Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Candlelight 2009--Any News Yet?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Candlelight 2009--Any News Yet?

Have any details been released yet for Candlelight 2009?

Re: Disneyland Candlelight 2009--Any News Yet?

I haven't seen or heard anything yet.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Any updates yet?
      Charlie :wave:
      MiceChat User #1037

Comment

what is it?
        sigpic

Comment

The Candlelight Processional is a Christmas tradition at Disneyland (and now at WDW). It usually occurs the first weekend in December with 2 shows on both Saturday and Sunday.

Disneyland's Town Square has a large stage built in front of the Main Street Station with numerous risers for singers behind a a full orchestra. Candlelight guests are seated in front of the stage and Disneyland guests are all around Town Square in anticipation of the beginning of the show.

At the appropriate time, a huge choir made up of Disneyland Castmembers and local OC choir members begin a procession up Main Street from the Sleeping Beauty's Castle towards the town square singing Christmas carols and holding (electronic) candles.

As the reach the stage they are situated in such a manner that they form a "living" Christmas tree and then a celebrity guest speaker (last year it was John Stamos) begins to read from the bible about the story of the birth of Jesus Christ. The speaker will stop at appropraite times and the choir will sing a Christmas carol relating to the birth of Christ.

Candleight Processional is a thing of beauty and really drives home "the reason for the season". I'd highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Here is a YouTube link to last years Candlelight Processional.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuGxKJxj1Bo"]YouTube - Disneyland Candlelight 2008 Part 1[/ame]
          Last edited by Circarama; 10-07-2009, 11:23 AM.
          MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Historically Candlelight has been held the first weekend in December. (Oh wait, Charlie already said that... )

I'm guessing it will be the same this year. But I don't think tickets to the event are made available until sometime in November.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I'm hoping our family can see Candlelight for the first time this year. I'm personally glad to see that Disneyland has not abandoned the biblical theming. After all, the birth of Christ is the reason we have Christmas. Disneyland at Christmas rocks!! It's something that I believe everyone can and does enjoy!
              Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                The Candlelight Processional is a Christmas tradition at Disneyland (and now at WDW). It usually occurs the first weekend in December with 2 shows on both Saturday and Sunday. . . .
                The auction lot for the CP Napa Rose dinner stated that it must be used by 12/7/09, so I think it is a safe bet that CP will be 12/6 and 12/7 this year. -- Suzanne

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
                  The auction lot for the CP Napa Rose dinner stated that it must be used by 12/7/09, so I think it is a safe bet that CP will be 12/6 and 12/7 this year. -- Suzanne
                  Ah yes... Lot #37:
                  Napa Rose Dinner & Candlelight Viewing
                  (Bidder, plus three (3) Guests)
                  Start the holiday season off right, with a festive dinner
                  at our award-winning restaurant, Napa Rose inside

(Experience must be completed by December 6, 2009, weather
                  permitting. Participants must be at least 12 years of age.)

Auction price...

$3100

MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
                    It's always on a Saturday and a Sunday, right? So the dates would be Dec 5 and 6. No?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                      It's always on a Saturday and a Sunday, right? So the dates would be Dec 5 and 6. No?
                      You are correct, Sir.
                      MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Dang! Just realized looking through the threads for Candlelight, that there are no dinner packages this year and only D23 packages are being offered. ($235 each, plus membership) May have to pass on seeing it this year, since it will be a zoo trying to get "unreserved" spots. I love candleight, but waiting all day for it isn't my cup of tea.
                        sigpic

Comment

I will still be in the park that weekend since that Saturday is my birthday.... but I think maybe I'll hide out in Fantasyland instead of watching. I've never seen the candlelight procession, but I don't want to fight the crowds.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I read somewhere that they are not doing dining packages this year. It was on another board that it was verified by Disney, and I don't know how to link to other boards, or if I am supposed to.
                            San Diego Pole Parties

Comment

This is one gal's personal opinion. :-)
                              With due respect to Circarama and 4apples4disney, the show presented is not the "retelling the story of Christ" specifically. While the show script seems to be mostly based on that Christian Bible story (or at least fairly aligned with)... Disneyland is not providing a religious retelling of a Bible story &/or supporting organized religion in general. While it may warm the cockles of many persons hearts to hear many things they find familiar from their personal beliefs or visits to thier local house of worshiping, it's not 'presented' to be anything else. For the people I know, they've participated in the event simply for the joy of singing songs and being a part of a beautiful, professional production show. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but reading this thread made me (personally) feel just a smidge hinky in the description to others. Again... just wanted to provide a clarifying or broader view.
                              Last edited by Rednoyz; 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM. Reason: grammar / error

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X