Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadHatter45
    started a topic [Rumor] Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

So, I have done some reading about the Haunted Mansion, and numerous sources claim that there are actual ghosts on the ride. Apparently, some people have spread ashes on the ride as well. I'm not really into the paranormal, and I haven't seen any "real" ghosts on the ride, but what about you? What have you heard about the Haunted Mansion actually being "haunted"? Have you seen anything?

• tymime
    replied
    Re: Haunted Mansion: Actual Ghosts?

I don't know about you guys, but even if my dearest relative wished to have their ashes dumped in an attraction, I wouldn't do it 'cause being sucked up by a vacuum cleaner would be the worst send-off ever.

I don't suppose we can stop bickering and get back to sharing cool ghost stories? Is that too much to ask?

Leave a comment:

• TikiGhost
    replied

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Oh wow. The pic just randomly popped up just now from out of nowhere. looks freaky! kind of looks like a VMK person...haha
    Haha, yea, he kinda looks like yavn.

Leave a comment:

• Zorro825
    replied

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by disneyfan07
    I do have a question..... if there are actual ghosts living in(or visiting) the haunted mansion, do they have to pay for park admission?

I would figure they all have annual passes. __________________

Nope, all they need is their Death Certificate. But in a weird twist, the park charges them for admission on their Deathday.
    :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Bob Weaver
    replied

Quote:
    Originally Posted by disneyfan07
    I do have a question..... if there are actual ghosts living in(or visiting) the haunted mansion, do they have to pay for park admission?

I would figure they all have annual passes. __________________

Nope, all they need is their Death Certificate. But in a weird twist, the park charges them for admission on their Deathday.

Leave a comment:

• la_belle_epoque
    replied

the local paper (again, they've been doing a lot of disney stuff lately?) has a list of five "real-life" haunts at disneyland. they even link mice chat a few times! they include mr. one-way, walt himself and the crying boy in haunted amongst a few others... fun read, but super creepy.

Dishney: Five Ghostly Disneyland Urban Legends - Orange County News - Navel Gazing

Leave a comment:

• misskswann
    replied

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The only place in Disneyland that's truly spooky is the TDA building.

Whats the TDA building? lol

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Like I said, just because little ol' me can't come up with a scientific explanation, doesn't mean there isn't one. I'm just not that good.

These two statments--ironically side-by-side--are complete polar opposites. One cannot claim to be a skeptic in one sentence, and then claim to have lived in a haunted house in the next.

One might as well claim to be a vegan while chowing down on a rare top sirloin steak.
    Ahhh but you don't quite understand what I was saying. The poltergeist activity is what got me to believe in the possibility of the paranormal. I've seen stuff to show me that there is something going on. Be it a spirit ghost or just kenetic energy I don't know. I'm a skeptic when it comes to calling a place haunted. Poltergiest activity doesn't mean ghost. There are theories that claim it could possible be telekenisis power which developes in pre-teen girls which we had in our home at that time. I can believe in the possibility of paranormal activity and be skeptic when it comes a place being haunted.
    Last edited by PirateMunkee; 09-02-2009, 10:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve DeGaetano
    replied

Originally posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    But how are you ever going to actually believe in it if your actually predisposing yourself into believing that "it's just a crock"? I get the feeling that whatever convincing footage that is shown to you, you will probably shoot down as fake or staged.

Although on the GH show, they might not always catch anything it sorta brings a little more credibility to the stuff that they do happen to catch on those rare occasions that they just cannot debunk. I mean if every episode contained a bunch of video evidence and full body apparitions then I'm sure the credibility of the show would come into question.
    The point is, to date--after millenia--there has yet to surface once scintilla of scientifically-credible evidence--subject to peer-review--to substantiate "ghosts" as supernatural beings in any way.

Something caught on film? That's about as easily-faked as it gets.

I'm open-minded. Just show me the evidence. Feelings, sightings, voices...they just don't make the evidence grade. And really, it's as simple as that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve DeGaetano
    replied

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    Soul-ution?
    :bow:

Leave a comment:

• WestsideCM99
    replied

Originally posted by B2D View Post
    How would you feel if you were visiting from across the country, were only at DL for a day and some nutter shut down the most anticipated ride of the trip because they wanted nothing else than to dump Uncle Bob in there?
    Great point.. Also, how would you like to be the guest sitting behind the ash dropping doom buggy riders who could care less if you just inhaled a whole lungfull of Uncle Bob?

Soul-ution? Setup a drop box at the front gate or hide a box for urns in the rides so that guests can turn their loved ones over to a CM.. or for $1200.00 your family and a Plaid can go back there yourself and make a whole ceremony out of it. )

Disney's really missing out on a profit generating opportunity here.

Leave a comment:

• Open_at_the_close
    replied

Originally posted by Magenta Panther View Post
    I watch those Ghost Hunters programs sometimes for a laugh. But they never find *anything*. It's just a bunch of doofs running around talking to the darkness. I don't believe in ghosts. I can understand why people *want* to believe in them...it's a cool idea, and the existence of ghosts would mean that there is something after this life. But until I see something convincing on film, forget it, it's just a crock IMO.
    But how are you ever going to actually believe in it if your actually predisposing yourself into believing that "it's just a crock"? I get the feeling that whatever convincing footage that is shown to you, you will probably shoot down as fake or staged.

Although on the GH show, they might not always catch anything it sorta brings a little more credibility to the stuff that they do happen to catch on those rare occasions that they just cannot debunk. I mean if every episode contained a bunch of video evidence and full body apparitions then I'm sure the credibility of the show would come into question.

And PirateMunkee, Now you have me wondering what attraction you heard the little boys voice on. I find it rather fascinating. Cant give any clues by any chance? LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Magenta Panther
    replied

I watch those Ghost Hunters programs sometimes for a laugh. But they never find *anything*. It's just a bunch of doofs running around talking to the darkness. I don't believe in ghosts. I can understand why people *want* to believe in them...it's a cool idea, and the existence of ghosts would mean that there is something after this life. But until I see something convincing on film, forget it, it's just a crock IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Steve DeGaetano
    replied

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    But can you come up with an explanation what I went through? You weren't there and did not experience what I felt.
    Like I said, just because little ol' me can't come up with a scientific explanation, doesn't mean there isn't one. I'm just not that good.

Originally posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    In truth I am very skeptic. I lived in a home that had full on poltergeist experience when I was a kid.
    These two statments--ironically side-by-side--are complete polar opposites. One cannot claim to be a skeptic in one sentence, and then claim to have lived in a haunted house in the next.

One might as well claim to be a vegan while chowing down on a rare top sirloin steak.
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-02-2009, 07:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PirateMunkee
    replied

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Not to cast aspersions on your logic or knowledge--but do you believe that just because you, personally, cannot come up with an explanation, then the explanation must reside in the paranormal?
    But can you come up with an explanation what I went through? You weren't there and did not experience what I felt. In truth I am very skeptic. I lived in a home that had full on poltergeist experience when I was a kid. I've seen some pretty amazing stuff. Seeing stuff levitate on it's own. Closet door handles turn and open up in front of you. It's stuff like this that tends to make me believe that there is something to this but I don't believe that anyplace is haunted until I've had an unexplained experience. I'm the first one to think of ANY natural explanation first before going onto any claims of the paranormal.
    Last edited by PirateMunkee; 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X