This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Best/Worst Restaurants at DLR

Well, I just wanted to see what eateries people love and hate at DLR. I am an AP and one of my many goals is to go to every restaurant (sit down, luxrious, but not food stands/carts) @ DLR. I am on trying out new places and enjoying favorites and wanted to see what you guys think of certain places. Not asking for reviews, but just seeing what is popular and what really isn't. Food, much like other things, is all a matter of taste, but usually there is a concensus as to what really is good and what just plain is awful.
    I know that as of today, I have to say that my favorite Restaurant is Storytellers Cafe. I've gone to the buffet, but I genuinely thought the food was really good (pricey, but I was not disappointed).
    I have to say that the worst place I've gone is Carnation Cafe. Yesterday was the first and very last time I will ever eat there. It's not that the food itself was terrible tasting (though I have to admit that my Steak sandwich thing was gross, but the crossaint sandwich that my gf ordered was very good), but we both got extremely sick from the food. We both ate there and had nothing else the rest of the day. Call it bad luck, but we both got sick ordering two completely different foods, and mine wasn't even good to begin with.
    Well I just want to know some other places that are good and bad. Personal faves for whatever reason, I just want to see how much more I have to go and if I am missing out or not.
    "I did do the nasty in the pasty" -Philip J. Fry

Re: Best/Worst Restaurants at DLR

I love Pizza Port because it's fast and easy. You just grab what you want and go.

Comment

My favorites are the restaurant in Condor Flats, near soarin'(love their chili burgers), and French Market in DL. I also love the Storyteller Cafe and Stitch breakfast at PCH. I hate Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. I just dont like the food.

Comment

I'm glad you like Storyteller's, as I am going there tonight for the first time in many years.

My favorite within the DLR is Whitewater Snacks at the GCH, and I like the LaBrea Bakery in DTD.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Carnation Cafe...My wife and I both think it's good, and have great meals there. Not the best meal in the park, but good for what it is.

I know many Micechatters like it too.

Plaza Inn is one of my favorites in DL. In DCA it's the Pacific Wharf
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

We went to Blue Bayou on Saturday and I thought it was okay, not great for the high price. We each got a different entree so was able to taste test the chicken, short ribs and crab cakes. Again, decent but in my opinion not worth it. The ambiance is cool, worth doing once.

My favorite is actually in DCA at Wine Trattoria but that's probably just because I can actually get wine with my meal.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Carnation Cafe...My wife and I both think it's good, and have great meals there. Not the best meal in the park, but good for what it is.

I know many Micechatters like it too.
              I know, that's why I was so disappointed that the food got us sick. I have seen around the site that it was really good and that was what prompted us to eat there. For one, we had never eaten there, and two, we see many good things about it. I mean, what I got was not good tasting at all, but that never discourages me to try something else there, but just the fact that we got sick made us decide not to try there for a long time. Maybe until we forget our food experience there.

Comment

I absolutely love the Blue Bayou- the food is delicious but its the atmosphere that makes it so amazing.

The Village Haus has gross food, at least their hamburgers are- they taste worst than McDonalds.

Comment

Originally posted by elle317 View Post
                  We went to Blue Bayou on Saturday and I thought it was okay, not great for the high price. We each got a different entree so was able to taste test the chicken, short ribs and crab cakes. Again, decent but in my opinion not worth it. The ambiance is cool, worth doing once.

My favorite is actually in DCA at Wine Trattoria but that's probably just because I can actually get wine with my meal.
                  When I went to Blue Bayou, I definitely expected more in quality food wise. It was delicious, it tasted good, the service was epic (it really was), but it just didn't live up to what I had heard so much about. The service and atmosphere were waaaaaay more memorable than the food, and since it is the food that I am going for, I can't really say it is a MUST. Maybe as you said, do it once.

Comment

Originally posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
                    I know, that's why I was so disappointed that the food got us sick. I have seen around the site that it was really good and that was what prompted us to eat there. For one, we had never eaten there, and two, we see many good things about it. I mean, what I got was not good tasting at all, but that never discourages me to try something else there, but just the fact that we got sick made us decide not to try there for a long time. Maybe until we forget our food experience there.
                    Perhaps try breakfast there next time? A different meal might help the negative connotation too.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantsTheRedhead View Post
                      I absolutely love the Blue Bayou- the food is delicious but its the atmosphere that makes it so amazing.

The Village Haus has gross food, at least their hamburgers are- they taste worst than McDonalds.
                      I read that everywhere on this site. How bad are the hamburgers at Disneyland. It makes me absolutely laugh out loud when people say they prefer McD's. I haven't eaten a McDonald's burger in over five years, but I have never eaten a Disneyland burger. I will do it just to see how bad they are.

Comment

They're hamburgers are the best hamburgers EVER! They're rly good, Idk what kind these people are eating. O.o

Comment

Originally posted by h2opolodad View Post
                          I'm glad you like Storyteller's, as I am going there tonight for the first time in many years.

My favorite within the DLR is Whitewater Snacks at the GCH, and I like the LaBrea Bakery in DTD.
                          Whitewater Snacks is our favorite as well. Their chicken nachos are very good and my boys love that you can get a grilled cheese sandwich there.

Comment

My favorite is Bengal Barbeque! I've noticed that the beef isn't as good quality as usual, but the sauces are really what make that place.
                            Rancho Del Zocalo isn't bad either. The food is good, but it's a little more expensive than most places.
                            Redd Rockett's I only go to because A. It's fast and B. There's always somewhere to sit. But as far as the food goes there are many better options.

Comment

Disneyland burgers are a little dry and tough and too small considering the price you are paying. At the Village Haus the turkey sandwich was rather nice.

My favorite is the French Market, the food is good and you get a real meal for not too much money (especialy with an AP discount). The atmosphere is quite pleasant as well - outdoors in the fresh air with a nice breeze coming off RoA and the foot traffic is not too bad right next to the restaurant, most people walk down closer to RoA, and you get great jazz when the Royal Street Bachelors are playing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X