Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien Encounter: in theme with Future World or Tomorrowland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Alien Encounter: in theme with Future World or Tomorrowland?

This a side thread to the one about it being in DCA(or WDS and DHS) that I chatted with datamaster, I then thought of this question:

Is it closer in theme to that of Tomorrowland(take your pick on which Tomorrowland it is.) or of Epcot's Future World?
    sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Re: Alien Encounter: in theme with Future World or Tomorrowland?

If Disneyworld had kept with the theme of "Spaceport," yes, it worked. The problem with Tomorrowland in general is that it conflicts (IMHO) with Future World's message. They tried to play us the "the future is now" but with having so many random experiences, it seems lost.

I liked Alien Encounter and worked much better with the theme that was intially presented.

Future World, with it's experiences, has a sense of 'this is now and this is what's possible with it..." There is a strong science element. Wereas, Tomorrowland has more a science fiction milieu.

If that makes any sense.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I see a thread merge on the horizon...

Comment

I haven't seen Future World in person in a great many years, and I have virtually no memories of it, but from what I know, I'd say I agree with you, Timekeeper - it's better suited to Tomorrowland.

Comment

Originally posted by Roo719 View Post
          If Disneyworld had kept with the theme of "Spaceport," yes, it worked. The problem with Tomorrowland in general is that it conflicts (IMHO) with Future World's message. They tried to play us the "the future is now" but with having so many random experiences, it seems lost.

I liked Alien Encounter and worked much better with the theme that was intially presented.

Future World, with it's experiences, has a sense of 'this is now and this is what's possible with it..." There is a strong science element. Wereas, Tomorrowland has more a science fiction milieu.

If that makes any sense.

Peace,
          Roo

It does, thank you Roo:thumbup:
          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
            I see a thread merge on the horizon...
            Where?:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              I haven't seen Future World in person in a great many years, and I have virtually no memories of it, but from what I know, I'd say I agree with you, Timekeeper - it's better suited to Tomorrowland.
              ( :ot:, Sorry.) Really!? somebody post some pics of of the prsent Future World please?:shy:?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X