This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] I want to be an Imagineer.

I figure I'll throw out two ideas I've had. If they come true, I expect to be paid!

-Right before Fantasmic, when the technical platform rises above the audience, wouldn't it be amazing if there was a speaker on the bottom that started saying "Is this platform actually stretching? Or is it your imagination..."

-I wish they would add a will-of-the-wisp (or firefly) effect to the water in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I've drawn up some conceptual designs for how it would work, but it would be *so* romantic and add so much to the ambiance.

That's all for now.

Re: I want to be an Imagineer.

Originally posted by kunai View Post
    I figure I'll throw out two ideas I've had. If they come true, I expect to be paid!

-Right before Fantasmic, when the technical platform rises above the audience, wouldn't it be amazing if there was a speaker on the bottom that started saying "Is this platform actually stretching? Or is it your imagination..."

-I wish they would add a will-of-the-wisp (or firefly) effect to the water in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I've drawn up some conceptual designs for how it would work, but it would be *so* romantic and add so much to the ambiance.

That's all for now.
    No to the first.

Yes to the second.

And no, disney will not pay you because you decided to post your stuff online

Comment

The new Disney Magic.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

hahaha the first one is funny,
        and the second really does sound nice

Comment

some techs used to say it as they rose. it was quite funny
          DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

I promise in the past 10 years I had posted some ideas online and some became true....I didn't get paid deal with it...

I posted somewhere some art I would like to see in a little mermaid ride a looong time ago..including shell vehicles and some of the stuff they have on the ride and I havent gotten my check yet =P

Comment

No, no, no, to the first.

No, to the second. It would look bad in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                No, no, no, to the first.

No, to the second. It would look bad in the day.
                My design is inconspicuous. It's hidden underneath a fake rock during the day, which slides back at night to allow the actual mechanism to function. Placed in specific areas, they would be impossible to notice.

Comment

No to the first.

Yes to the second.
                  My design is inconspicuous. It's hidden underneath a fake rock during the day, which slides back at night to allow the actual mechanism to function. Placed in specific areas, they would be impossible to notice.
                  That wouldn't work. Too much mechanics and space involved. Also, if done using fiber optics or grain-of-rice bulbs and thin piano wire as a support, they would be virtually invisible during the day if placed stragegically among bushes, reeds, trees, etc. No mini fans needed to make them "fly around" as the natural breeze would blow them around. Also, because of the small size, more of them could be implemented. VERY simple effect to do. I'm surprised they don't do it!

Comment

I would put a shop in Critter Country called Kanga's Krafts (with the R reversed). It would be a craft shop with designs definitely Disney. I actually suggested a Disney line with a craft company and they responded that they loved the idea but that Disney never expressed any interests in working with them. The shop would be shapped like Christopher Robin's tree on the outside, with an AA Roo leaping from one side of the circular shop to the other on the inside.
                    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

No and no!

-Good attempt at a joke.

-I've visited Europe quite a lot and I have never seen a single firefly.

Comment

The second idea is quite cute! The first idea is funny but it wouldn't be very fitting for the show. :] Thank you for sharing your ideas!
                        sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                        Disney is my life <3
                        Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                        Future Imagineer <3
                        Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

I don't recall a technical platform rising above the audience? Why would that be "amazing"?

I don't like fireflies around the castle. It's surrounded by a moat, not a swamp.

Comment

No. No, no, no, no, no.

And then yes.

Comment

If they come true, I expect to be paid!
                              Not to disappoint you, but if you seriously want to be an Imagineer, using those words as an introduction virtually guarantees you won't be hired. No matter how brilliantly creative your ideas, that 'tude is a deal killer.

Just sayin'.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                              Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                              imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X