Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Yet another question on upgrading a Park-Hopper to an Annual Pass

I know, I know... the last thing that's needed around here are more questions about upgrading to an annual pass. However I've poked around searching through the thread for the last 30 minutes and couldn't find this specific question or answer on micechat or through the AP section and FAQ of the Disneyland website, so here it goes...

I bought the 5 days for the price of 3 park-hopper tickets before they disappeared recently. We'll be at the Disneyland Resort from 8/30-9/3. I recently learned that I could be getting a bonus at work right in the middle of our time at DLR on 9/01. Since we come to LA 2-3 times per year I figured it would be a great deal to upgrade our park-hopper tickets to annual passes before we leave.

Here's my question: When upgrading a 5:3 park-hopper ticket to a Premium Annual pass and some of the 5 days have been used, do I get credit for the entire price I paid for the 5:3 tickets? Or do I only get credit for the unused portion.

If I understood what I read elsewhere it sounds like I could upgrade our tickets to premium annual passes on our last day at the resort and get credit for the full price I paid. The only catch being that the Annual Pass would expire one year from the first day we used the 5:3 park-hoppers. In this example they would expire on 8/30/10.

If anyone can confirm if I have this right or correct me and set me straight that would be great.

Thanks!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Re: Yet another question on upgrading a Park-Hopper to an Annual Pass

I believe you are correct in that. I know that if you buy a park ticket, you use the $69 you paid, and then just pay the rest. So, it seems logical that it would be the same in this case.

And, you can always ask inside the park, or if you have to pick up your tickets from the ticket booth.

Nous sommes tous fous ici
    What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
    I be bloggin' Tumblr

Comment

Thanks Ann. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that work bonus so that I have the AP upgrade option.

BTW I've been enjoying your posts and think you'd be an awesome Tink. I'm sure you and our resident future Alice will both be signing autographs and making fun, silly faces in our photos before you know it.
      Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

Yes you will get full credit for the cost you paid for the passes from their first date of use. You may opt to upgrade one of the tickets earlier than the last day but after you use the early morning so that you can take advantage of the free parking, food and merchandise discount.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Mickey View Post
          Thanks Ann. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that work bonus so that I have the AP upgrade option.

BTW I've been enjoying your posts and think you'd be an awesome Tink. I'm sure you and our resident future Alice will both be signing autographs and making fun, silly faces in our photos before you know it.
          Oh hahaha thank you so much! I didn't know that you had been following that thread!

Have a magical time at Disneyland!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
          What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
          I be bloggin' Tumblr

Comment

And Darth Mickey, just a reminder that you must transfer from your park hopper ticket to AP by the last day of your visit. I was reminded of this when I called the ticket office earlier this month. And don't forget to allow yourself enough time to wait in line and have your photo taken at the Plaza Pavillion (meaning not at the very end of the day).
            sigpic

Comment

Couple thing to remember. With no blackouts on those days, you may want to upgrade to an AP sooner rather than later. APs get discounts on food and merchandise(premium). If your going to be eating in the park a lot, it might just pay to upgrade the first day.

Make sure you upgrade before the last day is used and the AP will expire one year from the first date of use of the parkhopper.

Comment

Thanks for the advice everyone. It's great to have so much help.

I had almost forgotten about the lines for AP processing so thanks for the reminder.

If my bonus comes in it will be Sept 1 so I can't upgrade earlier than that. We'll be staying at the Grand Californian Hotel so we're covered on parking.

We're also Disney Vacation Club members so we already have access to a 10% discount on food, but I understand the AP discounts are better and more widespread in most cases.

I'll be interested to see if we get the $20 discount on the AP that DVC members are supposed to get.That could make it an even better deal for us.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Mickey View Post
                  I'll be interested to see if we get the $20 discount on the AP that DVC members are supposed to get.That could make it an even better deal for us.
                  We got the DVC Member $20 discount when we upgraded our parkhoppers to AP's two years ago- they should still be doing it now.

Comment

You are all correct! My wife works at the main gate at DLR and I confirmed it with her. you will get the full credit that you paid for the ticket...but your AP will be backdated to the first day you used the 5:3 pass...Still a great deal I think.
                    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by pirate_tim View Post
                      And Darth Mickey, just a reminder that you must transfer from your park hopper ticket to AP by the last day of your visit. I was reminded of this when I called the ticket office earlier this month. And don't forget to allow yourself enough time to wait in line and have your photo taken at the Plaza Pavillion (meaning not at the very end of the day).

Question: I'm upgrading my son's So Calif summer fun pass to an Annual pass this week for him... We are from out of state, and he is now living down here with my sister to finish high school..: Question would be, what can we show for proof that he is living with her? He doesn't have ID from school YET, but I have guardianship papers for him to stay here as he won't be 18 until May next year... can I use guardianship papers as ID for him to get a S. Calif annual pass? We want to apply his ticket to it this week...

Thanks!
                      Vickie
                      ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Comment

As long as your son is living in Socal he should have no problem. All he has to do is tell them his address here and say he lives here now. They are pretty lenient at the Ticket booth on this one. Anyone can buy a SoCal Pass at Vons Market as well even if from out of town.

oh and the Plaza Pavillion stays open until like 1:00am for those that didn't stand in line during the open hours. but it can get crazy there late at night as everyone realizes that they still have to get the picture taken....I always say get there early.
                        Last edited by CMHusband; 08-23-2009, 09:11 PM. Reason: Updated Info
                        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
                          As long as your son is living in Socal he should have no problem. All he has to do is tell them his address here and say he lives here now. They are pretty lenient at the Ticket booth on this one. Anyone can buy a SoCal Pass at Vons Market as well even if from out of town.

oh and the Plaza Pavillion stays open until like 1:00am for those that didn't stand in line during the open hours. but it can get crazy there late at night as everyone realizes that they still have to get the picture taken....I always say get there early.

Thanks! We may as well run over today, and put change his 3 day to the pass, and give them my sister's addy here. I am going to put it on a payment schedule... I want to save some time, so we aren't going TODAY, so we don't have to worry about the time it takes to get it done. =)

He's really excited! First of our immediate family to have an annual pass.. LOL! FUN!

Vickie
                          ~Dead Men Tell No Tales~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X