Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep the Gold Vehicles

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Keep the Gold Vehicles

    I think they should keep the gold vehicles on all the 50th rides and when a ride turns 50 they should also get a gold vehicle. Maybe when space turns 50 they will go back to 98 TL color scheme) Give me your thoughts

  • #2
    Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

    All of the 50th enhancements (gold vehicles, castle crowns, happiest faces on earth) should be temporary.

    You don't leave the party streamers up after the party just because they look fun. Same with Disneyland. It would be tacky and it should be temporary.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

      No, let's not keep them. I never liked them to begin with.
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

        I agree with MasterGracey, you don't leave up decorations after a party. Plus knowing how easily confused the general public can get at Disneyland, people would wonder why one Dumbo was gold or why one Jungle Cruise boat looks nothing like the others.

        We get the golden touches for 18 months, that's plenty of time in my opinion, though admittedly I'll be a little sad when the whole 50th celebration is over.

        ErikAnders.smugmug.com

        Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


        1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

          I'm divided, the concept of honoring rides when they reach 50 is an interesting proposal, but I have to agree, "When the party is over, turn off the lights." So I guess if it was a straight yes/no vote, mine would be no.

          Also, if you brand a ride a classic (or 50 years) or something, then the ride becomes untouchable. Eventually the park would become stagnant because nothing could be changed and that defeats the original theory of the park.

          Ok, no, no, no, no, there are you happy now.
          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

            I forgot to mention how each of the original attractions has the little plaque near the entrance to the attraction saying how it was an original attraction, my guess is that those will remain once the 50th birthday is over.

            ErikAnders.smugmug.com

            Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


            1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

              Originally posted by DLandFansAZ
              I'm divided, the concept of honoring rides when they reach 50 is an interesting proposal, but I have to agree, "When the party is over, turn off the lights." So I guess if it was a straight yes/no vote, mine would be no.

              Also, if you brand a ride a classic (or 50 years) or something, then the ride becomes untouchable. Eventually the park would become stagnant because nothing could be changed and that defeats the original theory of the park.

              Ok, no, no, no, no, there are you happy now.
              I agree the party is over when it is over. Each of the the rides that are from opening day already have a small plaque on each of the ride entrances. Yes It is small. The only thing Im not looking forward to is when the castle changes back, it just seems so dull before because I ve gotten used to the new look.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                Originally posted by bjvb15
                Maybe when space turns 50 they will go back to 98 TL color scheme) Give me your thoughts
                Please! No!!! For the love of humanity!!!!
                "Somebody need me too much; somebody know me too well. Somebody pull me up short, and put me through hell, and give me support for being alive. Make me alive. Make me alive! Make me confused; mock me with praise. Let me be used. Vary my days. But alone is alone, not alive. Somebody crowd me with love, somebody force me to care. Somebody let me come through, I'll always be there as frightened as you, to help us survive being alive."
                --"Being Alive"
                Company Stephen
                Sondheim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                  Originally posted by Anders
                  I forgot to mention how each of the original attractions has the little plaque near the entrance to the attraction saying how it was an original attraction, my guess is that those will remain once the 50th birthday is over.
                  Originally posted by TicTocDragon
                  I agree the party is over when it is over. Each of the the rides that are from opening day already have a small plaque on each of the ride entrances. Yes It is small. The only thing Im not looking forward to is when the castle changes back, it just seems so dull before because I ve gotten used to the new look.

                  Steve get out of my head!:ap:

                  ErikAnders.smugmug.com

                  Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ


                  1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                    Sorry Eric, I just wanted to help!
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                      Originally posted by MasterGracey
                      All of the 50th enhancements (gold vehicles, castle crowns, happiest faces on earth) should be temporary.

                      You don't leave the party streamers up after the party just because they look fun. Same with Disneyland. It would be tacky and it should be temporary.
                      It would be like the people leave their X-mas lights up all year long.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                        Originally posted by DifrntDrmr
                        It would be like the people leave their X-mas lights up all year long.
                        Hey I live in Georgia and we do that. It makes for nice ambiance lighting.
                        Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
                        Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                          Originally posted by DifrntDrmr
                          It would be like the people leave their X-mas lights up all year long.
                          I was thinking the exact same thing! Plus, I think those plaques at the original rides should be left there, not just for the 18 month celebration. I disagree that once you put a plaque memorializing their 50 year reign, that they will become untouchable (look at the GNU jungle cruise!). And like TicTock said, I too will miss the ultra shiny castle. I just hope they keep the gold and glitters and only take down the banners and crowns and those other ornamental ropey thingies on the tourrets.
                          MCDADMCA

                          ^clicky clicky^

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                            Originally posted by Anders
                            I forgot to mention how each of the original attractions has the little plaque near the entrance to the attraction saying how it was an original attraction, my guess is that those will remain once the 50th birthday is over.
                            I think if they want to honor 50 years of a specific attraction, the plaques are perfect. No need to keep the golden ride vehicles.. They will look out of place and get stale after the 50th celebration.

                            Originally posted by MissChristine
                            I was thinking the exact same thing! Plus, I think those plaques at the original rides should be left there, not just for the 18 month celebration. I disagree that once you put a plaque memorializing their 50 year reign, that they will become untouchable (look at the GNU jungle cruise!). And like TicTock said, I too will miss the ultra shiny castle. I just hope they keep the gold and glitters and only take down the banners and crowns and those other ornamental ropey thingies on the tourrets.
                            I hope the castle keeps its new paint as well. It looks amazing, and after seeing pictures of the castle before its new paint scheme and pictures of Hong Kong Disneyland that has the original paint scheme, it all just looks so drab. So dull and so boring... I think the bright colors and shimmering glitter in the paint comes off rather tastefully and looks nice without being distracting or gaudy.

                            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Keep the Gold Vehicles

                              i think the castle looks great all made up, but it shouldn't be kept that way forever

                              Orlando doing good
                              http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

                              www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                              Princess of Randomness

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X