X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] New to DL around the christmas season

Hi everyone...
    My family and I are new to Disneyland around the christmas season, and I was wondering if there are any do's and don'ts that I should know about?

I have seen pictures of Dl during the Christmas time but what are other things to expect?

Re: New to DL around the christmas season

Originally posted by mrs marisa View Post
    Hi everyone...
    My family and I are new to Disneyland around the christmas season, and I was wondering if there are any do's and don'ts that I should know about?

I have seen pictures of Dl during the Christmas time but what are other things to expect?
    Crowds.

I don't have any don't besides try not to go the two weeks around christmas. Also, plan to have a fast pass stragity before going.

Do's: Be on main street for the lighting of the tree, fireworks show, and snow after the fireworks.
    - Go ride the Christmas version of small world.
    - Ride the Nightmare before christmas version of mansion
    - See the Bugs like Christmas area

Comment

There are NO crowds during the first two weeks of December. Trust me! Now the last two weeks, that's a whole different story!
      Do's-
      *Small World
      *Haunted Mansion
      *Take a pic with Santa Claws but you may only want to do this if your a kid or have kids =]
      * Take the Christmas tour
      *watch the Chirstmas parade while drinking a nice, steaming cup of hot chocolate
      *Decorate cookies! Again, you may only want to do this if your a kid or have kids
      *Watch the Christmas fireworks and the "snow" at the end
      Oh, goodness, there's soooo much! Oh and some of the hotels are decorated for Christmas and there's Christmas decorations everywhere in the park
      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
      Disney is my life <3
      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
      Future Imagineer <3
      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

all this talk is getting me excited.. for 1. The holiday overlays on the park and rides and 2. The COOOLD weather at the park (i'm a big fan of cold weather).
        -plagued

Comment

Dress very warm. You never know how cold it will be, but it will get cold when the sun goes down.
          sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Druggas View Post
            Dress very warm. You never know how cold it will be, but it will get cold when the sun goes down.
            Totally! I have never been so cold anywhere in the US other than at Disneyland on winter nights (exception: when I visited the Texas Panhandle one Christmas) Bring your warmest duds, stuff them all in a locker (or pick them up at your hotel if you'll be going back for an afternoon respite), and then enjoy the wonderful Yuletide atmosphere!

Comment

All of thses are very helpfull. but unlucky for me the family and I are going December 20-26, so it looks like the crowds are going to be an issue, but other then that I am so looking forward to all the decorations, and having my kiddos meet Santa and everything.

Comment

The holiday season is my favorite time to go. Just remember to pack warm or light or both. Weather in Southern California can be unpredictable trust me. Check out all the attractions but plan accordingly. Watch the Castle Snow Show and Christmas Fantasy Parade. Get Fast passes for Haunted Mansion Holiday and go watch the fireworks.
                Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X