This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Indy location question

Does anyone have an old map, or can anyone tell me what was located in the space that the Indiana Jones ride now takes up before 1955? Was there possibly a house in the area? I'm mainly trying to find information as to what may have been located near the loading area back before the park occupied the space. Thanks!

Re: Indy location question

I know Pre - Indy, it was the Eeyore Parking Lot.

Comment

Long, long before that the space was used as part of Holidayland, a picnic/playground/events area adjacent to the park that didn't last very long.
      Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
      Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!

Comment

Originally posted by Legacy View Post
        Long, long before that the space was used as part of Holidayland, a picnic/playground/events area adjacent to the park that didn't last very long.
        Right right... again, I'm particularly interested in what was there before Disneyland came into existence if anyone can shed some light on that.

Comment

As you probably know, most of the park was just orange groves, with a few roads and houses. As of 1953, the spot where Indy currently is did not have a house on it, but there was a house or similar structure just north of the main show building, where there is currently a tunnel beneath the berm:

(not my photo)

Source: historicaerials.com

Comment

In this photo (I don't have a credit for it), you'll see the mostly pristine orange groves. You can see multiple dotted lines and one large solid square in the center. That square is the top 2/3 of Disneyland and the parking lot/DCA. Below the square is the rest of the parking lot/DCA - the road at the bottom of the photo is Katella.

Anyhow, in the middle of the square, there is a dirt road that goes horizontally, with three large groves of trees that go vertically below it. That raod goes through town square in Disneyland east to west.

Between the left two tree lines, there are two houses, one on each side of that dirt road. The one north of the road is the Dominquez house, which sat approximately where the main building for POTC is. So just to the right of that is the Indy queue and then Jungle Cruise. The building south of the road (thanks to Steve) is one of the Callen houses. It sits about where the back building for POTC is, or just northwest of the Indy show building.

I hope that's not TOO much info. Oh, and I hope I got that all right too.

Last edited by Mojave; 09-08-2009, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              In this photo (I don't have a credit for it)...
              Sure you have a credit - See that big "Disneyland, Inc." in the lower right-hand corner?

Victoria, what prompted your interest in this subject?

Comment

Thanks for the great info, everyone. I appreciate all your replies.

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
                Sure you have a credit - See that big "Disneyland, Inc." in the lower right-hand corner?

Victoria, what prompted your interest in this subject?
                Hi, Steve. I was just curious as to what was in this vicinty as I thought a house might have been somewhere around there but wasn't quite sure.

Comment

Victoria,

Looks like you just missed a very similar discussion we had a few days ago, about the houses that once existed on the property:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...struction.html
                  Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 09-10-2009, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Actually I did see that but I didn't read the entire thing beyond most of the first page. I thought it mainly pertained to the Critter Country area and not necessarily Adventureland. I guess back in the day though they would have been considered next-door neighbors though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X