X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cositaluvsmickey
    Only the Lonely
    • Feb 2009

[Question] Main Street Electrical parade?

Hello everyone..hope everyone has a pleasent monday...

I was just wondering...When the MSEP comes back to disneyland...will it be a permanent fixture or will it only last for the 55th aniverisery?

I'm hoping and crossing my fingers for it to be permanent?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• DARTH KNITE
    Banned User
    • Aug 2009

Re: Main Street Electrical parade?

I feel pretty comfortable saying it should be permanent. I think they learned their lesson the last time, that people have grown up with and love this parade and it's a Disney staple, much like Fantasmic! has become. Remember the point of it moving is mostly just to get it out of the way of World of Color. If they wanted it gone, they would just end it. But with the money they just spent revamping it, it should stick around a while. I would love to see Dumbo Unit return though, as the Bedknobs and Broomsticks lion was a fan favorite. I would even like to see the buildings along Main St. light up again as they did during Light Magic, but anyway... I'm hoping it will stay. It does seem they've learned that it belongs in the park. Everyday a new generation is being introduced to it.

Comment

• Giddy4Aladdin
      Evaporate, tall person!
      • Oct 2006

So.. bare with me while I regain my bearings about all things "MiceChat" and "Disney"..

The Electrical Parade is back at Disneyland?

I thought it was at DCA.. hmm.. I was at Disneyland at the beginning of summer and haven't been back since.. so I'm not sure what's changed around in the past few months..

I like looking at the parade.. but the electronic voice always creeped me out.. and it still kinda does..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

• DARTH KNITE
        Banned User
        • Aug 2009

Hang on a second. This post is referring to when the parade will return to Disneyland. It hasn't yet. It still performs in DCA for summer and Christmas, but will move back to the other park when World of Color opens at DCA because it would just be a ridiculous crowd control issue since it crosses in front of the lagoon. This is will also tie in with the 55th anniversary of the Land.

Comment

• Giddy4Aladdin
          Evaporate, tall person!
          • Oct 2006

Ohhhhhh... makes sense..

That would be pretty cool to see it back on Main Street..

Again.. the electronic voice creeps me out.. but it's such an iconic parade.. it will bring back memories for the older crowd.. and make so many new memories for the younger generations to come!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

• DisneyKid1994
            (Not a) New User
            • Sep 2008

.... But since Disney ruined the parade (IMO at least) it probably won't be as popular in later years.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

• DARTH KNITE
              Banned User
              • Aug 2009

Ruined seems like a strong word. Yes there's a new float, but that's been done before, and the new music is just a re-orchestration of the original. Also, the tech updates (lighting being able to dim, switch to LEDs) was necessary. However, as I said before, I want Dumbo back. I also don't think it makes much sense to take out Blue Fairy but put in Pinocchio, oh well. I don't miss people calling her Cinderella though.

Comment

• Rob™
                Member; Mousketeer
                • Jan 2009

The Main Street Electrical Parade will be
                moving back to Disneyland from California Adventure
                to have better crowd control.

World of Color will produce mass crowds.

But the crowd control will not end there.

California Adventure's entrance will
                become confined because of the construction
                it will undertake to develop Buena Vista Street.

Another reason that the Electrical Parade will
                remain in Disneyland is because there may be a new
                nighttime parade that will arrive in California Adventure
                after 2012.
                Last edited by Rob�; 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM. Reason: Because I have a serious case of obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to grammer.

Comment

• Ex-SmallWorld CM
                  Banned User
                  • Jun 2005

PLEASE let it go back to Disneyland where it belongs! I miss seeing the total darkness of Disneyland's Parade while the parade is in session! I have my fingers and toes cross for any final confirmation from Disney!

Comment

• Explicit
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2009

I want the original music to come back!!
                    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15...

Comment

• hurricanefreak
                      Really????
                      • Jan 2009

it just feels better at Disneyland
                      Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

• hurricanefreak
                        Really????
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Explicit View Post
                        i like the new music
                        Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

• DisneyKid1994
                          (Not a) New User
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
                          Ruined seems like a strong word. Yes there's a new float, but that's been done before, and the new music is just a re-orchestration of the original. Also, the tech updates (lighting being able to dim, switch to LEDs) was necessary. However, as I said before, I want Dumbo back. I also don't think it makes much sense to take out Blue Fairy but put in Pinocchio, oh well. I don't miss people calling her Cinderella though.
                          I know ruined isn't the right word, but I can't think of a word that fits the parade other than that, now at least. I call it ruined because they're destroying it by adding Tinkerbell, which is the popular thing that makes the greedy Disney Co. a lot of money, something that also makes a lot of older people unhappy. Naturally Disney picks money over happiness. And some of the LED fixtures were necessary, except for the pixie dust effect, which is sprinkling Tink's money-making business all over the whole parade.

Another reason that the Electrical Parade will
                          remain in Disneyland is because there may be a new
                          nighttime parade that will arrive in California Adventure
                          after 2012.
                          This is the first I've heard of this.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

• tech4all
                            MiceChatter
                            • Aug 2009

I heard the new soundtrack sounds like the Tokyo soundtrack....?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3VNVBG-Tw]YouTube - Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade: DreamLights: Classic Mix with Underliner[/ame]

To anyone who has seen the new, does that sound about right?

Comment

• imagineerthat
                              A World of Laughter
                              • Aug 2006

What time do you think they'll run the parade? most of the Hub and Main Street are full with people waiting for fireworks and then herding everyone to Fantasmic and back down Main Street, it's been 13 years since they've had to handle all three entertainment offerings and there are a lot more people now and brining back the MSEP will bring back a lot of people.

Comment

• DARTH KNITE
                                Banned User
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by tech4all View Post
                                I heard the new soundtrack sounds like the Tokyo soundtrack....?

To anyone who has seen the new, does that sound about right?

Yes. That's where they got it. I actually really like it. It's the same song, just different instrumentation and I think it has an even older quality to it. Also the new digital mixes allows for stronger bass and highs, that I think add to the excitement. They just get more volume now.

As far as them making it more popular with Tinkerbell, she was always in the parade she's just been upgraded. I liked Blue Fairy, but a fairy's a fairy really.

Comment

• Pisces
                                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Explicit View Post

The new music seemed to go with the new venue of DCA. But, if they are going back to the original venue, then they should use the original music.
                                  2007 Photos:
                                  http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                                  More 2007 Photos:
                                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                                  2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                                  http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                                  2006 Photos:
                                  http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

• Pisces
                                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by imagineerthat View Post
                                    What time do you think they'll run the parade? most of the Hub and Main Street are full with people waiting for fireworks and then herding everyone to Fantasmic and back down Main Street, it's been 13 years since they've had to handle all three entertainment offerings and there are a lot more people now and brining back the MSEP will bring back a lot of people.

That's one of the things I don't understand, and especially during the Holiday times when they've got to run 2 Christmas Fantasy Parades.

Certainly, DCA has wider walkways, and hard to believe they can't squeeze in the Electrical parade in between showings of World of Color, especially if they are going to extend the hours of DCA.

What we're talking about during Holiday Times at the Main Park is :

* Three parades, two Fantasmics, and Fireworks.....

..vs

* Two World of Colors and one parade at DCA.

To me, DCA is the more convenient, and less chaotic location.
                                    2007 Photos:
                                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                                    More 2007 Photos:
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                                    2006 Photos:
                                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X