Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark Twain Riverboat

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Mark Twain Riverboat

    Back a few years ago, I recall my friend sending me an email with a video of a man who jumped off the Mark Twain at Disneyland. They had other videos about it on YouTube a few years ago, but, now I can't find anything related to it.

    Have any of you seen or heard about this video?


  • #2
    Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

    Who is Steven Sedory?
    Video [ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11240 66"]Here[/ame].
    I don't know why I keep getting an imbedded video, but if you click on the text above in the blue bar, it should take you to the Myspace Video page.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

      Like the old saying..."stupid is as stupid does". To some, hilariously funny. Personally I don't get the humor in it. All I see is stupidity, and like some of the other commenters, a big reason why everything has to be idiot-proofed nowadays.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

        Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
        Like the old saying..."stupid is as stupid does". To some, hilariously funny. Personally I don't get the humor in it. All I see is stupidity, and like some of the other commenters, a big reason why everything has to be idiot-proofed nowadays.
        It's a particular form of stupidity which is, I'm embarrassed to say, a guy thing. Scientific studies suggest it is caused by a "stupidity gene," part of the guy genetic package as far back as homo erectus times. Back then, guys tried to impress other guys by diving off cliffs into solid ground. After thousands of years, most stupidity gene-bearing guys had removed themselves from the gene pool -- opening the way for the development of writing, art, and the advancement of civilization, the so-called "Golden Age of Guys."

        Which was swell until the 1960's, when a group of Madison Avenue guys (who tragically were born with their stupidity gene activated) invented Hot Movie Bimbos. Staring slack-jawed at posters of Raquel Welch and Suzanne Somers switched on the stupidity gene in millions of guys, resulting in offspring whose behavior we see today.


        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

        - Neil Gabler

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

          Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
          Which was swell until the 1960's, when a group of Madison Avenue guys (who tragically were born with their stupidity gene activated) invented Hot Movie Bimbos. Staring slack-jawed at posters of Raquel Welch and Suzanne Somers switched on the stupidity gene in millions of guys, resulting in offspring whose behavior we see today.


          You sure that wasn't Betty Grable in WWII?

          A bientot
          Remember
          What the dormouse said
          Feed your head!

          sigpic

          You've read it; you can't unread it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

            Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            It's a particular form of stupidity which is, I'm embarrassed to say, a guy thing. Scientific studies suggest it is caused by a "stupidity gene," part of the guy genetic package as far back as homo erectus times. Back then, guys tried to impress other guys by diving off cliffs into solid ground. After thousands of years, most stupidity gene-bearing guys had removed themselves from the gene pool -- opening the way for the development of writing, art, and the advancement of civilization, the so-called "Golden Age of Guys."

            Which was swell until the 1960's, when a group of Madison Avenue guys (who tragically were born with their stupidity gene activated) invented Hot Movie Bimbos. Staring slack-jawed at posters of Raquel Welch and Suzanne Somers switched on the stupidity gene in millions of guys, resulting in offspring whose behavior we see today.



            I'm pretty certain it was Rock Hudson who activated my stupidity switch. Bimbo of another color!

            But, you're right, Wiggins, it is a guy thing for sure!
            "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
            raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

            � Ernest Thompson Seton

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

              Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
              You sure that wasn't Betty Grable in WWII?
              BG? Hot, but orders of magnitude too intelligent.

              I'd stay and discuss, but it's time for my afternoon Whopper Bacon Cheeseburger, six pack of Bud and two hours of staring at a Paris Hilton poster.


              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

              - Neil Gabler

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                I thought the water was pretty shallow....

                Or is that only around the island?

                By the way, that video isn't loading for me.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                  I will not make 'stupid guy' jokes.
                  I will not make 'stupid guy' jokes.
                  I will not make 'stupid guy' jokes.
                  I will not make 'stupid guy' jokes.
                  I will not make 'stupid guy' jokes.
                  But...aren't all guys...er...
                  :-)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                    Originally posted by Goover View Post
                    I thought the water was pretty shallow....

                    Or is that only around the island?

                    By the way, that video isn't loading for me.
                    The water is very shallow. Of course, so is the jumper.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                      Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                      The water is very shallow. Of course, so is the jumper.
                      ) :clap:


                      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                      - Neil Gabler

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                        Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
                        The water is very shallow. Of course, so is the jumper.
                        That post is made of win.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                          Originally posted by Goover View Post
                          ...
                          By the way, that video isn't loading for me.
                          Yes I don't know why the embedded square was added that never loaded I was trying to post a link that I found of the fool that jumped.
                          Maybe the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN3jrVQzb0Q"]UTube link[/ame] will work better?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                            Originally posted by Jetlife View Post
                            Maybe the UTube link will work better?
                            Personally, I wish no link to that particular piece of garbage had worked.

                            Less seen, the better.

                            And just for the record, I am a guy. And have stared at more than my share of posters of beautiful women.

                            There. I said it.
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mark Twain Riverboat

                              The good news is that some guys are immune to the stupid gene, and behave in a rational manner. The bad news is that recently their numbers seem to be dwindling -- accompanied by an increase in such stupid-guy behavior as teen guys skateboarding off roofs; on-duty air traffic controller guys talking to their girlfriends; and bus drivers and commuter train engineers texting while crashing.
                              "But there is hope for the future. When guys are ready for a new and better life, all this will someday come to pass."
                              -- Captain Nemo

                              "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

                              - Neil Gabler

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X