This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Military and all Disney parks

When I first went to DLR, it was 1976, and I had just graduated from Navy boot camp. I took a bus from San Diego to Anaheim. Back then, the Greyhound station was very close to DLR; within walking distance, in fact. One of the things I remember from my trip was that I was admitted at the junior rate because I was in uniform.

I think DLR should restore this special ticket for all military personnel, and maybe WDW as well.

What do you think?
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Re: Military and all Disney parks

I agree- our men and women in uniform, serving our country, and protecting our freedom should at least get a discount at the happiest place on earth :]

Comment

Originally posted by Not My Real Name View Post
      When I first went to DLR, it was 1976, and I had just graduated from Navy boot camp. I took a bus from San Diego to Anaheim. Back then, the Greyhound station was very close to DLR; within walking distance, in fact. One of the things I remember from my trip was that I was admitted at the junior rate because I was in uniform.

I think DLR should restore this special ticket for all military personnel, and maybe WDW as well.

What do you think?
      That is an excellent idea!

Comment

Oorah
        Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
        http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

I agree. They should have discounts.

Comment

Disneyland use to also give a discount to clergy. Maybe I can dig up my internet Universal Life Church certificate and save some cash.

Comment

There's no need for military people to dress up just to get a discount. First your going to have those people that are going to find a fake uniform and dress up just to get a discount. And plus anyone in the military can already get a discount if they buy their tickets on base. The worst idea ever would be giving a discount to clergymen. That's too obvious to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosVi7 View Post
                There's no need for military people to dress up just to get a discount. First your going to have those people that are going to find a fake uniform and dress up just to get a discount. And plus anyone in the military can already get a discount if they buy their tickets on base. The worst idea ever would be giving a discount to clergymen. That's too obvious to discuss.
                Ah, but they use to.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosVi7 View Post

They dont necessarily have to be in uniform, the could always show Military I.D. when purchasing their tickets. Or the can get it on base too, like you mentioned.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X