This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Basic Hat Writing No Longer Free

Just heard that effective today the basic hat embroidery that up until now was included in the cost of ear hats and a couple other hats will now cost $3. That's right, the cost of a few feet of thread and someone pushing on a couple buttons on a fully automated machine is now $3 when before it was free. Something special and unique is now gone from Disneyland. Bad show, Disney. No word on if the "premium" hat writing has increased in price or not. Still, I guess even the basic hat writing is now premium, isn't it.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Re: Basic Hat Writing No Longer Free

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
    Just heard that effective today the basic hat embroidery that up until now was included in the cost of ear hats and a couple other hats will now cost $3. That's right, the cost of a few feet of thread and someone pushing on a couple buttons on a fully automated machine is now $3 when before it was free. Something special and unique is now gone from Disneyland. Bad show, Disney. No word on if the "premium" hat writing has increased in price or not. Still, I guess even the basic hat writing is now premium, isn't it.
    One of the few times you didn't feel nickeled and dimed, and now its gone? Hope this isn't true!

Comment

Boooooo!
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
        One of the few times you didn't feel nickeled and dimed, and now its gone? Hope this isn't true!
        It is true. Heard it from a stores CM this morning.
        The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

What?? I haven't herd anything about that yet. I guess I'll find out today. I was mad when they changed it to automated machines and now this just tops the cake! BOOOO Disney! Oh great, now I'm gonna have to deal with lots of complaints today...

Comment

disney must really be hurting for some extra money any way they can get it.
            sigpic

Comment

Bad form Disney! I'm sure we're just a couple of years from them charging for toilet paper. Bean Counters win again over tradition.

Comment

That's awful! And a shame. I'm leaving for DL tomorrow and I almost always buy a hat and have it embroidered when I go! Maybe I won't get one at all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MostExalted View Post
                  disney must really be hurting for some extra money any way they can get it.
                  Didn't it drop by like 26%?

Comment

Dang... whats next.... a computer kicks each one out as it is... you would think there would have been a cost when a human was doing them...
                    sigpic

Comment

Disney profits are down because guests are spending less in this terrible economy. So their solution is to . . . Charge their guests MORE? As of today, they have raised their admission ticket prices significantly and are charging more on merchandise?

Brilliant! Perhaps next quarter Disney can increase their loss to 50% so they can justify even larger increases. In no time at all, they might just be able to increase their loss to 100% if they can just figure out the right combination of price increases to keep EVERYONE from visiting the parks!
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

That sucks So its only free with ear hats?

Comment

The park is shooting itself in the foot. The hats have always been popular because it was a very inexpensive way to get a personalized, iconic souvenir. You could look at the price tag and think "That's a pretty good price for something that they'll put my name on." (Especially for people with unusual names that never appear on mass-produced keychains.) Now people are going to think "That's an awful lot for a blank piece of felt." The park will make more on each individual sale, but the number of sales will go down so far that they'll actually make less money.
                          Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                            That sucks So its only free with ear hats?

It was, but apparently not anymore.

Comment

I trust you Bass but can anyone confirm this? I had expected them to start charging when they switched to machines so this doesn't exactly surprise me. Management once told me the reason that the ears cost so much was because the embroidery was free... I guess Disney may have had a change of heart.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X