human ashes are present (by witnesses to the event, security cameras, or the guests' own admittance), it is legally considered a biohazard issue, and an Anaheim/Orange County HAZMAT team is brought in and they do their cleaning process. Even they use regular industrial vacuums.

There is no special machine for the express purpose of ashes - it'd be no different than a regular vacuum to get in everywhere - as dust can get into everything, too.

that they take pride in keeping everything clean and healthy.
        haha xD :ap:
        You were visiting Disneyland in Anaheim, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SolCross View Post
          I always felt that if there were restless ghosts in Tomorrowland, it might be because of the old Disneyland Heliport that closed when the helicopter crashed carrying 15 people or whatever, way back when.
          I never knew that. When specifically did this crash occur as this is the first I have ever heard of it. That is interesting. The only deaths that I knew from Tomorrowland was the America Sings CM and the supposed high school kid that pulled his gf's blonde hair from the people mover back in the 70's.

Comment

<off-topic>

The crash didn't happen at Disneyland, so I don't know if it'd make sense to have the ghosts there, unless it was there last happy memory. There were two crashes, actually - one full of leaving park guests and one of arriving park guests. Each crash killed over 20 people - it'd make sense to have the departing guests' crash result in hauntings.

The leaving crash occurred over Paramount (the helicopter actually disintegrated mid-air) and the arriving crash occurred in Compton; both of these locations are in the L.A. area, far away from DL.

Comment

From what I've heard, the Star Tours ghosts are from the guests who died after trying to jump between cars on the Peoplemover. I guess one of the incidents occurred in the tunnel between the Star Tours building and the Tron tunnel, so people swear that the exit corridor is haunted. I'm still skeptical, however.

Comment

I knew the helicopter crashes took place outside Disneyland, but I figured their spirits would be tied to it because it's the last place they were before it happened.

And it makes sense for the Star Tours ghosts to be from PeopleMover, I never thought of it like that or heard of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WJNM View Post
                  <off-topic>

The crash didn't happen at Disneyland, so I don't know if it'd make sense to have the ghosts there, unless it was there last happy memory. There were two crashes, actually - one full of leaving park guests and one of arriving park guests. Each crash killed over 20 people - it'd make sense to have the departing guests' crash result in hauntings.

The leaving crash occurred over Paramount (the helicopter actually disintegrated mid-air) and the arriving crash occurred in Compton; both of these locations are in the L.A. area, far away from DL.
                  Article re the two crashes:

Los Angeles, CA Commuter Helicopter Crashes, Aug 1968 | GenDisasters ... Genealogy in Tragedy, Disasters, Fires, Floods

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
                    Oh, please... as soon as they saw it happening, they'd put the ride 101 and have the Hazmat team in there to clean.

Disney's not going to risk getting a citation for having human cremains not cleaned up.

Honestly, what people will believe...
                    That's not necessarily true. The HM opened in 1969 and laws regarding biohazardous waste were a lot less strict back then. I can see where someone could have gotten away with this 35 or 40 years ago as compared to now.

Comment

Well here's another ghost story that I heard from a friend CM. One night there were three CM's cleaning oout HM and Splash Mtn. after hours and my friend and one other CM left to do Splash Mountain and left the last guy alone at HM since it is a smaller area to clean. When my friend and the other CM came back from Splash, they found the third CM stunned, pale and breathless in the loading area (by where the hologram portraits and cool 3D sculptures are). He told them that he heard someone wrangling the chains and when he went to see who it was he thought it was them who had come back. He says he saw a child and he walked right by him and disappeared. My friend said they had to literally carry the poor guy out of the HM mansion because he was paralyzed with fear.

Comment

I have 2 questions. Another ghost story that is popular is Disco Debbie from Space Mountain. Where does this come from as the only "accounts" I have read are that they spot her while the ride is in operation. This last week I was there I tried to re-enact how exactly one would spot a ghost at the bottom of the track while the coaster is in motion while the lights are off and you're going a good forty miles per hour. I thought it was quite impossible for anyone to get a clear view of a ghost in any part of Space Mountain unless the coaster was actually stopped.
                        So my questions are how possible is that this one is actually true (I know this all depends on what you believe in) and how did the Disco Debbie ghost come about?

Comment

ive heard some rumors of walts ghost.. some see a outline of someone in his old apartment others see him around the park, me personally Ive never experienced anything paranormal at Disneyland they only way i think one would experience something would be after hours in a ride or something
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MostExalted View Post
                            ive heard some rumors of walts ghost.. some see a outline of someone in his old apartment others see him around the park, me personally Ive never experienced anything paranormal at Disneyland they only way i think one would experience something would be after hours in a ride or something
                            They see an outline in his old apartment because CMs are allowed to go into his apartment. at least main gate ones can.

Comment

I don't believe in ghosts but some of these stories are convincing and they are fun to hear. There was, in a fact, a little boy who got his ashes spread around in HM but Hazmat did come and clean it up. Do they evacuate the ride in events like this or do they wait for everyone to get off at the end and allow no more people on? I admit that I would be terrified to walk through HM at night because it would be really easy to imagine something and scare your self to death
                              sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                              Disney is my life <3
                              Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                              Future Imagineer <3
                              Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

I think they either evacuate the rides or just stop them with the people on them if the cleaning doesnt take too long, but my guess is they evacuate the rides.

Comment

I doubt they would e-stop the attraction just for that. They would probably cycle out the guests they already have in the attraction, and then close until custodial comes.

Comment

I wonder would any of you ride HM if you were the only one in the building. I bet that would really give me chills. Knowing that I am going through everything by myself. My favorite scene has always ALWAYS been the ball room scene. Since I was a kid seeing the couples dance has sent chills down my spine, so I probably would be lying if I said I wouldn't be a bit scared to ride the entire ride knowing I am alone... even if I don't believe in ghosts.

Comment

I dont think id ride it if i were the only one. If haunted mansion was a walkthrough, would you walkthrough it?

Comment

I would definitely walk through it alone. I have no doubt that I would be seeing things that aren't there, but I would love it. My friends have told me they would equally be afraid of riding POTC if they were in it alone as well. I guess because of all the animatronics, but I still would love to walk through HM. It elongates the ride and knowing I would be alone, once again, would heighten that sense of fear, especially that awesome ball room scene

Comment

I doubt they would e-stop the attraction just for that. They would probably cycle out the guests they already have in the attraction, and then close until custodial comes.
                                          I do believe they cycle it out; if there was, um, pardon - dust to kick up - it would probably be a lot "safer" to cycle it out. But they don't close it until custodial comes - everyone repeat after me: Disneyland Custodial has NOTHING to do with biohazard issues. It's Anaheim/OC Fire's HazMat team.

Awesome find, thanks Steve!

Comment

Working...
                                          X