Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Newborn baby 7/28/09

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Newborn baby 7/28/09

Our first baby was born on July 28, 2009! What an emotional experience. My question is when would it be ok/safe to take him to Disneyland? Second, when did you take your newborn to the parks? Thanks. Any help would be appreciated. Having P.A.P will help since we are never rushed to see or do everything in one trip. (Not too happy about the price increase-but that's another story)

Re: Newborn baby 7/28/09

I can't answer your question... but congrats!

Comment

Aww! Congratulations!

You should ask your doctor about when they think it is safe to bring the baby to Disneyland. I'm still very young myself so I'm not sure. I've been going to Disneyland since I was a baby though (I'm not sure how old of a baby I was).

Anyways, good luck and I hope you will enjoy taking your baby to Disneyland for the first time. There's a lot of helpful threads on MiceChat about bringing babies to Disneyland that I would check out if I were you.
      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
      Disney is my life <3
      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
      Future Imagineer <3
      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Congratulations on your baby!

I think most doctors are wary about taking newborns out in very crowded areas before 2 months of age. It's important to ask your Doc's opinion before you take him. Also before that time you'll be so tired you won't even want to take a shower!

Our daughter is a year old (14 months) and we took her for the first time when she was 8 months. I think the youngest I would have brought her was 6 months because by that point she would be able to notice characters and music and that's the best part of taking your baby with you to DL. No matter when you decide to take your baby visit this website. http://www.babesindisneyland.com it's full of helpful tips on bringing your little one to DL. I lived on that website for like 2 weeks before we took our daughter, and some of her tips were lifesavers. The lady who writes it used to be a CM and she also has a cool blog.

There are some rides you can take your baby on and if you go to the information booth or City Hall you can ask for a Tiny Tots map which only shows rides that small children can go on.

The best piece of advice I can give is have no expectations for your first trip. I got lucky and my daughter was an angel all day her first time but other times we've been in the park for and hour and end up leaving cause it's just not a good day for her. As long as you're as prepared as you can be and as laid back as you can be everything should go beautifully. Also take FULL advantage of the baby center on main street ... it's really the happiest place on earth!

Good luck and have fun!!

Comment

Congrats!

My nephew had his first trip to DL at 2 months (my sister wanted to go sooner but I advised against it) and he did just fine. He's 6 months now and he's already been like three or four times....this kid's gonna be hooked!

Comment

Originally posted by Lalalex View Post
            Congratulations on your baby!

I think most doctors are wary about taking newborns out in very crowded areas before 2 months of age. It's important to ask your Doc's opinion before you take him. Also before that time you'll be so tired you won't even want to take a shower!

Our daughter is a year old (14 months) and we took her for the first time when she was 8 months. I think the youngest I would have brought her was 6 months because by that point she would be able to notice characters and music and that's the best part of taking your baby with you to DL. No matter when you decide to take your baby visit this website. http://www.babesindisneyland.com it's full of helpful tips on bringing your little one to DL. I lived on that website for like 2 weeks before we took our daughter, and some of her tips were lifesavers. The lady who writes it used to be a CM and she also has a cool blog.

There are some rides you can take your baby on and if you go to the information booth or City Hall you can ask for a Tiny Tots map which only shows rides that small children can go on.

The best piece of advice I can give is have no expectations for your first trip. I got lucky and my daughter was an angel all day her first time but other times we've been in the park for and hour and end up leaving cause it's just not a good day for her. As long as you're as prepared as you can be and as laid back as you can be everything should go beautifully. Also take FULL advantage of the baby center on main street ... it's really the happiest place on earth!

Good luck and have fun!!
            Great advice Lalalex. We took both of our girls before they were a year old but after 6 months. Our biggest challenge was the drive from Phoenix. Feeding, burping, changing.....etc.
            Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

The Hamands took their baby for the first time when Laura was 10 days old. My oldest was 9 months old on her first trip and my twins were 3 weeks old.

Comment

Congratulations!
                "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mugen80/

Comment

One of ours was 6 weeks old for her first trip to the Park. Another one was two months.

And somehow, they've managed to make it into their teens...

