Announcement

Collapse

Attention New Uber/Lyft Users

If you are planning to use Uber or Lyft anywhere in the US and have not already taken your first ride, you can use the following codes for a free or discounted first ride (amount varies by location). Uber - matthewb96 Lyft - matthewb96
See more
See less

Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

/\ You've heard the expression "I wouldnt be caught dead there.." well..

(ba-dum-dum) (rim shot)

hehe
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Comment

and a few CM friends of mine who would kill to start DPS (Disney Paranormal Society
      That would be awesome! If you ever start that up can I join?!
      Out of the NIGHT....

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
        Yeah Walt on a rampage on what was done to what used to be the coolest area of the park!!
        I concur!
        "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

I don't belive in ghosts, but I too have felt a weird chill in Tomorrowland. I just shrug it off, you could experience weird chills anywhere and they are probably just because of the weather. I find thhis ghost topic very interesting though, it's quite fun to read! I think people's imagination make them imagine some things, but who am I to judge? I've never experienced anything paranormal so I have no room to talk and say they imagined it
          sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
          Disney is my life <3
          Thank Walt for all he did! <3
          Future Imagineer <3
          Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

How can people actually think of Ghost at the "Happiest Place on Earth"
            This is just crazy!!!

Comment

I can't remember the exact name of it...but a few years ago there was a book on famous haunted places in the US and Disneyland was on the top 10 list. Thought that was pretty cool at the time. (Looking to see if I still have it)
              Last edited by AlohaStitch; 08-05-2009, 08:40 PM.
              Originally posted by migo
              I poop with joy!
              Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Originally posted by mrs marisa View Post
                This is just crazy!!!
                Some of us are happy chasing Ghosts so Disneyland even becomes much Happier.
                PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs marisa View Post
                  This is just crazy!!!
                  They're Happy ghosts!
                  spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Originally posted by spunkymonkey View Post
                    They're Happy ghosts!
                    No, they're Grim Grinning Ghosts
                    "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Comment

Can't find the book I mentioned earlier..but if you Google "Disneyland haunted" you get a number of sites with a lot of the stories/legends.
                      Originally posted by migo
                      I poop with joy!
                      Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

I'm convinced the chills in Tomorrowland are the result of the death of creativity in WDI!
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I have had numerous personal experiences happen to me my time working the Mansion. I'm not going into specifics but I have been pushed, heard my name called, something tugging on my jacket, and hearing voices while walking the attraction at night.
                          Fascinating! I'd love to hear about your experiences in the park.
                          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Originally posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
                            Fascinating! I'd love to hear about your experiences in the park.
                            Wow how forgetful we are. I shared all this stuff to the Lonesome Ghost Club which I believe you also commented on as well.
                            PirateMunkee

Comment

Wow how forgetful we are. I shared all this stuff to the Lonesome Ghost Club which I believe you also commented on as well.
                              Is that a prior thread? I havent heard your story and I also find stuff like this really interesting.
                              My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/r_zavala/

Comment

Originally posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
                                Is that a prior thread? I havent heard your story and I also find stuff like this really interesting.
                                ditto
                                Out of the NIGHT....

Comment

Hi, I joined awhile ago, but this is my first post. I haven't had any paranormal experiences myself in Disneyland, but I'd like to ask a question about something I read elsewhere.

A year ago I was doing some research just for my own amusement on the hauntings of another theme park and came across a site which allowed others to submit their own ghostly stories. Some of them just smacked of being made up, and of course they had a section on Disneyland.

A woman, a former CM, mentioned when she started at the park, there was a backstage tunnel either underneath or behind the Fantasyland dark rides which she was warned never to enter. She was told they called it "The Enchanted Forest" and strange things happened back there; odd sights and sounds. They jokingly told her it was as if some of the classic animated characters actually lived back in there, particularly the villians. She described the tunnel as not looking any different from the rest of the tunnels, yet it had this feeling of forboding as if someone was saying "Don't come back here! Don't disturb us!" All of this description, yet there was no mention of anything specific happening! It was an old post, from around 2005, so I seriously doubt she could be contacted.

