Announcement

Collapse

Gumball Rally 2018

Tickets are selling fast! Act now to reserve your spot. http://micechat.com/events/rally
See more
See less

Any News On The New Fantasmic Dragon "Murphy"? 2.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Any News On The New Fantasmic Dragon "Murphy"? 2.0

Version 2.0 of this thread since the other is coming to a close soon.

Link to the old thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...on-murphy.html

ADMIN NOTE: The v. 2.0 thread has now been closed. Find the new and improved v. 3.0 thread here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...hy-v3-0-a.html
    Appears the this weekend: 8/21 - 8/23
    16.67%
    Does not appear this weekend: 8/21 - 8/23
    83.33%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Explicit; 08-17-2009, 10:39 PM.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Re: Any News On The New Fantasmic Dragon "Murphy"? 2.0

A cast member friend of mine told me that Murphy might be back later this week!

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
      Yep! This week... next year! )

Comment

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
        Actually in the original thread it has been said that it still has programming and testing to do. So a chance of it appearing this week is are very slim.
        DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

how did its status go from being repaired, to repairs complete and being programmed,and then to having steel work done, then back to testing, and now testing and programing having not even being done?

Comment

Originally posted by salasavandy View Post
            how did its status go from being repaired, to repairs complete and being programmed,and then to having steel work done, then back to testing, and now testing and programing having not even being done?
            Its complicated
            "Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmic Fan View Post
              Its complicated
              One might even say "fabricated!" :lol:

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I've been told that "Murphy" is still flying.

Comment

Originally posted by salasavandy View Post
                  This is what Darkbeer said yesterday:

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                  Ok, what I know...

Murphy had a problem a few days ago in a test session.

The crew is trying to get her to 100% as quickly as they can.

When they get it working 100%, then Full Dress Rehersals will happen for a few days (and more than likely when word will get out to the boards, as there is a large group of folks who will have to work the shows and a good chance one or two will spill the beans). The Dress Rehersals are important for safety and to get the timing down just right.

After a few Dress Rehersals that go well in a row, then Murphy should make its public appearence.

So if Murphy gets fixed this week, there is still a week or so of Rehearsals after park closing before a public performance.

So I wouldn't count on seeing Murphy for at least a couple of weeks, but there is no way anyone can tell when Murphy will be at 100%...

One piece of good news, the park will start closing earlier next week, allowing more time to work and test Murphy.....

Comment

The suspense is killing me!!!! I just hope that she will debut before I get there toward the end of September.

Im really starting to think Murphy was never really ready....

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Comment

After al the push backs on when it will come out I wouldn't be suprised if it comes out next year.

Comment

I'm just glad I was able to see the old "vintage" dragon at Disneyland.

Comment

I just hope they have it going when we go in October!
                          --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Chat on Any Questions About The New Fantasmic Dragon "Murphy" With live updates from Disneyland, Coolspike9 is there live.
                            "Somewhere Between Fright and Fantasy, Good Battles Evil In A Fiery Clash At The River's Edge."
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XxBellaThornxX View Post
                              The suspense is killing me!!!! I just hope that she will debut before I get there toward the end of September.

Im really starting to think Murphy was never really ready....
                              Possibly not; the "malfunction" may have been a story just to use as an excuse for it's incompleteness.

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                              I'm just glad I was able to see the old "vintage" dragon at Disneyland.
                              Me too, but darn me for not getting a good enough seat to see Bucky last time!

Comment

Working...
                              X