It mostly depends on YOU and how you are going to handle the situation.

The baby is just along for the ride...

Congrats!

Comment

We started taking our kids when they were pretty young. I'd wait until they are a couple weeks old though and maybe have had a couple immunizations. If the baby is breast fed, I'd worry less because they get the natural antibodies from the Mom and are less prone to getting anything. Small World was our favorite with the kids, as well as Winnie the Pooh. I see pretty young babies on Pirates also.

I'd wait until September when it is less busy and you can have your 5 feet of personal space. My pediatrician reminded me that when someone sneezes or coughs it goes in an arc down to the ground, (a couple of feet from where they are), so be sure you leave that zone around your baby and you should be fine. I took my youngest out when he was 24 hours old to the mall. He was napping and I just kept him under the cover in the stroller. He's turned out to be my healthiest little boy that seems to recover from most illnesses the fastest, etc.

I also have a HILARIOUS picture of one of my sons at 6 months old on the Henrick's caterpillar coaster in Bug's Land, he has his hands up in the air like it's a roller coaster!
                    www.OCMomActivities.blogspot.com Fun Adventures in Orange County, CA

*Submit your Disney blog posts here for upcoming Disney theme blog carnival! :ap: http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_7906.html

www.brettandkyle.blogspot.com Disneyland through the eyes of kids

Comment

Depends on a lot of things. Was the baby full term? Are you BFing?
                      If the baby was full term and I was BFing (natural antibodies) then I would probably make a trip to DL around 2 months. I would bring a sling and enjoy myself. If I was formula feeding I would probably wait another month just in case and let whatever vaccinations take effect. We didn't make it to DL until my little guys was 7 months but it's because we live in AZ We saw some babies less than a month old while we were there though - I would only do this if I was using a sling to keep my baby cocooned next to me and make it a very short trip.

Congrats by the way!!

Comment

Congrats on the baby. I don't think there is a set time to take young ones to the park. As long as you are smart and protect your child any outing whether it be the mall or Disneyland can be safe. Enjoy showing your baby what you love.

Comment

....and my cousin won't let me take my god daughter until she is 5.

What the ****.
                          Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

Comment

Both of my daughters were about 7 months old when they went the first time. They are now 26 and 24 years old. I didn't have problems with them. It was during the summer when we went. Since I nursed both, the Baby Center on Main Street was a godsend. I could go in there feed and change them and join up with my family. My two grandsons were about 4 months old when they first went. My granddaughter just went for the first time last October when she was a year old.

All did fine when they went for their first trips. The Baby Center was the best when it came to changing and feeding. I don't know if they still have the rocking chairs and private room for nursing anymore, but for me that was the best. Not only did my daughters get fed, but I got a chance to rest and relax in the cool air conditioned room.

Comment

Maybe it is because I don't have children that I don't get it. Why in the world would you want to take a new born to Disneyland? As your play thing at your play place? The child is going to have no idea what is going on, except it is loud, hot and a lot going on around him/her. I understand that you as a parent that is a big Disneyland fan, you can't wait to take your child to the park, but don't you think it would be better for you and the baby if you wait? Do you plan on just sitting on a bench all day? Do you plan to actually take the baby on an attraction. As cute as you think your baby is, they are not cute to everybody around them. Get stuck on Pirates with a crying new born behind you? The baby does his "thing" and now all of a sudden the queue for Peter Pan stinks to high heaven. The best parents in the world can get so wrapped up with their new born that they forget about those around them. "Oh my baby hardly ever cries". Well lady, he is crying now next to me while I try to eat my lunch. I keep hearing on the news that the flu season is coming and it is going to be harsh. You want your newborn being carried/pushed around a park with 40,000 strangers, many from countries with questionable health issues? I have actually thought to myself when I would take my kids to the Land, should the day come I have any. I don't think I would want to take them before they were 5 years old. I would like them to see, know and understand what is going on around them. Not as a baby looking forward in confusion and terror, but as a kid who knows who Mickey, Snow White, Indiana Jones and what pirates are. Again, maybe because I have no kids that I don't get it. But going to the Land with a new born seems like a pain in the butt to the parent, the baby and those around them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X