So my question is: Does anyone here know anything about this mysterious, "enchanted" tunnel? Has anyone heard any stories of occurrences or why it might be haunted? Or was this alleged former CM, OR her trainer pulling someone's leg? Fantasyland has always been my favorite area of the park, especially the dark rides, so this story held particular interest to me.

In closing, I'd like to add my voice to those clamoring for PirateMunkee to share his paranormal experiences again!
                                  Last edited by SnowWhite'sPrince; 08-07-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkfairycthulu View Post
                                    Star Tours tower "ghost" totally looks like one of the kid ghosts from Coraline heh.....
                                    Heh, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw that picture!

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                                    Yeah, I believe in ghosts, but I think this is a rumor because not one person has mentioned that people not only dump ashes in haunted mansion, they also do it in iasw. Part of the big refurb last year was to install cameras, and clean the waters. So why dont people mention ghosts in iasw as well? Just because haunted mansion has fake ghosts, people have to make up stuff about real ghosts. I mean, if I were a ghost, I'd love to live at DL, but I doubt these ghosts are just staying on HM and Star Tours. And if people say because their ashes were dumped on HM, that doesnt make sense either, because Disney has the expensive machines to clean the ashes. They say its a hassle to use and they're expensive, but its part of keeping the park clean and healthy
                                    Why would anyone in their right mind want to haunt iasw? It certainly wouldn't be my first choice.
                                    The ride's scary enough as it is, anyway...

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                                    I have decided that when I go I want to haunt the new skips on Jungle. I'd play pranks (like never letting the gun fire or making the engine stall randomly), change their voices, answer their bad jokes over the PA...
                                    Awesome, I can see it now...
                                    "Welcome, foolish explorers, to the World Famous Jungle Cruise! I am your skipper, your jungle skipper. Muahahaha!"

Comment

I don't believe in the classic, romanticized concepts of "ghosts" & "hauntings." Those just don't fit my understanding of "spiritual" phenomena. To be honest, though, I do believe there are spirits everywhere at all times. Whether they come from human bodies or other sources is of little importance to me. It's like trying to determine where the wind came from when you feel it brush against your skin (unless you're standing next to Aashee; then you definitely know where it came from). Winds & spirits have their secret origins, & who are you to go blabbing if they ever confide those stories to you?

Yeah, I think a "paranormal" experience is exactly like the wind this way. You can feel it & enjoy it & experience it every day if you choose to open a window or take that step outside, but you couldn't get a firm hold on it all even if it willingly d itself across your open hands. You just can't grab a particular breeze & yank it to someone you know & say, "SEE?! I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A LEVANTER." And even if you could, some azzhole would say, "That's no levanter, that's a zephyr." But you can still feel it when it blows across your path & smile to yourself.

Having said all that, the only odd thing I've experienced on Mansion was someone whispering in my ear when I was sitting alone in my own doombuggy. I felt the air very intimately whispering these nonsense syllables into my right ear, one word of which sounded vaguely like "Hello," but it seemed untoward & invasive like an unsolicited suitor, so I took umbrage & turned my head the other way. It happened between the Corridor of Doors & Seance Room. No CMs in sight, & nobody in the doombuggies after mine.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowWhite'sPrince View Post

So my question is: Does anyone here know anything about this mysterious, "enchanted" tunnel? Has anyone heard any stories of occurrences or why it might be haunted? Or was this alleged former CM, OR her trainer pulling someone's leg? Fantasyland has always been my favorite area of the park, especially the dark rides, so this story held particular interest to me.

In closing, I'd like to add my voice to those clamoring for PirateMunkee to share his paranormal experiences again!
                                        There is no tunnel in Fantasyland. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                                        PirateMunkee

Comment

• Re: Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

There is no tunnel in Fantasyland. Sorry to burst your bubble.
                                          That would be referring to WDW. You could always try posting in that forum...

Comment

Working...
                                          X