Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] I miss the 50th Anniversary!!

This is my inaugural thread on micechat and I wanted to share one of my favorite DL memories.

I loved the 50th! I loved everything about it. All the decorations made me so happy and there was such a glow around the park. And all the guests were so happy to be there just to be a part of something special. Sometimes when I walk around the park I find myself wishing for some of the good old 50th decorations. But what I loved the most were the mosaics made of tiny pictures of guests. On 2 trips that summer my girlfriends and I made a point to reenact as many as we could (while still riding as many rides as possible). Here are some pictures of our most successful tableaus.

Snow White and Dopey

The Genie

Simba and Nala

It's a Small World (We're being the tipsy kid on the bike)

Hitchhiking Ghosts

An Epic Battle (not sure why this one is miniature)

Stitch

Alice - Another weird mini one

And my personal favorite - my interpretation of an Indian Princess

Ohhh the colors of the wind!!!

I miss these so much! Is there anything special that happened during the 50th that you guys miss? Let's relive it together!!

Re: I miss the 50th Anniversary!!

cool pics.... i loved all the hidden "50's" if they were even supposed to be hidden... and the mosaic's and the such... love the add ons for jungle cruise especially
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

Comment

I miss all the photo mosaics, the fireworks, and parade!! It was such a special time for me!!

Also, I miss the decorations on Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Comment

I miss the 50th, too! I do feel like it was a really special time in the park. I got my first ever annual pass that year, and visited 49 times! I was just one short of 50, darnit! My favorite parts were the Remember fireworks, and the reopening of Space Mountain!! :yea: And I remember reading on Miceage about when cast members lined up all along Main Street and would say "Welcome home!" to all of the guests passing by. I thought that sounded so neat and special. I think that might have happened on the actual anniversary, which I went to, but wasn't there early enough in the morning to see. A cast member also said "Welcome home, because this is your home now!" to me when I bought my annual pass, and I thought that was the greatest thing ever.

Comment

I am so with you on this. When ever I'm in Disneyland I walk around picturing where all of the hidden Mickeys were. My daughter's first visit to Disneyland was during the 50th celebration, so it will always have a place in my heart. Thanks for posting those great photos.

Comment

I never got to go to the 50th it looked magical
            Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

thanks for the pictures - brings back a lot of happy memories from the 50th

seems like only yesterday
              - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Nice pictures! I miss all those mosaics pictures! I wonder what Disney did with those pictures?
                Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

For those who don't know and wanted to know the mening of the five tiaras of the castle:

The Five Tiaras of Sleeping Beauty Castle

The Concept Art:

The great and beautiful Sleeping Beauty's Castle

The five crowns or "tiaras" and what they mean

Tiara Four: The Indiana Jones Adventure is represented by the evil Eye of Mara, guarded by mesmerizing snakes. Debut 1995

Tiara Five: The 50th Anniversary of Disneyland is represented by fireworks and Tinker Bell. Ext 2005

That's All Folks............ Whoops, wrong park,

Comment

I forgot how pretty the castle was and all about those murals! Thanks for the little reminders.

Comment

Didn't know about the background of the tiara's... very cool!

Comment

Yep, the 50th was amazing. But it was too crowded all the time.

Comment

Thanks Dan - Tasmic for the awesome tiaras info, I didn't know that. It's a really cool concept. I loved how the castle looked with all the tiaras on it.

And I do wonder what happened to those mosaics, I would wallpaper my house in them if I could!!

Comment

I also LOVED the 50th! We live in Seattle and went to the park I think 5 times that year! (For a week each time.) It was such fun to find the "hidden" Mickeys and the castle looked so pretty! We were there on 5-5-05 for the kick-off of the celebration. It was a very special time!

Comment

I know what happened to at least one of the mosaics. When I was at the Dream Imagine Create sale I happened across one in a dumpster. No, I did not fish it out, although now I kind of wish I had. I was not in the early group to enter the event (there was a TON of 50th stuff already sold and boxed up before I got in) so some of them may have been sold dirt cheap. I know some of the 50th hidden Mickeys went for $25 on up to a couple hundred dollars. The "high-end" hidden Mickeys went for much, much more at the auction.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X